Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

A 70 years old lady with high forehead approached for hair line redefinition. We did a thorough evaluation and ruled out any dermatological condition like FFA (frontal fibrosing alopecia) or AA      (alopecia areata).  We did close to 2360 grafts on the front and temporal area in female pattern hairline. The hair started off in 2 months and by 6-7 months she developed amazing hair!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwUymZdm3Fg 

 

Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

Slide3.JPG

Slide4.JPG

Slide5.JPG

Slide6.JPG

Slide7.JPG

Slide8.JPG

Edited by Dr. Sethi & Dr. Bansal
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She must be thrilled.  I do have a question.  70 is still young.  But suppose you get a, 85 YO wanting transplants.  And say this individual has been saving his entire life to do this.  Do you move forward to grant him his wish?  Do you turn him away understanding he doesn't have much time left?

Regardless of what his donor looks like...are you better off suggesting he takes a cruise with his grand-kids and enjoy the time he has left?  

In the 30+ years I've been involved in this industry I've had my share of patients dealing with this specific scenario.  It happens.  Are you morally obligated to the right thing?  What is the right thing?

In my case I turned ALL of them away and suggested something else other than a hair transplant. Was that the right thing to do?  (Forget revenue for the office - which also comes into play).  

We are in an industry where I feel patients are very vulnerable.  It is our responsibility to educate them and let them make their own decisions.  But at 85 or older?  What do you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, LaserCap said:

She must be thrilled.  I do have a question.  70 is still young.  But suppose you get a, 85 YO wanting transplants.  And say this individual has been saving his entire life to do this.  Do you move forward to grant him his wish?  Do you turn him away understanding he doesn't have much time left?

Regardless of what his donor looks like...are you better off suggesting he takes a cruise with his grand-kids and enjoy the time he has left?  

In the 30+ years I've been involved in this industry I've had my share of patients dealing with this specific scenario.  It happens.  Are you morally obligated to the right thing?  What is the right thing?

In my case I turned ALL of them away and suggested something else other than a hair transplant. Was that the right thing to do?  (Forget revenue for the office - which also comes into play).  

We are in an industry where I feel patients are very vulnerable.  It is our responsibility to educate them and let them make their own decisions.  But at 85 or older?  What do you think?

Thank you for appreciating the job!

 

Coming back to the question of age: 

We all know that baldness is a cosmetic problem not a true disease. Earlier there was no solution to this baldness, now people have affordable and safe option of getting a hair job done. Few months back one 80 years old active lady was brought to our office by her daughter in law. The older lady was eager to fix her hairline! We did that with 1500 grafts. She is bubbling with joy. Now she wants her 83 years old hubby to get a new hair line and match her!

So, the point is if all the things are safe and affordable and does not need any maintenance then if some one has a desire to have hair on his/her head then they should go ahead. 

 

(This is my point of view.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks great. Big cosmetic improvement.

 

what would cause you to look for alopecia areata?

 

if a patient has a history of one outbreak of alopecia areata, one spot 2cm in diameter, dormant for two years, are they a candidate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PlzRespond said:

This looks great. Big cosmetic improvement.

 

what would cause you to look for alopecia areata?

 

if a patient has a history of one outbreak of alopecia areata, one spot 2cm in diameter, dormant for two years, are they a candidate?

Thank you for the appreciation.

Usually, females do not have a big forehead. And when there is a history of gradual receding of the forehead then it is always better to rule out the other causes of slow receding foreheads in females; Frontal Fibrosing Alopecia and Alopecia Areata.

 

If the spot is dormant for more than 4-5 years then that spot becomes eligible for HT.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The genuine smile on the patient's face after the results speak volumes about your work. Wonderful job Dr. Sethi and Dr. Bansal.  

Please consider showing the pictures of donor region in future posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2019 at 12:12 PM, tressful11 said:

The genuine smile on the patient's face after the results speak volumes about your work. Wonderful job Dr. Sethi and Dr. Bansal.  

Please consider showing the pictures of donor region in future posts.

Please find the donor area pic. We use window trimming, where in the hair is lifted and a small strip is trimmed, so that the long hair above would cover the trimmed area. We have taken 3 strips of trimming in the current case. 

1C4F13B4-FBE9-469F-A2F9-E27181B9BCF6.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! This is incredible - and embracing the gray is also a major upgrade. Well done, as I'm sure she's thrilled. 


I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

 

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14

2,001 grafts

Ones: 607

Twos: 925

Threes: 413

Fours: 56

1.25 mg Finasteride daily since July 2014

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×