3000 Grafts - Dr. Koray Erdogan - ASMED - 17.08.2018

munich

I had my surgery at ASMED last week.  Everything went great while I was there but then again it's only the results that ultimately matter which I won't know for another 8-12 months. .  I should have asked to doctor what he thought about all these people complaining.  It certainly makes me nervous for my results.     I wonder to what degree it is affecting potential ASMED customers from not going there.   I would think Dr. Erdogan would try to interject in some of these posts to make it look like he cares.

• Like 1

Keep cool xadiohead. If you will start thinking now about your future result then it will be a very hard time for you. The only one answer that we got from asmed is still: waiting, waiting, waiting. 

@abysmoThanks for sharing your post. I will follow your further progress 

Very sad to see, buddy. A touch up will be inevitable in my opinion. :( 
Asmed will most certainly offer you a free touch up, but you might just be better off with someone like Konior. It might be expensive, but it's likely that then you won't have to worry ever again about your frontal third. Anyway, lets hope for the best for the coming 5 months and some improvements that leave you with a better situation. Personally i haven't seen any new growth for months, so i doubt that we will be blessed with new hairs popping through this late in the game.

• Like 1

I had my surgery with Asmed in 2017 (2500 in frontal third, 1500 in crown) and very happy with my result. I was thinking of going back as I was told at the time 1500 wouldn't be enough for my crown and Dr Erdogan was right and I could go in for another surgery. My frontal third I am delighted with... but seeing these new updates makes me worry and having second thoughts about returning.

I know Erdogan changed his method to something called KEEP method of transplanting the hairs and not sure if that is affecting some of the latest results?

Another thing (I knew this before I went) but the more I understand now makes me worry is that they do 3 or 4 surgeries a day. I don't blame them as they are a business at the end of the day and want to make money but there is a balance between making money and ensuring you provide all your patients the best possible treatment and outcome. I don't know if I was 'fortunate' but Dr Erdogan himself spent about 30mins doing extractions on me... Really the doctor should be more involved and although Erdogan does the consultation with you and draws the hairline, after that he creates the incisions and that's all.

Also as they operate on 3-4 people a day, that's a lot and say they do 1000 people a year, they are bound to be a small percentage who get bad result due to whatever circumstance but it's very disheartening if you are one of them and feel full sympathy as for a lot of guys it's a lot of money and takes big courage to do it.

58 minutes ago, Vpac said:

I had my surgery with Asmed in 2017 (2500 in frontal third, 1500 in crown) and very happy with my result. I was thinking of going back as I was told at the time 1500 wouldn't be enough for my crown and Dr Erdogan was right and I could go in for another surgery. My frontal third I am delighted with... but seeing these new updates makes me worry and having second thoughts about returning.

I know Erdogan changed his method to something called KEEP method of transplanting the hairs and not sure if that is affecting some of the latest results?

Another thing (I knew this before I went) but the more I understand now makes me worry is that they do 3 or 4 surgeries a day. I don't blame them as they are a business at the end of the day and want to make money but there is a balance between making money and ensuring you provide all your patients the best possible treatment and outcome. I don't know if I was 'fortunate' but Dr Erdogan himself spent about 30mins doing extractions on me... Really the doctor should be more involved and although Erdogan does the consultation with you and draws the hairline, after that he creates the incisions and that's all.

Also as they operate on 3-4 people a day, that's a lot and say they do 1000 people a year, they are bound to be a small percentage who get bad result due to whatever circumstance but it's very disheartening if you are one of them and feel full sympathy as for a lot of guys it's a lot of money and takes big courage to do it.

I went there in October. They do a maximum of 6 patients a day. Now dr Erdogan does his max of 6 in the new clinic and his new doctors do another 2 patients. Dr Erdogan himself sent a memo out to everyone here on the forum explaining all this a couple of months back.

