FUE: Rahal vs Erdogan vs Dogonay vs Konior?

newhlt

as i am sort of new to hair loss scene i have only been researching for a month or so. i am curious to what others think of the listed potential surgeons/clinics i have so far. 

i like to wear my hair short so i will undoubtedly go with fue, and the work i've seen from these guys has stood above in certain aspects. most importantly, i want to reinforce my current hairline (reasonably aggressively) and build back from there

From what I've seen Konior is the leader in hair restoration. The recent results he has posted of his FUE work looks so clean and meticulously done that you cannot argue against it. The only two negatives with him are the long waiting list, it's something like a year + at the moment and also the cost, he charges a lot. Rahal seems to be really good with hairlines and FUT especially but I have seen mixed results with his FUE's recently.  Erdogan has some good results but also the most mixed results of the ones you've listed that I know of though he has the most results also posted on this site so that means there is a larger sample size as well. Dogonay I can't speak on as I haven't paid much attention to him. Good luck with your search mate, I've been doing mine for 6 months and it's still ongoing, it's such a big decision.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kiwi Guy said:

From what I've seen Konior is the leader in hair restoration. The recent results he has posted of his FUE work looks so clean and meticulously done that you cannot argue against it. The only two negatives with him are the long waiting list, it's something like a year + at the moment and also the cost, he charges a lot. Rahal seems to be really good with hairlines and FUT especially but I have seen mixed results with his FUE's recently.  Erdogan has some good results but also the most mixed results of the ones you've listed that I know of though he has the most results also posted on this site so that means there is a larger sample size as well. Dogonay I can't speak on as I haven't paid much attention to him. Good luck with your search mate, I've been doing mine for 6 months and it's still ongoing, it's such a big decision.

I'm pretty new here myself, but I've definitely seen a number of opinions corroborating this one.

Also thinking about going the Rahal/Erdogan route for FUE

8 minutes ago, Kvn said:

I'm pretty new here myself, but I've definitely seen a number of opinions corroborating this one.

Also thinking about going the Rahal/Erdogan route for FUE

Cost wise Erdogan seems to be the best bang for your buck but it also sounds like he runs his clinic like a factory, 5+ hair transplants a day and if you have a good look at his results posted from patients on here, it's a mixed bag and thus he has his supporters and his naysayers. The proof is in the pudding, the common argument for proponents of his is that all surgeons have their average to poor results, yet I find it hard to spot any bad results posted by patients or the clinics of surgeons like Konior and Hasson and Wong etc. You tend to get what you pay for in this industry, much like many others. Do your research thoroughly like I am and when one seems to fit your criteria go for it I say... I'm close to making my decision, the info is out there, don't let those with vested interests in particular clinics or those with axes to grind because of a poor result or unrealistic expectations sway you from what is right in front of you often times.

Edited by Kiwi Guy

6 hours ago, BjornBorg said:

Speaking of long waiting lists. Anyone know how old Dr Konior is? Says he has 30 years in the business.

I think he’s into his mid 60s at this point.

I’m having my first procedure done with him in a few weeks (most likely FUT), not sure what I’m gonna do down the line once he retires! His protege Nadimi is doing similar looking work so far, here’s hoping she can carry the torch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RecessionProof said:

I think he’s into his mid 60s at this point.

I’m having my first procedure done with him in a few weeks (most likely FUT), not sure what I’m gonna do down the line once he retires! His protege Nadimi is doing similar looking work so far, here’s hoping she can carry the torch. 

Mate good luck on your procedure, keep us posted, I'm interested in going to him as well.

19 hours ago, Kiwi Guy said:

Mate good luck on your procedure, keep us posted, I'm interested in going to him as well.

Thanks, I’m planning on documenting my procedure pretty extensively in the tradition of all the great Konior threads in the past

Edited by RecessionProof

9 minutes ago, RecessionProof said:

Thanks, I’m planning on documenting my procedure pretty extensively in the tradition of all the great Konior threads in the past

Awesome mate... I hope it goes great for you! The one thing that worries me about Konior is his age, like anything wouldn't someone become less skilled and tire out quicker as they get older? Maybe I'm wrong

33 minutes ago, Kiwi Guy said:

Awesome mate... I hope it goes great for you! The one thing that worries me about Konior is his age, like anything wouldn't someone become less skilled and tire out quicker as they get older? Maybe I'm wrong

I’m not too worried, there have been lots of recent accounts of him performing marathon sessions going into the evening. 

In my case I’m just getting 2000ish grafts, so it’s probably less of a concern to me than most 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RecessionProof said:

I’m not too worried, there have been lots of recent accounts of him performing marathon sessions going into the evening. 

In my case I’m just getting 2000ish grafts, so it’s probably less of a concern to me than most 

Is he still doing all the extractions, incisions an placements by himself or is he using techs now? If he is doing all that by himself in his mid 60s he's a beast!