2200 fue Dr Reddy 16/3/19 how’s it look ?

Deanomag

Hi all, 

so after research and many years on here I finally got my hair transplant!

i had fue 2200 grafts with a graft ratio around 3.

will be updating as much as possible so please feel free to comment.

i picked Dr Reddy based on his quality of work and his very respected reputation. The forum has been a massive help and made my selection of doctors far easier.

i went to Dr Reddys clinic in Selston as after my initial consultation, found it to be cheaper and they could fit me in a lot sooner.

On the first day I arrived a bit anxious,I was soon calmed down by Dr reddy and his team whom are all very welcoming ,friendly and funny yet still very professional.

After the initial shave and planned hair line etc the procedure starts. There is a bit of pain with the anaesthetic but once numbed the majority of the procedure is painless. The worst part for me is keeping still ! I’m definitely a fidgeter. I think day 1 we did around half the planned grafts all of which was from the back of my head. The limited time the grafts are out and back in makes a lot of sense and hopefully will yield the most optimal results. The dr told me I had healthy chunky grafts so fingers crossed for a great result ! Lunch was provided on both days and the team really can’t do enough for you.

Day two was much of the same only using the sides this time for the graft extraction.

will post pictures later today.

Edited by Deanomag
Title change

Day 1 Home 

saline and normal meds swelling still there only bonus Is my forehead wrinkles show less lol. Slight temperature raise at night but always wake up feeling fine. Using v pillow defo helps for neck support.

F81C72D9-4024-493F-BF58-699E7B6B0723.jpeg

5F6F01FD-7E94-4023-8A6A-065BA7FCA210.jpeg

0101012B-8081-40C5-BDAE-676898E9D4CC.png

Edited by Deanomag

Day 2 Home 

saline spray every 30 mins still on antibiotics and swelling tabs.. swelling still there eases off with massage and meds thou. Head starting to twitch and itch a little I’m sure it’s part of the healing process... how does it look to you guys ? 

2A032E86-F080-4B44-B1D2-329066A09121.jpeg

FAFB94A1-C825-42E2-9E67-B5E523389263.jpeg

2BD67FE8-6577-4B74-BFDD-6E6F822EDA1D.jpeg

C928DE7D-821D-4C67-BDCC-81CDF555DF90.jpeg

Edited by Deanomag

Work looks good and clean. Think you are in good hands with Dr Reddy, his work always impresses me and think he is one of probably only three surgeon's in the UK I'd consider. Sensible hairline and with your level of hair loss, Dr Reddy was a sensible choice imo. Good luck.

• Thanks 1

Day 6 lots of scabs and crust.

hows it look to you guys ?

Been very gently applying the baby shampoo twice a day, maybe I’m being to gentle still seems like lots of scabs ??

Although a couple came out in shower with hairs in. Made me panic at first but don’t think the folicle was attached. 

477A5E10-9547-440A-A3F6-E4D6B5C6B7A1.jpeg

10 days post op 

majority of scabs came off in shower yesterday, had to gently rub them off as there was a lot. Took me about 45 mins to get them off ! They was mainly dead skin hanging on, only one or two had hairs in.My post op instructions did say massage area with pulp or fingers, from day 4. I think I was being far to gentle, I was hardly touching the hair as was slightly worried about affecting the grafts, hence why I think I had some many scabs left. The scabs that came off was like little tiny white dots.

just ordered some Aloe Vera gel, is it ok to apply to sooth recipient area ??

Dr Reddys tec Omar has been a great help, any questions I’ve had, he has been straight back to me, more than happy to help. 

5E03E110-96CE-4352-B82D-853640AC40CF.jpeg

8CD5BB43-5502-42EA-8998-D4CF76B7DB3C.jpeg

Just over two weeks post op. 

Most of the redness has gone down, feeling like it’s going to be a good result :)

first day back in the gym today too, so feeling good. Was nice to get back to it, only did about 70% intensity, will work my way back to max gradually. 

How’s it all looking to you guys?

How long after did you guys start sleeping back on grafts in normal position ?

