3000 Grafts - Dr. Koray Erdogan - ASMED - 17.08.2018

munich

Hey Guys, 

in few days I will pass the 7. month mark and I would like to show you my progress. Actual I'm very disappointed and I hoped that my 7 month status would look much better. I notice a very low density in both temple areas. It could be lower than 15-20 grafts per square centimeter (Implanted density was ca. 50 grafts per sqcm). 

Another thing which disturb me are that there are many multiple grafts in the hairline. I think it tends to be a failure, but I would like to hear your opinion to my case. 

PS: Sorry for my english 😀

PRE-OP.jpg

POST-OP.jpg

7m.jpg

Yeah density could be better, bit too see through considering it’s dry and styled well there. 

6-12 months can see it thickening up a lot so still some improvement to come. 

Edited by nb98

50 minutes ago, Marco Van Basten said:

Anyone god any positive results from asmed recently???

Redlord (member here) had amazing progress at only 6 months after his procedure at ASMED in July last year. However, one thing to consider is his hair characteristic's were extremely conducive in producing a good result.

Edited by Fozzie

In last time I saw more bad then good results from Asmed... not only here in this forum. Don't know what happened that this consistency ended so abrupt. Asmed offer a 90% warranty  of growth rate, but the last cases showed horrible growth. Do you think that asmed can not reach the 90% in average and calculated the "free touch up" in the price ?

13 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Redlord (member here) had amazing progress at only 6 months after his procedure at ASMED in July last year. However, one thing to consider is his hair characteristic's were extremely conducive in producing a good result.

Thanks mate, will check it out.

Not sure what they have changed, but there does still seem to be more "bad than good" of late.

Shame really, s i had them down as an option

On 3/14/2019 at 4:12 PM, munich said:

Hey Guys, 

in few days I will pass the 7. month mark and I would like to show you my progress. Actual I'm very disappointed and I hoped that my 7 month status would look much better. I notice a very low density in both temple areas. It could be lower than 15-20 grafts per square centimeter (Implanted density was ca. 50 grafts per sqcm). 

Another thing which disturb me are that there are many multiple grafts in the hairline. I think it tends to be a failure, but I would like to hear your opinion to my case. 

PRE-OP.jpg

POST-OP.jpg

7m.jpg

Hi

I think you have further progress to come so you should give it some more time, I too didn’t see adequate density especially on my left hairline side at 7months, but now at 9 months it has much improved.

Good luck!

Here I’ll post for you a photo of my 7th month photo and you can see the lack of thickness and density on my left side.

D9220C8A-DB55-4CC8-8E95-271F56F64CA7.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 3/14/2019 at 9:12 PM, munich said:

Hey Guys, 

PRE-OP.jpg

POST-OP.jpg

7m.jpg

I am at 6.5 month mark and my density is similar to yours. 

My left side is weaker and infact I had same amounts grafts implanted.

• Confused 1

@CosmoKramer Hopefully you are right. I saw your progress and it makes me hope for my result. At this moment I would suggest that only 40% popping through the scalp. Unfortunately my left side shows nearly the same density like the right side, but I can comb the middle part to hide it. 

@Kingbilla Infact we should not expect a perfect density at this stage, but it makes me worry that many asmed patients shows this year the same pattern. I haven't seen it by other surgeons. 

• Like 1

Took this picture of my left side and I'm very shocked how low the density is. Nearly no growth after 7 months in the temple area. Slowly I am losing hope and searching for an repair. My case remind me very strong at Payams. IMG_20190319_204848.thumb.jpg.ab3e2944b07a0b682818c23a0d24f6ba.jpg

7 hours ago, HairDew said:

Just give it 12 months at least. I was worried too. I'm attaching 2 pictures. One is at around 6 months and another 8-9 months (I can't remember).6months.JPG.d40cb613e8c83b2fe3511b2dc0258594.JPGComparison.thumb.jpg.ed8332acd6579043203f4181ae191da4.jpg

Wow...how much more sprouts appeared after month six for u?

