kleaner

I had a hair transplant 7 months ago. Skin discoloration at recipient area? (Photo)

I had a hair transplant 7 months ago. In the pictures, I shaved my hair to see the skin under my transplanted hair.

Why does my skin at the recipient area still not look normal?

How long does it take for the skin to go back to normal?

or will it ever be normal before a hair transplant?

Thank you

20190313_151614478_iOS.jpg

20190314_034533975_iOS.jpg

20190314_034540506_iOS.jpg

20190314_034546472_iOS.jpg

20190314_045148854_iOS.jpg

20190314_045155020_iOS.jpg

20190314_045508053_iOS.jpg

20190314_045554352_iOS.jpg

20190314_045601084_iOS.jpg

IMG_6368.JPG

IMG_6383.JPG

IMG_6385.JPG

I don’t really notice anything strange. Looks like the typical color when you shave dark hair. Was there smp performed as well?

• Like 1

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

25 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I don’t really notice anything strange. Looks like the typical color when you shave dark hair. Was there smp performed as well?

Thank you for your reply
no, there is not. just one hair transplant.

the skin between the grafts is also dark. Isn't it supposed to be the same color as normal skin?

28 minutes ago, kleaner said:

Thank you for your reply
no, there is not. just one hair transplant.

the skin between the grafts is also dark. Isn't it supposed to be the same color as normal skin?

I mean I can't really tell to be perfectly honest. I suggest growing your hair out and reposting a picture. Right now all it looks like is shaved hair.

• Like 1

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

I also do not notice anything to be concerned about...possibly pics do not show as much as what you are seeing in the mirror...having said that, don't worry because in most cases it just takes time for the scalp and recipient area to recover both in terms of inflammation and color.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Jim Harris, Denver, CO - Dr. Robert True & Dr. Robert Dorin, New York, NY

While I don't see anything to be concerned about, I do believe I see what you're seeing and understand the initial concern. I say that to emphasize how crafty our brains can be when it comes to convincing that there's an issue or something to conerned about. I know for myself, once my eye brings attention to something, it's all I can see - and sometimes it's important for me to trust outside perspective in those moments.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14

2,001 grafts

Ones: 607

Twos: 925

Threes: 413

Fours: 56

1.25 mg Finasteride daily since July 2014