Abnormal wait time for hair transplantation

I have paid 1000$ booking fee in a clinic in bay area. They say the wait time is 8 months. Unfortunately I have to cancel twice because some other unplanned high priority task cropped up and its hard to estimate what is going to be my priority after 7 to 8 months.. Now the clinics say I have to wait until 2020. I now have to pay half the price of hair transplant to book appointment. The date, I am going to get is again after 7 to 8 months, which I may miss. I am not happy with the clinic policy that despite Doctor booked everyday for next 7 to 8 months, clinic is not ready to return my advance.

What are the average wait time for Hair restoration network recommend doctors in california?

Edited by pradeepbr
Dont want to mention Doctor name

Yeah they have a very strict policy when booking the appointment .. no le way when things go wrong .. 

if u used ur debit or credit card , u can get back ur $1000 through them .. tell them services were not provided..

I got my $1000 back from my bank , when their clinic didn’t want to refund me or give me a shorter reappointment .. 

• Like 1

It is not abnormal for good reputable doctors to have an 8 month waiting list because they are in demand.

If you already cancelled twice on them, they may not take you seriously or someone having a change of mind at the last minute.  You also stated that you may miss it again so my advice would be to not schedule any appointment until you are sure about the date.

Edited by gillenator
  • Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY