Sad Case

3 hours ago, Fozzie said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-6808607/Businessman-43-dies-undergoing-hair-transplant-India.html

Mentions patient had asked for 9000 grafts in one sitting although it is not clear whether the surgeon in question agree to this. Hopefully he didn't, because it would be utter madness. 

This is beyond terrible.  This benchod doc couldn’t assess patient’s health properly or failed to see what was going on.  Sad as this had to happen this way for this man.  He literally died in severe pain.  

This can happen anywhere and i think this was poor screening and follow up with this patient.  I hope his family gets justice.  

I hope to god that doc never gets membership access on any forum if he does operate single handedly or if he does it in a partnership setting.  Death like this should definitely be a disqualifier for the doc and any associates.  

Completely terrible way to leave this earth.  

This is heartbreaking, and I really hope the authorities do everything they can to get to the bottom of what happened. The article mentions that the surgery was still going on at 2:30 am, which is very disconcerting, not to mention many other details in that article that don't sit well with me. I really hope that justice is served for this man and his family, and also to prevent anything like this happening in the future. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• Moderators
8 hours ago, pkipling said:

The article mentions that the surgery was still going on at 2:30 am, which is very disconcerting, not to mention many other details in that article that don't sit well with me.

It says the surgery started in the evening, so I'm thinking the story is using UK time while the hair transplant was in India which is a 5.5 hour difference, so 2:30 AM would actually be 9 PM in India.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.