Does PRP Stop Hair Loss

22 minutes ago, Panamera13 said:

I have tried everything - Laser Cap/Hair Vitamin/Scalp Elixir/Fin and now onto Lipogaine.

I really want to give PRP a try now but the problem is it's minumum 2400.00 dollars for 3 treatments. With Acell the price goes upto 5000.00.

Very confused as to do it or not? Are there any cheaper places where we can do it, the procedure it straightforward, not sure why it's 800 per visit. I have called multiple places in Houston. 

How often are these places recommending that you have a treatment? 5K over three years isn't all that crazy, but 5K over a few months is a more significant expense.

The procedure is simple compared to a transplant, but technique definitely matters. The same mindset of "don't cheap out unless you want cheap results" is still applicable.

Edited by Mycroft

3 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

How often are these places recommending that you have a treatment? 5K over three years isn't all that crazy, but 5K over a few months is a more significant expense.

The procedure is simple compared to a transplant but technique definitely matters, so to an extent the same mindset of "don't cheap out unless you want cheap results" applies.

In general it is 800-1100 per treatment and you need 3 in one year. If you book/pay for all three together it's 2400-3000.

Mcgrath (houston/austin) offers ACELL+ PRP for 5000/5500 that's only once per year.

Another doc (recommended on this forum) charges 3200 for one year without ACELL but they use "more" blood per treatment.

Anyway, seems expensive for a relatively simple procedure. The cost of PRP machine is less than 1000 LOL and it's applied by a non-doc/non-nurse. :)

12 minutes ago, Panamera13 said:

In general it is 800-1100 per treatment and you need 3 in one year. If you book/pay for all three together it's 2400-3000.

Mcgrath (houston/austin) offers ACELL+ PRP for 5000/5500 that's only once per year.

Another doc (recommended on this forum) charges 3200 for one year without ACELL but they use "more" blood per treatment.

Anyway, seems expensive for a relatively simple procedure. The cost of PRP machine is less than 1000 LOL and it's applied by a non-doc/non-nurse. :)

If you're in Houston, call Dr. Arocha for a consultation. I responded to your private message as well, but just to reiterate I would strongly recommend at least consulting with him since I can actually vouch for his PRP technique and his main office is right in your backyard.