Below is the link to the thread. If you go to Melvins post on Jan 8 he pasted an email he received from Dr Erdogan.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/50882-3600-grafts-dr-koray-erdogan-13th-march-2018/?page=24

Edited by FarsanUk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/26/2019 at 2:26 AM, grantleebuffalo said:

Very sad to see, buddy. A touch up will be inevitable in my opinion. :( 
Asmed will most certainly offer you a free touch up, but you might just be better off with someone like Konior. It might be expensive, but it's likely that then you won't have to worry ever again about your frontal third. Anyway, lets hope for the best for the coming 5 months and some improvements that leave you with a better situation. Personally i haven't seen any new growth for months, so i doubt that we will be blessed with new hairs popping through this late in the game.

Nice to hear from you bro.  Yes I think that too. 

Currently I don't think that I will go back to asmed. Even when its free. As a NW 5 are my donor reserves like gold for me. I can not afford that they implant me additional 1500 grafts in my frontal third with a bad growth rate. I will wait after 10/11 months and when its get not better I will contact other surgeons. 

You are right. Konior is a master, but Koray is it too. Otherwise we hadn't choose him. My exception was that I will better pay more money and avoid to have problems after this procedure. Now I see many 1000 €/$ hair transplant from "nameless" surgeons with much better growth. In my research time were bad results from asmed absolutely rare. Honestly I'm now seeing more subpar results as good ones. There is still hope for many of us, but the chances decrease month after month. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vpac said:

Nice to hear that you reach a good result. As you said if they would perform 3-4 surgeries a day with super professional stuff with much experience then it would not be a problem and the results were still good. Nowadays they perform 6-8 surgeries a day and I think that in 2018 additional techs were employed to prepare the change to the new clinic. Not all of them had the same level and so we see now some cases with a bad growth rate. 

In my case there were 2 techs and one of them took circa 2400 grafts and the other one circa 600 (probably, because she had fewer experience). But I don't know who of them set them into the slits. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the cause of delayed/slow growing hairs? Is it because they died, or is something inhibiting them from growing? trying to understand the physiology of it. I've saved up for this procedure for 8 years, and just this month, I've finally saved enough (about 8k euros) and just had an online consultation with ASMED, literally right now was about to send them my deposit and book flights... but then something in my instinct decided to pop in here and read the comments (haven't been to this forum in 3 years LOL) and to say the least, I WAS ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED.  Up until 3 years ago, I haven't read a single bad result from ASMED, and I've placed them as in the top 3 clinics that I would give my business too.... I don't know what to do now LOL... Should I just hold off until you guys go thru the full 12 months? We aren't getting any younger.. hehe 

Edited by therealmvp2016
  • Like 1

Bottom line is if you have reservations about any clinic, you should hold fire and do more research, to choose any clinic from reviews done 3 years ago is not advisable, that's why this site is useful as you can read and view recent results from actual patients and not one just  posted on clinic's websites.  

Edited by Mick50

25 minutes ago, Mick50 said:

Bottom line is if you have reservations about any clinic, you should hold fire and do more research, to choose any clinic from reviews done 3 years ago is not advisable, that's why this site is useful as you can read and view recent results from actual patients and not one just  posted on clinic's websites.  

25 minutes ago, Mick50 said:

Well, at this rate, I will probably end up getting the procedure when I'm 70 years old. not sure how useful it will be by then lol.

1 hour ago, therealmvp2016 said:

I'm not saying wait til your 70 just saying it's obviously not a good idea to go ahead with a clinic where YOU WERE ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED with recent reviews   do you not agree?.

Edited by Mick50

2 hours ago, therealmvp2016 said:

Does anyone know the cause of delayed/slow growing hairs? Is it because they died, or is something inhibiting them from growing? trying to understand the physiology of it. I've saved up for this procedure for 8 years, and just this month, I've finally saved enough (about 8k euros) and just had an online consultation with ASMED, literally right now was about to send them my deposit and book flights... but then something in my instinct decided to pop in here and read the comments (haven't been to this forum in 3 years LOL) and to say the least, I WAS ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED.  Up until 3 years ago, I haven't read a single bad result from ASMED, and I've placed them as in the top 3 clinics that I would give my business too.... I don't know what to do now LOL... Should I just hold off until you guys go thru the full 12 months? We aren't getting any younger.. hehe 

In my case I haven't seen any remarkable growth since the 5 month mark. So I think that the grafts haven't survived, but I can't say why. I always followed the instructions of asmed. I will take some new pictures in a week when I reach my 8 month, but tbh it looks similar to the pictures from a month ago. 

