Probably a highly ethical doc like Dr Cooley, Dr Lindsey, Dr Wong, Dr Col, Dr Wesley to start off with.  

If you are repairing hairline esp, avoid nape hair or body or bear hairs.  Nape hair should be outbof the question.  Beard hairs for scars, possibly.  But it is extremely low yield.  Scalp hair is best for donor means.  Best of luck with everything and get multiple dagone consults.  This way you can get a graft average vs high and low estimates.  

Oh and remember, beard, body, nape hair react adversely with finasteride.  Finasteride is safe for scalp hair and grafts, but it can shed other body hairs that gave been grafted into recipient zones.

• Moderators

This really depends on how severe and what type of repair you need. There's scar repair, pluggy graft repair, hairline too low, grafts growing in wrong directions, or FUE donor repair. It also depends on how much remaining hair you have to work with. If you don't have very much donor hair then you may need to use beard and chest hair. Thus the Dr list will be different depending on what is required.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I would consult with multiple top docs to get their opinion on how they'd repair your case. Will some plugs need to be excised and redistributed? Can the hairline be softened simply by camouflaging the plugs with single hair grafts up front? Every doctor may suggest a different strategy, therefore different cost. Go with the one you feel most comfortable with and will give you the result you're looking for. Names you've been given here are all great: Cooley, Shapiro, H&W, Rahal, Gabel, Lindsey, and there are many more. Good luck to you.