2700 grafts FUE- one week post operation

xadiohead

I had my surgery one week ago for 2700 grafts via FUE. For right now just want to make sure my one week looks normal.  Thoughts?  

I will update this thread at least monthly with pictures and also will include the before pictures soon.    I'm also not disclosing the name of the doctor for now as many people have bias (whether positive or negative) towards doctors and I don't want that to affect responses.  Thanks 

1 week 3.jpg

1 week 2.jpg

1 week 1.jpg

• Like 1

Looks normal, not much redness and  donor looks good, good luck!

Who was your surgeon?

Age?

Nevermind the first question, just noticed further you’re not disclosing Doctor yet. 👍🏻

Edited by CosmoKramer

Looks like clean work. Donor area especially looks to have healed up fast. Probably want to look to remove the remaining scabs in the next few days. Looking at the work, think 90% sure on who carried out the procedure.

Edited by Fozzie

The work and also the donor area afterwards carries ASMED hallmarks. One thing I have continually noticed about them is the donor area looks very clean afterwards, even in pictures patients take themselves. Hope things go well and you get the result you are after.

I wouldn’t have guessed ASMED even being an ASMED patient myself , given the mid end range of grafts used compared to their 3k+ and temple triangles but work and donor do look good and hopefully 🤞🏻 your results in 12-months is good! Happy growing!

I agree with Fozzie, nows about time those scabs need to start coming off.

2 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

I wouldn’t have guessed ASMED even being an ASMED patient myself , given the mid end range of grafts used compared to their 3k+ and temple triangles but work and donor do look good and hopefully 🤞🏻 your results in 12-months is good! Happy growing!

I agree with Fozzie, nows about time those scabs need to start coming off.

Can you clarify what you mean by "given the mid end range of grafts used compared to their 3k+"?  Not sure if that is a good or bad thing you mention.   I only paid for 2,500 grafts (which was what he recommended) but in the middle of surgery Erdogan increased it to 2700 for no additional cost.  Not sure if he normally does this type of thing or if I was special.

During the consultation he didn't  ask me if I wanted additional temple work but I think this is because I told him I did not want the sides very low as I need to save as many grafts at possible for the future based on my terrible family MPB history.   I also showed him a couple pictures of some hair lines I thought would make sense for me and they didn't have much temple hair.   I would definitely prefer more temple hair but again just couldn't justify for my scenario.

Edited by xadiohead

Also, do I need to be doing anything special to get the scabs off?  I thought they were supposed to fall off naturally or through the very light daily washing ASMED has you do.        Technically I am only 6 days post op (it was last Thursday) and not a full week.   I was thinking they come off between 8-11 days.

2 minutes ago, xadiohead said:

Also, do I need to be doing anything special to get the scabs off?  I thought they were supposed to fall off naturally or through the very light daily washing ASMED has you do.        Technically I am only 6 days post op (it was last Thursday) and not a full week.   I was thinking they come off between 8-11 days.

General consensus seems to be that ideally you should be scab free in and around the 10 days post surgery. Just follow the clinics advise and in all likelihood,  the scabs will gradually be gone in another week or so which is fine.

46 minutes ago, xadiohead said:

Can you clarify what you mean by "given the mid end range of grafts used compared to their 3k+"?  Not sure if that is a good or bad thing you mention.   I only paid for 2,500 grafts (which was what he recommended) but in the middle of surgery Erdogan increased it to 2700 for no additional cost.  Not sure if he normally does this type of thing or if I was special.

During the consultation he didn't  ask me if I wanted additional temple work but I think this is because I told him I did not want the sides very low as I need to save as many grafts at possible for the future based on my terrible family MPB history.   I also showed him a couple pictures of some hair lines I thought would make sense for me and they didn't have much temple hair.   I would definitely prefer more temple hair but again just couldn't justify for my scenario.

Oh I’m just saying if it was 3k grafts and added temple triangles since the Dr has been adding that a lot lately so I may have guessed ASMED...I’m definitely not inferring anything negative and you did what’s best or you so that’s all good. 👍🏻

Yes, he’s know to add extra grafts at no charge if more than quoted had been extracted and that’s very nice of him, I believe I got 43 extra no charge.

Yeah, saving grafts for future loss is a good decision.

