Fue dr gabel 1500-1600 grafts

Has a wonderful experience with dr gabel and his team last year. 

The day of surgery was great. I had no complications and the surgery felt top notch.

i was concerned when told I would only need 1500 to 1600 grafts as opposed to 2000 we had originally gone by through email consult and pictures but I was told I had thick hair and didn’t need as many.

i was also told to leave temple points alone as they usually start to look bad.

everything was explained well and I let dr gabel do his magic.

however, after the initial feeling of a full hairline post procedure, the shed and ugly duckling staged hurt.

i am now 6 months post and I feel my progress hasn’t really gotten much better since 3-4 months (apart from longer hair).

i still have to spend as much time concealing my hairline as I did pre surgery. I actually feel the hair behind the temples looks thinner and unless I comb it forward looks really sparse and bad in contrast to other hair.

i am hoping for more growth but I feel like most people see good results setting in at 6 months 

91B8A6BA-668F-4F15-9345-156FDAB88D55.thumb.jpeg.24786d3a137a2a8b4d757eabd68d4a01.jpeg5E6527ED-2408-4108-A8FC-64D6BB2AA568.thumb.jpeg.64adaea77d3a7fdce45610713cb7efe1.jpeg

8B0F002F-A856-450E-A008-23908D541692.thumb.jpeg.01bd4fdc2e05e722dc4683bc1fd377d3.jpeg

480B5636-DB44-435E-9889-6B1E94205013.thumb.jpeg.26ed6d62bd6adf79e5e57eb3f5f03567.jpeg14479B61-D8FB-4EBA-9A8B-CF087A97484C.thumb.jpeg.acb4ad64933953871a0bca7db6ca0a25.jpeg25E37EBC-F872-4A44-819B-063BF4E63C85.thumb.jpeg.ce8f34180ade075bb6812b8642622893.jpeg

Edited by Curlinginthesquatrack

Can you post a picture of you with how your hair is currently without you pulling the hair back and stressing the area just to see how your hairline is naturally sitting and whatnot? It looks like your temples have definitely been filled in but based on the natural density of your native hair and the safe amount of hairs per cm2 a reputable surgeon like Dr Gabel can do it's not out of question that it wouldn't be visible under harsh lighting or when wet... also are you on fin to stop further hair loss?

Hi

You will probably go through another new growth phase in months 7-9 so don’t frett just yet, I still see some new fine hairs that have newly grown here and there myself and from what I’ve seen Dr Gable does some great work.

Edited by CosmoKramer

This is it dry. I can part some of the middle hair in a comb over to conceal but the reason for the transplant was styling options, not having to spend time concealing hair, etc.

some days look better than others. Trying not to get too worried still only 6 months in,

53932BC5-79F4-4CE6-A45A-F0089EF02D4E.thumb.jpeg.e6baeea95df3db60ff82fb2a326c1dd0.jpeg

1FF34380-EC23-492D-B025-DAB4218967D6.thumb.jpeg.743afeaa819671a18b3168352547d831.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

89D0C3FC-4799-45A5-9B63-9C123B0B842A.thumb.jpeg.d890a284d9938d3b8527d86953822962.jpeg

Hair thickening up a little but still thin and bald in spots. Someone actually just commented on my hairline thinning - hadn’t met them before prior to this meeting.

At seven months, I’m hoping for more growth. If this is even close to the final result, And over $10,000 in, i will have regretted getting a hair transplant.

You still have several more months of growth expected.  I wonder where your hair would be at right now if you had the fut procedure instead..

I hear you though, over 10k dumped into your hair with not a whole lot of recession you’d expect great results by now. 

I chose dr gabel because of his bedside manner and ethical stance. 

