Posted (edited)

Given your time-frame now, I do get your concern, I would hope that Dr Gabel offered you a touch-up in the area of concern without being contingent on you spending additional money to add more grafts elsewhere. When styled it does look good, but don’t let it sress you out, I would feel comfortable going back to Gable and letting him do a touch-up to make me satisfied...without a contingency that I spend more money that is, as that wouldn’t be good customer/patient service imho.....unless you plan to get more HT work elsewhere on your scalp anyway.

Edited by CosmoKramer

17 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

Given your time-frame now, I do get your concern, I would hope that Dr Gabel offered you a touch-up in the area of concern without being contingent on you spending additional money to add more grafts elsewhere. When styled it does look good, but don’t let it sress you out, I would feel comfortable going back to Gable and letting him do a touch-up to make me satisfied...without a contingency that I spend more money that is, as that wouldn’t be good customer/patient service imho.....unless you plan to get more HT work elsewhere on your scalp anyway.

He said the area was outside of where the transplant occurred but I do feel differently. Looking at shaved head pre op and post op can see where grafts where placed and I have thinness in those areas. However, left side doesn’t have these problems or further recession.

So I left feeling as if he meant he wouldn’t charge me to touch up the few grafts that didn’t take but that any work that would significantly alter the right side would require another surgery/paid surgery.

Plus I really would not want to shave my head again. I am okay with shaving underneath the back donor hair but I wouldn’t want to shave my temples again.

the left grew in great for the amount of grafts places there. 

The right side is hard to style, the hair is thinner and there are areas exposing scalp.

I feel like if I had the right side matching the left it would be a home run.

13 minutes ago, Curlinginthesquatrack said:

He said the area was outside of where the transplant occurred but I do feel differently. Looking at shaved head pre op and post op can see where grafts where placed and I have thinness in those areas. However, left side doesn’t have these problems or further recession.

So I left feeling as if he meant he wouldn’t charge me to touch up the few grafts that didn’t take but that any work that would significantly alter the right side would require another surgery/paid surgery.

Plus I really would not want to shave my head again. I am okay with shaving underneath the back donor hair but I wouldn’t want to shave my temples again.

The right side is hard to style, the hair is thinner and there are areas exposing scalp.

Hmm sounds like you need to clarify what he meant, I don't think you need major surgery to get the result you want. A couple hundred grafts would get your right side to match the left. 

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

3 hours ago, Curlinginthesquatrack said:

I agree with you, I think the pre-op shaven and post-op photos do show grafts planted in your areas of concern...that likely haven’t taken and grown...that said, if unshaven in recipient is the only way you would go forward with a touch-up with dr gable then I can see that he would want to charge for the extra effort since it would be with unshaven....but IMO I think 200-300 grafts to touch up the area would make it a home-run result.

I think it would speak volumes of Dr Gable’s character if he offered to do it without-charge to make you a satisfied happy patient given the money you spent....and that could end up benefiting his clinic with referrals from you to friends and family...

This appears permanent shock loss around the perimeter of the area transplanted.  Balding was progressing in that direction so the hairs there were mostly like DHT prone and less likely to grow back.  Implanting grafts in front of them will reduce blood supply to them.

The Terms and Conditions of the surgeries I've had state that permanent shock loss is always a risk.  I imagine Gabel's are the same.  

A pain I know but you'll probably have to schedule another few hundred to get to where you want to be.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

500 FUE grafts (TBC) with Ray Konior, MD - 2020

My HT results thread from 1st procedure.