Jump to content
BOW32

Dr Bisanga FUE 2000 - March 2019

Recommended Posts

On 10/15/2019 at 4:50 AM, Curlinginthesquatrack said:

Amazing result. Lucky guy! Keep us updated. Looks great!

 

On 10/21/2019 at 11:44 PM, FrontalHT12 said:

Wow, incredible and its only been 6 and a half months!!!

Thanks Guys 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2019 at 11:37 PM, home1212 said:

the hair gods are pleased 

😂 I hope so man! 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7.5 months.

Bit of a different update this month, just to highlight the disparity of growth between the different areas! I had my hair cut shorter recently, which has further highlighted a patch that has always historically been slower/less dense than the rest of the transplanted areas since surgery, so hopefully helps give an insight! 

First pic attached is the area at 2.5 months post op - second two pics are at 7.5 months - I think there has been slight growth, however considerably slower than the rest of the recipient, which is frustrating! Keen to here some thoughts! 


 

0-1.jpg

0-2.jpg

0-3.jpg

Edited by BOW32

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 Months

Morning Everyone. 

Hard to believe its still only been 9 months - it honestly feels as though the procedure was at least 18 months ago now, however that may be due to having had a very busy 2019! 

Either way, its continued to be an exciting/interesting/frustrating at times journey, largely depending on what mood you are in -  but overall I have been very happy with my decision to go for surgery, and I am impressed with the results that I see today. 

Two of the threads I followed in depth before having my surgery were @DEB1982and  @lukeyb1687 's - Interestingly enough, I have the same observation as Luke did at 9 months surrounding an area which appears more sparse dependent on the direction in which I push my hair - not sure whether it is part of the limits of the 'illusion', a normal consequence of how the angles of graft placement are designed, or perhaps a result of hairs still not being fully matured.....however it isn't a huge aesthetic concern, and probably mimics a natural hairline's composition. It was actually an area where i had a cows lick as a child, so I wonder whether that plays any part in it? 

Anyway - after reading through various threads, I've noticed the demand for people to show the differences lighting can play post HT - again, all I can do is broadcast my individual experience and observations - so don't take my words as Gospel - but at 9 months (so still with some room for additional maturation), having had 2000 grafts to lower my hairline, and fill in NW 2 loss temples with a medium/medium fine calibre of hair - only under harsh lighting, such as bathroom spot lights, nightclub lighting, overhead halogens can you see scalp, mimicking the classic 'halo' appearance, in all other conditions, it looks thick, healthy, and natively dense - The first two front on pics are literally taken one step apart from each other to highlight this. 

The final 3 are a mix of lighting in a bathroom with spotlights. 

I have been in communication with the clinic, and will be meeting with Dr B upon around the year mark next year, which I am looking forward to - will be good to have feedback and a professional evaluation, as I am aware he is very critical of his own work, and always wants to ensure the best outcomes! 

 

IMG-8981.jpg

IMG-8982.jpg

IMG-8985.jpg

IMG-8986.jpg

IMG-8987.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think your hair looks really good and you're just paranoid.

Edited by Lyubo93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, hairdisaster21 said:

It’s really thin. I can see it the empty space. Good luck

What? Are? You? Talking? About?

This is a great result and on top a rare 1 out of 100 cases without big shedding...the yeti exist!

There is one very small area with less than optimal growth. This is a <50 FU unshaven touch up away from a 10/10 result.

By the way: When going thorugh this thread it appeared that there was some crust? in this area? Maybe a small infection or fungi?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With respect, and as you are thankfully aware also, the test for a good outcome is not to have the hair going upwards and under harsh spot light, a HT is not planned to show no skin under those circumstances, you would need a hair-piece for that! It is about an illusion, placing at less than native density and giving a pleasing result. If anyone wears the hair straight up and under spotlights then you will see a very different picture than when they are walking down the street in natural light. So, keep that in mind and if a hair transplant was to make no skin visible under those conditions then you would exhaust the donor pretty quickly to be honest and have to place at a high density that would be hard also to achieve. 

 

Dr.B will be happy to see you and from the photos you have posted under normal light it seems a very nice outcome for the amount of grafts placed and of course your advisor will liaise for you to have a consultation and can also look at densities. But as said if we judge a hair transplant on the above style and lighting conditions then you would not have a case with no skin showing and especially when the hair is not going at any angle to provide coverage but more upright at the part that you can see skin, so the density and coarseness of the hair  is giving the coverage and not the laying effect of the hair where there are spaces..

