Fue dr gabel 1500-1600 grafts

17 hours ago, Curlinginthesquatrack said:

Win200 I have seen your posts on a lot of other gabel related promo, blog, as well as advertising   Another procedure of his.

for full disclosure, did dr gabel provide a comp surgery or discount for surgery?

No comp whatsoever.  A couple things: a) I don't have any privacy concerns about showing my face and whatnot, and b) Dr. G spent a lot of time with me for four years before I paid him a dime, so I felt grateful for his time and patience and didn't mind doing and post and a promotional video for his IG.  No comp, no discount.  The only thing I got was that when I came up in December to drive a friend to his surgery, Dr. G let me try his EmSculpt machine for free while I waited for my buddy to finish his FUE.  There was no discussion of that prior to or on the day of my hair procedure, and I paid full price for my hair transplant.

23 minutes ago, Aftermath said:

Yeah? I though Rahal offered free touch ups when he fails to get the desired yield?

He does and he did make that offer to me, but I wanted to work with Dr. G after being acquainted with him for years, I thought Dr. G was best-positioned to do the follow-up work, and his proximity to Seattle was a huge draw.

1 hour ago, win200 said:

No comp whatsoever.  A couple things: a) I don't have any privacy concerns about showing my face and whatnot, and b) Dr. G spent a lot of time with me for four years before I paid him a dime, so I felt grateful for his time and patience and didn't mind doing and post and a promotional video for his IG.  No comp, no discount.  The only thing I got was that when I came up in December to drive a friend to his surgery, Dr. G let me try his EmSculpt machine for free while I waited for my buddy to finish his FUE.  There was no discussion of that prior to or on the day of my hair procedure, and I paid full price for my hair transplant.

Thanks so much for this post win. Everything you post is always well explained. I really appreciate your input and advice. Congrats on your hair and work with dr gabel - you look amazing.

Patience is the key.  It truly takes 12-18 months to see full results.  Nice work Doctor! Hopefully you are doing some medical therapy to help you retain the native stuff.  (Propecia, Rogaine, PRP, Laser).

On 7/22/2019 at 12:59 PM, Curlinginthesquatrack said:

This is when the hair is combed and dry.  

...My donor looks good and my recovery was fine. How I feel about the look of my hair after surgery is one thing but I wasn’t botched.

@Curlinginthesquatrack I see what you mean. While your front looks good, the lack of density around the area of the temples is frustrating. You probably want to wait out the whole 1.5 years, let the hair mature and normalize, before deciding on the next step.

Like you, I did 1,600 grafts via FUT covering a similar total area. I went through a shed on months 9 and 10. My hair became normal, as against being stringy, on month 11.  I estimate that from months 11 to 18, I sprouted 10%-15% new hair. (See pic below.)

P.S. Am on Fin .83/mg six days/wk (i.e. Proscar cut into 6 pcs),  Minox 5% once/day, Laser Cap 2x/wk,  Multi B Vitamins (100mg)

zMonth18.jpg.67d8ede2beb3d7977bee2922f50

Edited by fortuneplant
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, fortuneplant said:

@Curlinginthesquatrack I see what you mean. While your front looks good, the lack of density around the area of the temples is frustrating. You probably want to wait out the whole 1.5 years, let the hair mature and normalize, before deciding on the next step.

Like you, I did 1,600 grafts via FUT covering a similar total area. I went through a shed on months 9 and 10. My hair became normal, as against being stringy, on month 11.  I estimate that from months 11 to 18, I sprouted 10%-15% new hair. (See pic below.)

P.S. Am on Fin .83/mg six days/wk (i.e. Proscar cut into 6 pcs),  Minox 5% once/day, Laser Cap 2x/wk,  Multi B Vitamins (100mg)

zMonth18.jpg.67d8ede2beb3d7977bee2922f50

Awesome. Appreciate the advice and knowledge. 

• 2 weeks later...