He also responded personally to my initial consultation email - a very nice and personal touch

the surgery also went without issue.

my other option for Doctor was Hasson and Wong.

i received an email with poor grammar and English (my spelling sometimes get lost in auto correct or text typing)

but hasson wong’s  email was full of spelling errors and vague message to contact for a consultation.

however, I did like their results. A little less conservative than some doctors and lots of density.

i went in expecting 2000 or 2,500 grafts but was told my hair quality looked better than in pictures and would need less than 1,600.

Although I was happy to hear this would mean less cost wise, I couldn’t help but think I needed more to get good density match. Most results I wanted seemed to be around 2,000-2,500

i really wanted to get good results and fortify areas now so that I wouldn’t need another for a number of years and end up with a more dramatic result initially.

I even went for not lowering the hairline because I preferred having grafts go towards a fuller hairline then having a thin, sparse hairline-temples so that I could have a lower hairline. Also did not want that for risk of future recession.

i have been told by doctor finally results can take 1.5 years to be established.

i haven’t seem much beyond thickening of existing hairs that grew 3 months in... so I am trying to keep patient and not think about it too much.

I went with one of the best so I am trying to stay hopeful.

Have you reached out to doctor Gabel with your concerns?  It does seem like you could have used more grafts.

Gabel is in my neck of the woods so I’ve looked into having him work on me, but your case makes me think about looking into someone else as I need my hairline replaced and you aren’t seeing great results. 

Hope for more growth for yah

Dr gabel told me to give it a full 1.5 years for full results.

I started looking up results for 1,600 grafts post surgery. I saw mixed results and generally the best results for minimal hair loss went to around 2-2,500 or more.

in all fairness, he told me that due to my hair caliber that 1600 or less would be acceptable density and fullness for my hair. I think I ended up with 1,560-80.

i appreciated him not over selling me but also made it clear I wanted good density so that I could part my hair or slick back without bald spots in there.

I glanced at the photos you posted, and paid particular attention to the last one. It seems not only are you thin in the hairline, you are thin in the front and top!  I am aware of doctors that would do 3000 grafts!

Caliber of hair?  Really?  The fact that you have dark hair and light scalp does not help.  There is always that contrast.  (OK, if you did have fine hair it would give you a more natural result, but you would need a lot more grafts).  

I would give this a full year and continue visiting the doctor.  Keep him engaged in the process.  If you are not satisfied with the result, talk to him and see how he can help you.  There are lots of things to consider that you should be aware of.  What if he tells you that you have gone on to lose more native hair?  Make sure that you are doing some type of medical therapy to help you with retention and enhancement of the native hair.  (Are you on anything?).

I would find out exactly where the grafts were placed.  Perhaps he concentrated them towards the front?  Or did he spread them throughout the entire area?  If that's what happened, the transplants will have little to no impact in the overall result.  Please post your photos a year out.  It will be interesting to see what happens.

On 3/16/2019 at 11:28 PM, CosmoKramer said:

Hi

You will probably go through another new growth phase in months 7-9 so don’t frett just yet, I still see some new fine hairs that have newly grown here and there myself and from what I’ve seen Dr Gable does some great work.

Hi Cosmo 

good info. Is there any quantifiable (I know it’s probably difficult) how much more growth comes in percentage wise during this last growth spurt from months 7-9?

12 minutes ago, PlzRespond said:

Hi Cosmo 

good info. Is there any quantifiable (I know it’s probably difficult) how much more growth comes in percentage wise during this last growth spurt from months 7-9?

I found this info graphic on google a few months ago that I go by, for myself it was close to accurate but it all depends on whether the individual is a slow, moderate, fast grower.

F74D4F2B-7601-49AB-934D-87EDAEF94132.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Curlinginthesquatrack said:

Dr gabel told me to give it a full 1.5 years for full results.

This is the answer. You may be looking for results in 6 months that simply comes from double the planted volume. You have a reputable doc who sees the end result. You're not at the end result yet. I would wait til 1.5 years. 