On 3/19/2019 at 4:04 PM, munich said:

Took this picture of my left side and I'm very shocked how low the density is. Nearly no growth after 7 months in the temple area. Slowly I am losing hope and searching for an repair. My case remind me very strong at Payams. IMG_20190319_204848.thumb.jpg.ab3e2944b07a0b682818c23a0d24f6ba.jpg

Looking at your photo it looks disappointing but definitely give it until to full 12 months you may be a slow progressor/grower, I saw my best improvement months 8-9 and still see some news short fine hairs in my hairline that need to mature and I’m only 9 months and 1 week. 

18 hours ago, PlzRespond said:

Wow...how much more sprouts appeared after month six for u?

I really don't know because I was feeling down. I too was scared that my procedure didn't turn out as well as I hoped. But after about month 8-9 I started noticing. Especially when I had my haircut and the girl who cuts my hair kept commenting that my hair is getting better with each session with her. :)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, xadiohead said:

I think this surgeon review forum should require a minimum 9 months unless you had a botched transplant up front.    7 months is too soon to judge a surgeon based on low density.    

If you would see much more growth by any other forum member then you would feel anxious too. I saved money more then 4 years only to have my surgery by him. Cases like from HairDew shows me that it is possible to reach a good result after poor growth at the 6-7 month stage. 

Edited by munich

7 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

Looking at your photo it looks disappointing but definitely give it until to full 12 months you may be a slow progressor/grower, I saw my best improvement months 8-9 and still see some news short fine hairs in my hairline that need to mature and I’m only 9 months and 1 week. 

I really hope that I'm a slow grower, but it is hard to believe that after I saw some cases here and in other forums. To be honest ... I had a implanted density of 50 grafts and now I'm seeing at much spots (especially temple area) <15-20 grafts. To reach the basic goal I must have a growth explosion in the coming months.

Of course I will give it the the full 12 months and I try to be positive even when it is really hard. 

Hi Munich,

3000 grafts in ASMED and this is me after 7.5 months. I'm in a much worse condition. I can even say that I am the worst result I have ever seen by ASMED after 7 months. Waiting for a miracle here...

20190323_220905.jpg

• Sad 4

Hey abysmo,

you are right... for 7,5 months it looks really not how it should be look like. I think that circa 30% popped through the surface based on your picture. Normally we should expect 50% of the end result. I know how you are feeling and it is very hard to imagine that in the coming months much more growth will be happen.

Theoretically it is possible, but I can not really believing that so many asmed patients (which had his hair transplant last year) are suddenly slow grower. The only one thing that we can make is still waiting for the 12 month mark. Hopefully we can laugh about our current concerns in the future.

Hoping it too but as you've said, odds are not that great. It was not easy to decide for an operation and I have spent several years to set my mind into this. It's really sad and dissapointing to watch so little happening in my head for the last 3 months. Trying to keep my hopes up but it's getting harder and harder as time goes by... Thank you for your comments.

35 minutes ago, abysmo said:

Hoping it too but as you've said, odds are not that great. It was not easy to decide for an operation and I have spent several years to set my mind into this. It's really sad and dissapointing to watch so little happening in my head for the last 3 months. Trying to keep my hopes up but it's getting harder and harder as time goes by... Thank you for your comments.

For 7.5 months, your progress is concerning but suppose just have to hang in there for now. Can still see some redness in the scalp. Not sure if you already take them, but it might be worthwhile adding MSM and Biotin to your regime. Not a miracle aid by any means but may help nudge growth along a little. Both are also good for skin. Maybe also consider washing scalp with sulphar soap with salicylic acid for the redness. In any case, hoping things improve for you.

37 minutes ago, Marco Van Basten said:

Is Asmed still being recommended on here because there's been some way below par results recently

I may be wrong, but recently I think it's Payam and Planetstephen who have reached the 12 month+ mark and what we can call final results and haven't received a satisfactory result, mainly due to poor growth/density issues.

A lot of the other recent cases here are where the patients have concerns with their progress (i.e abysmo,MHR84, Kingbilla, kw877, Munich) and they seem to be in and around the 7-8 month mark if I'm not mistaken. Now once they reach that 12 month mark and if things haven't improved, then obviously it would be a cause for concern so many patients are not happy with the final results from their procedures by the clinic.

• Like 1