Cristiano Ronaldo opening a new HT clinic.

CosmoKramer, that is really funny. 😁 

The sad part with it is that for every person who does his research and really understands the importance of choosing a qualified and exceptional Doctor who will change his image permanently, there are 17 others, to quote your example, who fail to recognize how messed up the emotional and physical consequences that decision could have. It's really a Wild West out there of far too many clinics who have no business at all performing hair transplants and consequently destroy the well-being of so many lives.

Edited by delancey

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

23 minutes ago, delancey said:

CosmoKramer, that is really funny. 😁 

The sad part with it is that for every person who does his research and really understands the importance of choosing a qualified and exceptional Doctor who will change his image permanently, there are 17 others, to quote your example, who fail to recognize how messed up the emotional and physical consequences that decision could have. It's really a Wild West out there of far too many clinics who have no business at all performing hair transplants and consequently destroy the well-being of so many lives.

Thanks 🙂

I agree with your comment and many guys these days just fall instantly for marketing scams, cheap promises and shallow celebrity. 

On the other hand, and not to sound harsh and insensitive BUT the onus is on the individual to do their proper research prior to ANY surgery and if those that do just jump into procedures based on quick gratification for cheap promises then they have coming to them what they traded and bargained for.

It’s sad but it’s just reality, blind ignorance is a big enabler and contributor to self-inflicted damage and you can’t continually watch over everyone whom ignore warning signs and red flags because they wanted a quick cheap fix.

5 minutes ago, hairman22 said:

if he was smart he would offer Couto to become the surgeon of the clinic

and then what? Offer 5+ year wait times for surgery and 2+ year wait time just for consult? If anything these wait times would be even worse after all of cristianos marketing

49 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Thanks 🙂

I agree with your comment and many guys these days just fall instantly for marketing scams, cheap promises and shallow celebrity. 

On the other hand, and not to sound harsh and insensitive BUT the onus is on the individual to do their proper research prior to ANY surgery and if those that do just jump into procedures based on quick gratification for cheap promises then they have coming to them what they traded and bargained for.

It’s sad but it’s just reality, blind ignorance is a big enabler and contributor to self-inflicted damage and you can’t continually watch over everyone whom ignore warning signs and red flags because they wanted a quick cheap fix.

I agree with you but I think it's also important to point out that many patients who fall prey are so deeply caught up in the anxiety loop and discomfort coming from their hair loss. As a result they fail to notice all the warning signs and read flags. There is perhaps also an expectation of trustworthiness and honesty that many of us have for doctors (in general) so some patients may be more inclined to make more spontaneous, drastic and careless decisions when the advice and recommendation is coming from a... you guessed it, a doctor. Sure, blind ignorance plays a big role in it too, especially considering that we aren't talking about purchasing a television here, it is a permanent modification to your appearance and if done poorly the decision may impact the patient significantly for a very long time after the surgery. Yet so many fail to think down these lines. 

Edited by delancey

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

27 minutes ago, delancey said:

I agree with you but I think it's also important to point out that many patients who fall prey are so deeply caught up in the anxiety loop and discomfort coming from their hair loss. As a result they fail to notice all the warning signs and read flags. There is perhaps also an expectation of trustworthiness and honesty that many of us have for doctors (in general) so some patients may be more inclined to make more spontaneous, drastic and careless decisions when the advice and recommendation is coming from a... you guessed it, a doctor. Sure, blind ignorance plays a big role in it too, especially considering that we aren't talking about purchasing a television here, it is a permanent modification to your appearance and if done poorly the decision may impact the patient significantly for a very long time after the surgery. Yet so many fail to think down these lines. 

True, sad but true.

Other than cost, I can't see why anyone would gamble on a procedure with them when you've got Dr. Lorenzo in the same city.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• Administrators

18 surgery’s a day 😳

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

42 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

18 surgery’s a day 😳

Only 10 more than Asmed, Dr Erdogan. 😂