Assuming it's adequate (you mentioned discussing expectations), I'd rather a HT be sufficient in 1.5 years than amazing at 6 - 8 months but "more than I otherwise needed". Maybe it's because I'll need more HTs in the future.

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

19 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

I found this info graphic on google a few months ago that I go by, for myself it was close to accurate but it all depends on whether the individual is a slow, moderate, fast grower.

F74D4F2B-7601-49AB-934D-87EDAEF94132.jpeg

Sorry to quote a big image again, but I think it's good to repost it.  One of the biggest things I have noticed as I go through my growth phases is the significant difference in texture/thickness between my newly growing hair and native terminal hairs.  For me it's very noticeable.  I think it's an often forgotten part of the regrowth process but in my experience it is very real.

Also, at 4.5 months I have areas that look like 8 month results and ones that look like 3 months.  It's not uniform.  Might just have to wait things out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2019 at 1:06 PM, Lennney said:

This is the answer. You may be looking for results in 6 months that simply comes from double the planted volume. You have a reputable doc who sees the end result. You're not at the end result yet. I would wait til 1.5 years. 

Assuming it's adequate (you mentioned discussing expectations), I'd rather a HT be sufficient in 1.5 years than amazing at 6 - 8 months but "more than I otherwise needed". Maybe it's because I'll need more HTs in the future.

We’ll see. From other people’s threads and doctor opinions, most results seem to happen from 3-6 months and taper off dramatically after that.

although length grows in, I still have sparse temples. With my hair longer again, I don’t see much difference with hair styled than before 10k surgery.

Given that I didn’t lower my hairline or have the temple points worked on (I was advised against) I was hoping at least for good density with a good fortified hairline,

i am however pleased that the surgery itself was great and no issues with recovery or donor area.

It looks to me like you shocked your existing hair behind the implant honestly. In classic MPB this hair was probably starting the miniaturization process and the trauma to surrounding areas from surgery could have caused them to permanently be lost. It's unfortunate but a reality of hair transplantation. I'm sure the transplant will mature and look fuller at 1-1.5 years and should hide some of this though. 

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

• 2 weeks later...

11D7CED0-E328-4ED7-A8B6-A73B15831526.thumb.jpeg.40bd24bf38bfcfe30ca5b4d354bb4b07.jpeg573027F0-6752-4B85-B5E2-50D93EE02162.thumb.jpeg.fe25034001a0a887e46ab8fa9bf116d8.jpeg

Still sparse and thin at the right side withnproduct in it and pulled to side(where most hair loss took place) 

left side has some thinness but definitely  thicker with product in it like above 

i wish I had more grafts to fill around the density I have in middle of hair.

i hope it thickens more.

my hairloss was so noticeable short and when shaved, could really see how bad it had gotten but with caliber of hair it looked okay long. Here it is 8 months ‘’prior to surgery:

1507BD7C-59CB-4BAE-A127-D3D5AE7A45CF.jpeg.8bfa5253f2e1b2034c52e79156382574.jpeg

• Administrators

This is absolutely incredible. You should seriously consider creating a patient website. A lot of guys researching Dr. Gabel would really benefit from it. https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1DE91B01-C405-4CB5-9530-57C0A1BA49F3.thumb.jpeg.59fd11957ae8eb54c01d95e735db1146.jpeg

here’s my hair wet. I’m hoping the hairs thicken up more as it’s very noticeable due to thickness of native hair and I still have to spend a long time to conceal the right side so it doesn’t appear thin, as I still did prior to transplant

here is a good one 3-4 months after transplant and now:

(my hair caliber must be decent because my hair looked noticeably balding when buzzed short):

EA9DF40E-ACAC-4B28-A6A1-EA5463C26896.thumb.jpeg.48cc0e2320dd8a8ba349518ac15f0acf.jpeg

B9B475BE-5F71-4A8B-B157-2936B4E1CE25.thumb.jpeg.c3f0a4452b3ce05463bc4d9eb86a34b7.jpeg