I would recommend you to do some more research. Not only here in the Forum. Look at the french or turkish one and use the translator. In 3 years a lot can change. 

On 3/28/2019 at 3:54 AM, FarsanUk said:

I went there in October. They do a maximum of 6 patients a day. Now dr Erdogan does his max of 6 in the new clinic and his new doctors do another 2 patients. Dr Erdogan himself sent a memo out to everyone here on the forum explaining all this a couple of months back.

Below is the link to the thread. If you go to Melvins post on Jan 8 he pasted an email he received from Dr Erdogan.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/50882-3600-grafts-dr-koray-erdogan-13th-march-2018/?page=24

Asmed results lacking density seem to be a reoccurring issue over the last year or so. I have lost faith in them being able to produce a result that compares the the top guys anymore. They need to be compared to the other mills in Turkey if we are being completely honest, which I'm sure they are at the top tier for that sector.

My advice would save more $ and visit a doctor who does the entire operation with stick and place methodology. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys I would like to give you a short update. Now I'm 8,5 months (and 4 days) post op. Here and there I noticed some new growth, but the temples are still gapy. Hopefully there will be a change in the next 3,5 months. 

Left 8.5m.jpg

Right 8.5m.jpg

I would say that styled hair look a lil bit better then before, but think the reason is that I grew my hair longer. So I can comb the side hair above the temples. Unfortunately is a short cut not possible ... Hope that i can achieve the implanted density in the next 3,5 months.

On 4/9/2019 at 2:14 AM, Mick50 said:

But every clinic has bad results... from the most expensive beverly hills clinics that charge $15 per graft, to ARTAS fue, to Turkish clinics, to Indian clinics... nobody ever said that HTs have a 100% success rate.  but I think ASMED is one of the only clinics that have a "guarantee"  meaning they say 90% guaranteed survival rate.  and Ive seen a few people return and get touch ups and then they were OK.  Still ASMED is the best economical choice with the most proof of great results. 

On 4/9/2019 at 2:14 AM, Mick50 said:

Hair is a lil bit messy from getting out of my bed, but on this picture you can see my problem with my hairline. You still can see through to the middle of my head. The left side isn't better. I will wait to the end of my 10 month mark and check my options if there won't be a improvement. 

IMG_20190511_123041.jpg

I'm sorry bro, I know how it feels and you're not alone, even outside this forum I've been contacted by many dissatisfied guys who had their surgery at ASMED. I would start looking at other clinics right away if I were you to fix this. 

Edited by Payam

Hey guys officially  I will reach my 9 month mark in 3 days, but think that I can give you now a short update. 

As you can see from the pictures before there is nearly no progress in my situation. Both temple areas are very sparse and I don't think that there will be much improvement in the next 3 months. I'm very angry and dissatisfied about the current result and estimate that only 50% of the grafts have grown. 

Of course there is a improvement to the pre op status, but for this kind of result I could choose every clinic from the turkish hair transplant mall. Slowly but sure I'm looking for other clinics to fix it. 

How are you thinking about? 

First picture is my left side..the second the right side..

M9_l.thumb.jpg.b5e89b11c3932d44378e7ea7ef5d34d4.jpgM9_r.thumb.jpg.a2cbb2bc09db843e19bb60df72abe9cf.jpg

It obviously looks very gappy in these pictures but the way you have your hair styled in these pictures is weird.  Do you really wear your hair like that in public?  The picture you posted on Saturday "getting out of bed" post looks better than the way you have it styled in these.