Recommended on this forum

There are so many doctors recommended on this website that I have never heard of and NEVER post. I thought they were supposed to post once a month. Someone else complained about this and moderators said they would check but then we never heard back. What is going on? I know they pay a monthly fee so is that the reason they are left alone? 

As someone who suffers enormously from having a failed transplant done by one of the  recommended surgeons this issue is particularly sensitive for me. I do not want other people  trust in a surgeon just because this forum endorsed them. 

Has anyone even ever heard of:

Dr Raghu Reddy

Dr Paul Rose

Dr Thomas Chung Mai

This is just to name a few but there are more

moderators please give us a real response this time and not some bullshit we will check on it... I know for a fact a lot of these doctors do not post once monthly as is recommended. 

Edited by Upshall
  • Thanks 1

I pointed out this problem with a post "Conspicuous By Their Absence" A while ago, nothing came of it .Feller and Bloxham in particular used to post all the time now all is quiet there ,perhaps the mods could look into this as I understood clinics/ Docs have to post monthly results.

Great topic. I think another issue at hand is there are hardly any doctors actively participating in the forum with members. If you look at a few years back doctors would frequently come on and help answer a few questions and this rarely happens anymore.

• Like 1

I also think it would be interesting to have more doctor involvement on the site. Perhaps audio or video interviews that ask the interesting questions that come up from time to time. The doubts that we have about certain topics. And more educational knowledge coming our way. I have really gotten interested in everything that has to do with hair transplantation, so it would be great to have more doctors participating in these type of discussions. 

• Like 1

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

2 hours ago, jj51702 said:

Great topic. I think another issue at hand is there are hardly any doctors actively participating in the forum with members. If you look at a few years back doctors would frequently come on and help answer a few questions and this rarely happens anymore.

Feller used to post a lot but most discussions he got involved in would descend into a mud slinging match. You would have situations where members would disagree with what a surgeon says. The surgeon's are medical doctors and presumably got tired of arguing with laypersons. I suppose the other thing is that surgeons are very busy and simply don't have the time to get into online discussions. 

3 hours ago, Mick50 said:

I pointed out this problem with a post "Conspicuous By Their Absence" A while ago, nothing came of it .Feller and Bloxham in particular used to post all the time now all is quiet there ,perhaps the mods could look into this as I understood clinics/ Docs have to post monthly results.

Don't the clinics need the patient's permission to post results online, even if the face is blurred? Most people don't give permission and would rather keep things discreet. 

I think we should not mix:

- Does the clinic post monthly updates with

- Do the clinics involve in the discussion

The first is a must, while the second is a nice to have. And maybe for the clinic mentioned, sometimes even a "not so nice to have" 😉  

43 minutes ago, Baldrick101 said:

Don't the clinics need the patient's permission to post results online, even if the face is blurred? Most people don't give permission and would rather keep things discreet. 

That's why we need clarification ..as far as I know.. as things stand it's part of the criteria for continued recommendation. 

• Like 1

@Bill - Managing Publisher  

How many patients per day may a recommended Doctor be in charge of and perform hair transplants on, according to the high standards of the hair restoration network before quality control and results may be affected? 

Edited by delancey

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• Administrators

We're not ignoring you all of our responses are already on this thread. We've already been working on this behind the scenes. Dr. Reddy btw is one of the most famous surgeons in the UK with dozens of results. A simple search will pull up several threads, so I don't know if you have really searched thoroughly.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

We're not ignoring you all of our responses are already on this thread. We've already been working on this behind the scenes. Dr. Reddy btw is one of the most famous surgeons in the UK with dozens of results. A simple search will pull up several threads, so I don't know if you have really searched thoroughly.

Hi Melvin .I must have missed your responses on this thread somehow ... No-one is questioning how famous or not a surgeon is, perhaps if the criteria was adhered to the poster who mentioned Dr Reddy may have actually heard of him , just we want simple clarification on does a recommended surgeon have to show monthly examples of their work?, it really should be a question that is easily answered .

I would imagine the whole point of monthly examples is because unfortunately standards can change in any business ..just because     a clinic was doing great work 2 years ago that doesn't mean for whatever reason they are still doing it..and as you know a clinic's website is not always the best way to get a true picture of the real standard they are producing . 

