Dr. Bloxham | 2,500 Graft "Slick" Result | 6 Months | Feller & Bloxham, NY

Hi Everyone, 

I wanted to share a good example of the way I like to showcase hair transplant results: HD video footage with "slick" wet hair. The reason I like this is because there is simply no way to fake it; it is a brutally honest representation of what can be achieved with modern hair transplant surgery. This type of presentation gives the prospective patient a very clear example of how they may look in 6-12 months, and allows them to make an informed decision as to whether or not they would be happy with a hair transplant. 

The patient in this video is male with classic androgenic alopecia (genetic male pattern hair loss) exhibiting a Norwood IV pattern. He takes no hair loss medications. We evaluated the patient and decided to recreate an age-appropriate hairline, perform a dense pack of the frontal scalp, and strategically work into his mid-scalp with 2,500 grafts using the FUT technique. The video shows his pre-operative appearance, the surgical plan, intra-op. and post-op. photos, a comb-through of his 6 month results, a comb-through of his incision line scar at 6 months, and a few "before and after" comparison shots. 

I am only going to share a few "teaser" images here, because I really encourage watching the video itself: 

1461524931_slicksnip1.thumb.PNG.693f2b9fc49ed5524c35fe46bd8975d8.PNG

938107101_slicksnip2.thumb.PNG.0fc765139cf58354257c6484c70c1060.PNG

633664126_slicksnip3.thumb.PNG.4aabcc54050051f03b5257b60c232320.PNG

Thank you for watching. I hope you enjoyed. 

Dr. Blake Bloxham 

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• Moderators

Welcome back to the forums, Blake. We were wondering what happened to you guys. Excellent results. I'm more impressed with the (lack of) scar line. I can't even see it. people who insist on FUE because they don't want a scar should look at this result.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

54 minutes ago, Dr Blake Bloxham said:

Hi Everyone, 

I wanted to share a good example of the way I like to showcase hair transplant results: HD video footage with "slick" wet hair. The reason I like this is because there is simply no way to fake it; it is a brutally honest representation of what can be achieved with modern hair transplant surgery. This type of presentation gives the prospective patient a very clear example of how they may look in 6-12 months, and allows them to make an informed decision as to whether or not they would be happy with a hair transplant. 

The patient in this video is male with classic androgenic alopecia (genetic male pattern hair loss) exhibiting a Norwood IV pattern. He takes no hair loss medications. We evaluated the patient and decided to recreate an age-appropriate hairline, perform a dense pack of the frontal scalp, and strategically work into his mid-scalp with 2,500 grafts using the FUT technique. The video shows his pre-operative appearance, the surgical plan, intra-op. and post-op. photos, a comb-through of his 6 month results, a comb-through of his incision line scar at 6 months, and a few "before and after" comparison shots. 

I am only going to share a few "teaser" images here, because I really encourage watching the video itself: 

Dr. Blake Bloxham 

Thanks for sharing. Is this considered 50% growth or is this patient an outlier that matured/sprouted soon before the average timeline?

• Administrators

Looks great Dr. Bloxham, there is no way anyone would ever know that was a transplant.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 hours ago, Dr Blake Bloxham said:

Hi Everyone, 

Dr. Blake Bloxham 

Why have you been absent from the forum? 

looks great for only 6 months, I guess one of the early growers ,what is more impressive in some ways is the scar ,or lack of a visible scar I should say .Never ceases to amaze me how just having a hairline changes the total look of someone. 

15 hours ago, BeHappy said:

Welcome back to the forums, Blake. We were wondering what happened to you guys. Excellent results. I'm more impressed with the (lack of) scar line. I can't even see it. people who insist on FUE because they don't want a scar should look at this result.

Thank you for the kind words. 

I absolutely think this patient was best suited by the FUT approach, and pleased that he healed with a very good incision line in the back. As you noted, he did not alter his hair style on the sides post FUT and could actually go shorter if he wanted to. Our typical scar is anything between a "razor blade" line if you are a perfect healer to a little bit of a "marker" line (1-2mm) if you are naturally somewhat of a "stretcher," and anything within this realm is very good and can be easily concealed even with shorter, cropped hair (usually a #3 on the buzzer). When possible, I try to include scar comb-throughs for all FUT patients, just to let potentially patients know what to expect. 

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

15 hours ago, jj51702 said:

Thanks for sharing. Is this considered 50% growth or is this patient an outlier that matured/sprouted soon before the average timeline?

Hi JJ, 

My pleasure. 

I think he's above average -- or a "fast grower/maturer" -- for 6 months. I am always a little bit hesitant to put early grower cases up because I think it makes people who are on track or maybe even a little bit behind worried, so I will again share that "PSA" that just because you are not at this guy's level at 6 months does not mean you won't catch up and be just as dense by the time things fully mature. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Looks great Dr. Bloxham, there is no way anyone would ever know that was a transplant.

Thanks, Melvin! 

11 hours ago, Kiwi Guy said:

This is a great result for this patient, awesome work Dr Bloxham, I hope you guys post more results in the future it's good to see you back.

Hi Kiwi, 

Thank you. I definitely have a bit of a "back log" of results to share, so I am glad the community wants to see them because there will absolutely be more coming. A lot of educational content too -- which I think is very helpful to share. 

6 hours ago, Mick50 said:

looks great for only 6 months, I guess one of the early growers ,what is more impressive in some ways is the scar ,or lack of a visible scar I should say .Never ceases to amaze me how just having a hairline changes the total look of someone. 

Hi Mick, 

Thank you. I completely agree with the hairline comment. It is all about re-framing the face and recreating those natural proportions. It makes a world of difference. 

2 hours ago, BjornBorg said:

Welcome back!

This guy will be happy with his final result, looks great.

Me personally I will never wear gel after my hair transplant though. I'll try to help the appearance of density as much as possible.

Hi Bjorn, 

Thank you. 

The wet, gel look is absolutely more "harsh" and detracts from the overall fullness and layering effect -- which is typically very helpful for density from a transplant. It is interesting, however, how many guys do come in and tell me they want the slicked back, gelled look. It's a tough one to pull off with a transplant because it is very unforgiving, but I take great satisfaction when a patient comes back and they are successfully sporting this look. 

11 hours ago, Dr Blake Bloxham said:

Hi Kiwi, 

Thank you. I definitely have a bit of a "back log" of results to share, so I am glad the community wants to see them because there will absolutely be more coming. A lot of educational content too -- which I think is very helpful to share. 

Good for you Dr Bloxham, can't wait to see them. Your clinic is on my short list of the ones I'm interested in coming to for my HT so I'll be following these threads closely.

Excellent results especially being just at his halfway point. Hairline looks very natural and age-appropriate, density looks very good, he is definitely a fast grower/maturer, and your surgical talent shows in the clean healing appearance of his linear scar. Congrats Doc!

Hope you can update this post at his 12th month visit, should he retire for a follow-up.