 

In other posts under less harsh circumstances that are more the norm, and even with the hair going up it does seem a very nice result, especially as then your hair with length has a natural curl that will give volume at the top. Keep in touch with your advisor and they can update you for a review at 12 months etc, but realistically I think this is a nice outcome at this stage and a final review is 12 months onwards. Your hair will take more time to relax as it cycles also and this takes more than 12 months usually.

 

Take care. 


I represent Dr. Bisanga.

 

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi sl 

I’m not sure if you’ve misinterpreted my posts On the thread, or whether your reply is for the hair disaster guy - but I Just want to make it clear that I am very happy with my results so far, and have been since around month 4. 
 

My latest post was Purely to help educate people looking to undergo HT procedures with the differences lighting can play in appearances from my own personal experience, (which by all accounts is classed as a decent result) something that I believe to be a common curiosity for a lot of people pondering a HT, and I felt it would be useful for the community to have an insight to, in particular after having received quite a few separate requests in private messages. 

I have stayed in touch with my advisor, all is good, and I’m looking forward to meeting with the team for my follow up in the next few months 😊 

Thanks 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BOW32 said:

Hi sl 

I’m not sure if you’ve misinterpreted my posts On the thread, or whether your reply is for the hair disaster guy - but I Just want to make it clear that I am very happy with my results so far, and have been since around month 4. 
 

My latest post was Purely to help educate people looking to undergo HT procedures with the differences lighting can play in appearances from my own personal experience, (which by all accounts is classed as a decent result) something that I believe to be a common curiosity for a lot of people pondering a HT, and I felt it would be useful for the community to have an insight to, in particular after having received quite a few separate requests in private messages. 

I have stayed in touch with my advisor, all is good, and I’m looking forward to meeting with the team for my follow up in the next few months 😊 

Thanks 

 

Man you are the man! I really am impressed at how you're able to take pictures and prove my point about the "illusion" of density. I think your hair looks amazing and I'm thoroughly impressed by Dr. Bisanga, he has hit a homerun with you and you are one of his star patients no doubt. 

  • Thanks 2

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi BOW32, I can see from your posts that you are happy, and thanks for posting as you have and this is why I said I see you understand the light issue in the first line, so it was not intended for you but for those who maybe wouldn't understand that aspect. It was more for those who think a test of a successful result is that criteria and to let you know I think you have an amazing result personally and dr.b also happy to see you to assess.

It takes courage to share a case and especially in different conditions as you have and thanks for sharing.

 

Edited by sl

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

 

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, sl said:

With respect, and as you are thankfully aware also, the test for a good outcome is not to have the hair going upwards and under harsh spot light, a HT is not planned to show no skin under those circumstances, you would need a hair-piece for that! It is about an illusion, placing at less than native density and giving a pleasing result. If anyone wears the hair straight up and under spotlights then you will see a very different picture than when they are walking down the street in natural light. So, keep that in mind and if a hair transplant was to make no skin visible under those conditions then you would exhaust the donor pretty quickly to be honest and have to place at a high density that would be hard also to achieve. 

 

Dr.B will be happy to see you and from the photos you have posted under normal light it seems a very nice outcome for the amount of grafts placed and of course your advisor will liaise for you to have a consultation and can also look at densities. But as said if we judge a hair transplant on the above style and lighting conditions then you would not have a case with no skin showing and especially when the hair is not going at any angle to provide coverage but more upright at the part that you can see skin, so the density and coarseness of the hair  is giving the coverage and not the laying effect of the hair where there are spaces..

 

In other posts under less harsh circumstances that are more the norm, and even with the hair going up it does seem a very nice result, especially as then your hair with length has a natural curl that will give volume at the top. Keep in touch with your advisor and they can update you for a review at 12 months etc, but realistically I think this is a nice outcome at this stage and a final review is 12 months onwards. Your hair will take more time to relax as it cycles also and this takes more than 12 months usually.

 

Take care. 

Ahm.. No? Hair transplant it's not just an illusion and he should not see his skin even in that harsh light! My hair is the same as him after the first HT and I want to definitelly thick that area.
 

 

See the difference in these 2 videos? :) It's not an 'illusion' it's just like these guys have their hair like this since they were born and didn't had a HT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Clark.Ethan said:

Ahm.. No? Hair transplant it's not just an illusion and he should not see his skin even in that harsh light!

