Hello

in a bit of mental crisis - had a HT in Jan with Dr Harris - been told he has a top  rep (based in Notts) and all well so far with that.

I was taking finasteride and minoxidil before but it was suggested i cease taking minoxidil (a bit of background i have been on minixidil since 16/17 and all it has never really helped, i didn't think so anyway). I am now two months in and starting to think that maybe i have lost a lot and have since read on forums that stopping taking minoxidil means i will lose everything i had prevented and of course the mind starts working in overdrive thinking it may have been helping more than i thought.

My question is what would you do in my position - i did also have a HT when i was 21 (8 years ago) at the very front but my hair since receeded back, my HT of Jan this year (c1k grafts) was to fill in at the front and work back with another one booked in for next year to finish off. I had a pretty extra scar from the first one which limited how many grafts could be taken in first procedure.

I have contacted the aftercare but i haven't heard back yet and not sure whether to dive in and get back on Minixidil but my quesiton is:

even if i do get back on mioxidil and i have lost a lot from shock loss or shedding as a result of stopping minoxidil, will i be able to grow it back by starting with minoxidil again?

All thoughts welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks

• Administrators

Minoxidil works, I don’t know why so many think that it doesn’t work when it’s proven to work. Yes get back on the minoxidil, I don’t see why you’d even stop unless you were experiencing negative side effects. 

Will you grow back what you lost? Probably not, but it’s more about damage control at this point.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Minoxidil works, I don’t know why so many think that it doesn’t work when it’s proven to work. Yes get back on the minoxidil, I don’t see why you’d even stop unless you were experiencing negative side effects. 

Will you grow back what you lost? Probably not, but it’s more about damage control at this point.

So you don't think I'll regrow any that may have been lost over the past two months you mean? 

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Cooldasice said:

So you don't think I'll regrow any that may have been lost over the past two months you mean? 

Maybe some, but you’ve probably lost some hair permanently. Sucks to say, but this is why you don’t stop treatment.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.