D9119FB3-5755-4802-B434-A21930C0CE2E.jpeg

Thanks GrowingHair, I kinda figured If after  2 weeks it’s safe to wear hats etc as per drs instructions ... then it’s safe to sleep on them. I stopped using the v pillow literally last night, so day 15. But I am still trying to lay on edge of pillow slightly, just being bit cautious.

3 half weeks- wet hair after first haircut, just the sides clippered.. 

hows it look ? Feel like I’ve started to lose a few hairs ... more on one side than the other thou ? Is it normal to lose in patches ??

B497D4F6-672F-4BE2-8A82-8E13D3BEE720.jpeg

Edited by Deanomag

4 weeks post op - 

lots of shedding, more so on one side than the other. Think it’s normal !? Guess it’s all part of the process. But not looking forward to staying in the ugly duckling stage. 

BE8132DD-4332-44CA-99DC-8B900F98403D.jpeg

• 1 month later...

8.5 weeks had another hair cut, just to tidy up the sides and try to make the top look a little fuller!. Hair stopped shedding about 2 weeks ago and have a few baby hairs coming through.. still looks very thin but confident of a good result. Guess I’ve jut got to be patient, fed up of wearing a cap now thou ha ha.

C1CB36AA-CB09-4914-BB9C-1F4F72141D69.jpeg

• 1 month later...

4 months post op, getting there slowly this is good day lighting will post some with wet hair soon.. how’s it looking ??

one side is growing through quicker than the other but I’ve seen this on lots of other threads. 

Think at 4 months I’ll be approximately  at 20% regrowth ? I know ever case varies but give or take.

33A421A2-F811-479A-BFD6-8F302A8D0105.jpeg

28890DDF-285C-4009-B299-BB5D6CDFD941.jpeg

3F454B41-6D6E-4DD9-BBB8-0F933526B6B4.jpeg

Edited by Deanomag
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Deanomag,

Looks like a great result. I was close to booking with Dr Reddy at that clinic. The woman who runs it completely put me off though. Really rude and it seems from online reviews she is the weak link there.

Couple of questions. Is Dr Reddy still quoting on number of hairs rather than grafts?

How did you find the consultation with Dr Reddy? There were no measurements whatsoever when I had mine.

4.5 Months 

hairs starting to take shape now lots of fine hairs but still looking loads better. People keep commenting on how it’s improved. Lots more growing still to go but very happy so far. What’s your guys thoughts please ?

CF45BC1A-70A7-415A-B648-DFFD08F1468B.jpeg

9A981592-EAB0-4980-802F-3BBF7D47F387.jpeg

CE1806CF-E3D3-4729-A3C6-2838BFA31650.jpeg

D31B1B42-013B-402B-AD12-63EC7A873697.jpeg

3B005AFF-8A46-4691-ADA5-3933FF9CE515.jpeg

On 7/21/2019 at 6:30 PM, superdudeo said:

Hi Deanomag,

Looks like a great result. I was close to booking with Dr Reddy at that clinic. The woman who runs it completely put me off though. Really rude and it seems from online reviews she is the weak link there.

Couple of questions. Is Dr Reddy still quoting on number of hairs rather than grafts?

How did you find the consultation with Dr Reddy? There were no measurements whatsoever when I had mine.

I found the consultation to be everything it needed to be.. no measurements but a detailed explanation of what I can expect from surgery. I researched Dr Reddys work for a coupe of years so the fact that there was no measurements didn’t phase me in the slightest. You would be in good hands if you chose to go with Dr reddy and his team. 

Mags was fine with me and helped speed things up with the booking etc. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Deanomag,

Going on my experience with Dr Reddy near two years ago now, I would say there will be a huge improvement to come; I was a early grower and a lot of the hairs didn’t  shed I had less grafts than you over a slick bald Norwood 5 to 6 area and I saw a huge improvement on the overall look well after even the 12 months mark.

This is me a few days of my two year mark.

Best of luck and looks great so far...

F962E90B-4BEF-4826-AFE6-10D51C8CFDAC.png

• Thanks 1