See the difference in these 2 videos? :) It's not an 'illusion' it's just like these guys have their hair like this since they were born and didn't had a HT.

Sorry, what are you talking about?

1. A HT is always (!) an illusion as you have to create the look of 70 - 110 FU of natural density with max. of 50-60 FU after a HT (in the hairline)

2. These are clinic videos showing their best results (both videos) and ideal/clever lightning (especially Couto is perfect in that)

3. Even now you see a little skin in this videos; under different lightning it would be very similiar to the present case. The present case in this thread looks at least as good as the videos under the Right lighning.

If you do not think this thread shows a good result, you should not have had a transplant youself. You are doomed to unhappyness.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to agree with Gasthoerer.

Firstly, even guys with no hair loss can stand under direct spotlights and see scalp! Their native hair density and characteristics, styling etc all play a part and not all have a skin free look under harsh light even with no hair loss. I can shine a bright light into a person's donor and see skin so why shouldn't we on a recipient area, and hair coarseness also plays a part aside from density. 

 

As said in this forum in other threads also, a hair transplant is not placing at native density, that is why the user will wear their hair in the way in which is gives them the best result and also nobody walks about with a spotlight on their head. So, unless placing at native density then you are about giving an "illusion" and I didn't invent that saying,  it is throughout forums and this forum also. If you have an issue with that term than maybe start another thread to discuss it, even though it has been discussed here also, so we do not hijack a patient's result.

Here is an example of that very topic:-

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/52489-are-hair-transplants-an-“illusion”-of-density/

 

PS..I see skin here without harsh lights but this is a perfectly good result in the video.

As said, maybe start another thread if you wish to go into semantics on the word illusion.

skin wihtout harsh light.jpg


I represent Dr. Bisanga.

 

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It’s not an illusion.  One side of my head has thick hair. The other side is thin and has large bald spots. I’m looking for a good surgeon to fix the hair on the right side of my head.  Any suggestions?  Fyi, i emailed dr cuoto, but I haven’t got a response

Edited by hairdisaster21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Clark.Ethan said:

Ahm.. No? Hair transplant it's not just an illusion and he should not see his skin even in that harsh light! My hair is the same as him after the first HT and I want to definitelly thick that area.
 

 

See the difference in these 2 videos? :) It's not an 'illusion' it's just like these guys have their hair like this since they were born and didn't had a HT.

You can 100% see from the first video the scalp would be visible if the light was better, this guy is pretty much in shadow. As other people have said here lighting plays an important part, I’m not saying results should be showcased under spotlights, but dim lighting really gives a false impression of density 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hairdisaster21 said:

It’s not an illusion.  One side of my head has thick hair. The other side is thin and has large bald spots. I’m looking for a good surgeon to fix the hair on the right side of my head.  Any suggestions? 

Maybe it is not an illusion that one side of your results is worse than the other, but this has nothing to do with hair transplant in general our this particular case.

Open your own thread and I am sure this forum can guide you with alternatives to Couto (who seems to be a great choice, anyway). 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Aftermath said:

You can 100% see from the first video the scalp would be visible if the light was better, this guy is pretty much in shadow. As other people have said here lighting plays an important part, I’m not saying results should be showcased under spotlights, but dim lighting really gives a false impression of density 

Agree 10% I notice a lot of guys get caught up in the commercial hype, a lot of surgeons can look like rockstars on YouTube, but how do their every day non cherry picked results look.


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Guys, quick update of some morning 'bed head' shots taken at approx 9 months 3 weeks - room lighting, 

 

IMG-9535.jpg

IMG-9536.jpg

IMG-9537.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Insane 😱🤩

  • Like 1

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BOW32 said:

Hey Guys, quick update of some morning 'bed head' shots taken at approx 9 months 3 weeks - room lighting, 

 

IMG-9535.jpg

IMG-9536.jpg

IMG-9537.jpg

Has the quality of hair changed after HT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Insane 😱🤩

Thanks for the comment mate!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, duchaine said:

Has the quality of hair changed after HT?

Hi Mate, I’m not too sure what you mean by this question, sorry? 
 

If you mean my existing native hair . . Then no I can’t notice a difference in quality between before and after the procedure? 
 

The transplanted hair however, has matured month by month, and is also darker, so because of this, and it’s stronger characteristics, it has created an overall more healthy, youthful, and fuller appearance to my hair in general . . Perhaps creating an illusion of overall higher quality calibre of hair? 
 

Hope that helps! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×