African American FUE?

Been doing a lot of research into FUE surgeons, and Dr. Diep seems to be one of the only ones that has delivered extremely impressive results on black curly hair. I've seen results from other clinics on black hair, but none of them have given me that "wow" factor that Diep has delivered on several patients.

Besides this, I'm not completely sold on Diep. His punch size , year plus waitlist, and reports that would question his ethics (bait and switching customers, donor depletion, not fixing bad results), and increasing prices have put me off a bit. In fact, if I was white or asian, he wouldn't even be on my list at all. 

None of the top/elite FUE surgeons talked about on this site have results for black curly hair on their websites, besides Diep obviously.

Are there any users out there that have black curly hair that can share success stories at other clinics? 

I'll also mention that I'm not interested at all in FUT.

Edited by curlyq52

• Administrators

Several other surgeons perform hair transplants on black curly hair, Dr. Umar, Dr. Cooley to name a few. That said, I don't know what you've heard about Dr. Diep, but I can personally attest to his skill, I owe my result to him. If it wasn't for him who know's how my hair would like today. But there are several other surgeons out there to perform surgery.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Any surgeon who has the proven track record for this type of hair is worth traveling to.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY