Percent of hairloss

• Administrators

Most people don’t notice their hair loss until 50% has been lost. Some may catch it earlier. Especially if they go to a hair transplant surgeon that performs a microscopic evaluation.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

23 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Most people don’t notice their hair loss until 50% has been lost. Some may catch it earlier. Especially if they go to a hair transplant surgeon that performs a microscopic evaluation.

When you first noticed yours do you think 50 percent was already lost?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Phillyman1996 said:

When you first noticed yours do you think 50 percent was already lost?

Probably a little more than 50% I was in denial.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

What I didn't realize about baldness before I understood it was happening to me was the extent of thinning that will occur even before a bald spot will open up.  Back then I figured hair loss was local to that area and the surrounding hair was strong and dense.  I can see it much more readily now when someone younger has coverage but is starting to lose their hair.