14 minutes ago, xadiohead said:

Just follow the clinics protocol you were given, mine completely fell off around day 9 or 10 with just using their lotion and shampoo and leaving on for 5-10 minutes to soak and soften the scabs for them to come off on their own which they did.

7 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Yes, he’s know to add extra grafts at no charge if more than quoted had been extracted and that’s very nice of him, I believe I got 43 extra no charge.

Gotcha...Well my total was 2723 to be exact so I really got 223 for free.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I think I made a really bad mistake this morning.  I am 34 days out of my transplant and after getting out of the shower I was very gently brushing my hair back with a somewhat soft tip brush for just a minute or two to spike it up a little.  Also figured it would help massage the recipient area a little.     Then i started bleeding in a couple spots where new grafts are.  Needless to say I'm really paranoid i did some damage.   I know grafts are generally secure 10 days out but why would I bleed this easily and in multiple spots?   I attached a picture of the brush, there aren't any missing bristles (sharp points).   Definitively won't be doing that again but any thoughts?    I've been extremely cautious since the hair transplant but this does not seeb1.thumb.jpg.b37e904e09416313200c51b5a560adca.jpgm good.

b2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn’t look too bad, I don’t think you should worry at this point the grafts are already imbedded. I’ve had pimples pop up in the recipient area around the same time frame and popped them an did bleed a little but healed ok.

Think it would be near enough impossible to damage/dislodge a graft at 34 days unless it was though surgical intervention. As CosmoKramer mentioned, most likely down to pimples or just you've agitated an area of skin that was still healing. Personally wouldn't overly worry about it at the stage you are at.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at the exact 2 month mark of ASMED.   The redness has gone down slightly over the past couple weeks when it was really bad.  It is still very obvious as I have super pale skin. 

Regimen:

minoxidil foam once per day

Finasteride

Dutasteride (every other day)

7500 biotin

MSM

Saw Palmetto

I also just started using the iRestore hair laser three times per week.  (I'm sure this is a scam but o'well).  

I think the hairline is a bit more aggressive than I wanted but it's hard to select your hairline in the 15 minutes during your exam with Dr Erdogan.   I just hope it all grows in!

I'm pretty insecure when it comes to taking these ugly duckling pics....

IMG-7698.JPG

IMG-7699.JPG

IMG-7700.JPG

Edited by xadiohead

Hey,

looks good so far.

The pics are low quality so I can't tell if there is any new growth. was the recipient area totaly bald? if you don't have new growth it's completely normal for this stage.

I can tell you from my experience that every time I see redness in certain area 2-3 days later i can see a new hair popping out, so keep that in mind.

my recipient area was completely bald so I don't have to question whether it is native or HT hair.

I don't think your hairline is aggressive at all, it's completely natural. but I am biased, I like aggressive hairline and that is what I asked for.

keep updating 

4329 grafts - ASMED - Dr. Koray - 12-13.3.19
HT thread: 

• Administrators

Thanks for keeping us updated with your progress. You have one of the best looking donors I have ever seen after surgery. The pale skin makes the redness more apparent, but the pale skin also camouflages the donor scars as well. Excited to see your progress 😬

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 5/16/2019 at 8:47 AM, TempleRunner said:

Hey,

looks good so far.

The pics are low quality so I can't tell if there is any new growth. was the recipient area totally bald? if you don't have new growth it's completely normal for this stage.

The recipient was mostly bald, I have a "U" receding hairline.   I will try to take some better pictures at the three month mark.   Here are a couple of my pictures before the transplant.  

pre 1.jpg

pre 2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/15/2019 at 5:05 AM, xadiohead said:

I'm at the exact 2 month mark of ASMED.   The redness has gone down slightly over the past couple weeks when it was really bad.  It is still very obvious as I have super pale skin. 

Regimen:

minoxidil foam once per day

Finasteride

Dutasteride (every other day)

7500 biotin

MSM

Saw Palmetto

I also just started using the iRestore hair laser three times per week.  (I'm sure this is a scam but o'well).  

I think the hairline is a bit more aggressive than I wanted but it's hard to select your hairline in the 15 minutes during your exam with Dr Erdogan.   I just hope it all grows in!

I'm pretty insecure when it comes to taking these ugly duckling pics....

IMG-7698.JPG

IMG-7699.JPG

IMG-7700.JPG

Question, why are you on Dutastride when you’re already on finestride?