Edited by Mick50

I would also like a clarification as to whether recommended surgeons are obligated to post on a monthly basis and how this is enforced. 

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Mick50 said:

Hi Melvin .I must have missed your responses on this thread somehow ... No-one is questioning how famous or not a surgeon is, perhaps if the criteria was adhered to the poster who mentioned Dr Reddy may have actually heard of him , just we want simple clarification on does a recommended surgeon have to show monthly examples of their work?, it really should be a question that is easily answered .

I would imagine the whole point of monthly examples is because unfortunately standards can change in any business ..just because     a clinic was doing great work 2 years ago that doesn't mean for whatever reason they are still doing it..and as you know a clinic's website is not always the best way to get a true picture of the real standard they are producing . 

We’re in the process of rectifying any issues with on-going submissions. We take our recommendations seriously and I am working on this with Bill. As far as we were aware the surgeons post on a monthly basis as this a free platform to promote their results. However, some may have fallen through the cracks. We do see submissions through our hair transplant network website , which is where the physician’s profile exists. 

Just to add Mick, we don't only go by doctor submissions, we also go by member submissions. If you see Dr. Reddy, has several member submissions when you search his name. I think you misinterpreted what I said, I didn't mean Dr. Reddy was famous so he's good. I meant his reputation is well-known in the community and he is a doctor that members regularly post about.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators

I would like to inform the community that me and Bill have been working behind the scenes to ensure that all of our recommended surgeons continually post their results on our forum. Thank you guys for bringing this matter to our attention. If any of you have a specific concern regarding any particular doctor please send me or Bill a private message.

Onwards and upwards

Pat, Bill and Melvin

View my thread

On 3/22/2019 at 4:41 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

I would like to inform the community that me and Bill have been working behind the scenes to ensure that all of our recommended surgeons continually post their results on our forum. Thank you guys for bringing this matter to our attention. If any of you have a specific concern regarding any particular doctor please send me or Bill a private message.

Onwards and upwards

Pat, Bill and Melvin

The more I look into this and the worst it gets. Just spent 30mins researching Dr Madhu and literally the guy does not post, and yet Pat and Melvin are takin in the checks. I am seriously starting to think this website is a sham. @Melvin-Moderator What do you mean you are looking into it. Yes or no do you guys make sure everyone posts once a month. 

Something smells really fishy here, this is not right at all. I have been seeing some people complaining get shut down. I also feel like both of pat and Melvin are too quick to defend doctors vs patients. Can you guys show proof of where the money the doctors give goes to? Are you guys pocketing any of it? 

• Like 1

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Upshall said:

The more I look into this and the worst it gets. Just spent 30mins researching Dr Madhu and literally the guy does not post, and yet Pat and Melvin are takin in the checks. I am seriously starting to think this website is a sham. @Melvin-Moderator What do you mean you are looking into it. Yes or no do you guys make sure everyone posts once a month. 

Something smells really fishy here, this is not right at all. I have been seeing some people complaining get shut down. I also feel like both of pat and Melvin are too quick to defend doctors vs patients. Can you guys show proof of where the money the doctors give goes to? Are you guys pocketing any of it? 

What are you talking about? We’re the most transparent site on the web. Please go on any other forum and demand what you’ve just demanded. I would like to see of the thread makes it past a few minutes.

Running a website isn’t free, everything we earn is put back in to running the site. The site has been involved in several free speech lawsuits and lawyers aren’t free either. Secondly, we’ve always been open about any fee that we charge. The community is free to members, but it’s not free to run.

We’re rectifying the issue by speaking with the surgeons. Our community has helped thousands if not millions. If you feel the way you do, then I’m sorry you can simply stop posting or visiting the site if you think we’re a “sham”. 

Best wishes,

Melvin

View my thread

This site is far from perfect but compared to the other ones I'm on it's the most helpful and up to date of any of them. Honestly life is one big business... if they are making some side money from it, big deal. As long as we get truthful, no bullshit results posted by surgeons and have the right to be open and honest I don't see an issue... if the transparency and realness of the site gets compromised that's when we all have an actual problem.