Hairtransplant Gone Wrong "Saving Money"

Beware of choosing the cheapest priced hair transplant....would you choose the cheapest heart surgeon?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-6830281/When-hair-transplants-WRONG.html?fbclid=IwAR3yj0RFIROfFss_DOGc1sexNLGIcEOBSKV6xxLsk5osKNjqQ-moUWkxZOk

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

• Administrators

I saw that, I actually made a video about this about a month ago. Do your research people!

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Dirty, nationalistic hitjob article trying to lump the bad ones in Turkey together with the elite of the same country. As if it's the nation of Turkey that performs the transplant.

Show me the British equivalents of the elite in Turkey such as Erdogan, Keser and Demirsoy. I haven't seen anything in Britain that delivers consistency in a way these guys do. I'm open to be proven wrong, though.

As always, doing your research is key. It matters little where a great surgeon is based.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Agree completely with the principle but anything the Daily Mail has to report in is mostly inaccurate

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

3 hours ago, BjornBorg said:

Dirty, nationalistic hitjob article trying to lump the bad ones in Turkey together with the elite of the same country. As if it's the nation of Turkey that performs the transplant.

Show me the British equivalents of the elite in Turkey such as Erdogan, Keser and Demirsoy. I haven't seen anything in Britain that delivers consistency in a way these guys do. I'm open to be proven wrong, though.

As always, doing your research is key. It matters little where a great surgeon is based.

There's only 3 surgeons I'd consider in the UK...Farjo, Reddy and Ball. I've recently come across an absolutely shocking account and result by a patient who had his procedure at a UK clinic and shows that there are plenty of very dodgy clinic even in the UK. 

The sentiment of always doing proper research and not putting price as the only consideration is worthwhile but all the photos of butchery in this article look to me like they're from the US or UK. Most of the butchery I see is from the US and UK even in the present day.

Not to say that there isn't a lot of terrible work and butchered donors in Turkey, India etc, but the bigger danger imo is to pretend that white people and government regulation is somehow equatable to a guaranteed good result or even that you're in safe hands. The article mentions registered surgeons, you can be a registered surgeon and never have performed hair transplant surgery in your life. The only surgeons doing consistently high quality work in the UK imo are Reddy and Ball, however both are largely focused on smaller cases and far more conservative approaches than what is possible elsewhere. 

I'd pick a bottom budget clinic like Acar or Cinik's in Turkey over 99% of UK clinics.

Wow. I was not expecting the results and photos to be that graphic and horrific. My heart goes out to the men who this happened to. 

Grateful for this forum and for the community and accountability it provides. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

On 3/26/2019 at 5:56 PM, pkipling said:

Wow. I was not expecting the results and photos to be that graphic and horrific. My heart goes out to the men who this happened to. 

It's a freaking disaster!

But hey....the dudes probably "saved" a bunch of money!    B|

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

• Moderators

Drs doing this sort of work should have their licenses taken away and never be allowed to perform any type of surgery.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.