Even though I wanted it longer, I am considering shaving my head. Hiding the thinness of the temples with my native hair thickness and short hair is too challenging and longer the hair is the more unpredictable it becomes depending on the type of hair day I Am having and I have to keep brushing it over the right side.

below shows both temples. I am very happy  with the left side temple . It blends decently with native hair and has enough density to be combed and parted.

The right side is still thin from beginning of hairline to temples.

I am going to try and see dr gabel next month so he can give me an expert opinion.

8A1A6F7D-E4FB-4159-A9B9-CA6761969356.thumb.jpeg.75ec492a271b3ea047aa31a4b3771728.jpeg

C97E31C4-C1C4-4FC9-BBBA-B7F588CED823.thumb.jpeg.4ae8f5414c749a10183a637737f5e030.jpeg

64E20C8B-742B-4226-A55D-9C107803C5C3.thumb.jpeg.4b575a926605fdf73772a0afa66ea3ae.jpeg

67C69E2E-0552-4121-9D56-6974B7A5653A.thumb.jpeg.f740047611bc26a2be82573523719094.jpeg

4BD3422A-0EF5-4050-990E-579D3EA76777.thumb.jpeg.1d3a17f2417e800049e424a198a0881a.jpeg

Edited by Curlinginthesquatrack

Ur transplant turning out like mine .. overall good .. but one side is lacking density .. it defeats the purpose of having a hair transplant if one side looks great n the other side is okay .. 

especially when it’s the hairline .. u see it everyday n it’s going to bug u for the rest of your life . I hope doctor Gabel fixes ya . 

Other than that side ,. Ur hair looks great .. lots of density of ur native hair ..  u likely won’t go bald .. 

Edited by Legend007

Not trying to condescend to anyone, but this is a normal and acceptable outcome.  When you're building a new hairline on virgin scalp, so to speak, it's incredibly difficult--and sometimes impossible--to get a native-appearing density on the first pass.  Especially when, as is the case for this patient, you have relatively pale skin against dark hair.  It's just a limitation of how densely you can implant in one surgery.  This happened to me and I got another pass that made it flawless.  Plastic surgery isn't magic; there are practical and physiological limitations that even the best surgeons butt up against.  Get 200-300 FUE grafts and this will be outstanding.  No harm, no foul.  Gabel is a great guy and he'll take care of you.  He's one of the most ethical guys in the business and he'll stand behind his work.  

• Like 3

• Administrators

^wise words

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Aftermath said:

The one side looks ridiculously good! Do you think it was a case of an inexperienced tech implanting on the one side?

The main tech actually did the left side.

dr gabel did most of the right, from what I can remember lying down. I could be wrong though - perhaps a tech assisted him on that side when he left the surgical room at times. Not 100% certain. 

i also agree - the left looks great - especially styled. Thanks.

58 minutes ago, win200 said:

Not trying to condescend to anyone, but this is a normal and acceptable outcome.  When you're building a new hairline on virgin scalp, so to speak, it's incredibly difficult--and sometimes impossible--to get a native-appearing density on the first pass.  Especially when, as is the case for this patient, you have relatively pale skin against dark hair.  It's just a limitation of how densely you can implant in one surgery.  This happened to me and I got another pass that made it flawless.  Plastic surgery isn't magic; there are practical and physiological limitations that even the best surgeons butt up against.  Get 200-300 FUE grafts and this will be outstanding.  No harm, no foul.  Gabel is a great guy and he'll take care of you.  He's one of the most ethical guys in the business and he'll stand behind his work.  

This I know. I had a very good impression of dr gabel during our email conversations and consult before surgery.

i plan to see him in the next month or so. 

I Will update at the 12 month period (this is 11 months out) before then.

thanks legend. I have been back on finestaride for some time and hope to preserve what I have (unless I get negative symptoms from it).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Almost a year out. Below is with the hair back to show what hairline is like. 

I was hoping pulling it back would hide the thinness but unless it’s perfectly combed over it appears very thin.

my hair really hasn’t gotten any denser since month 4.

I do also wish my hairline was a little more even/symmetrical instead of off lower one side and temple points being worked on, which I was told would blend fine when longer.

However, my main concern is the lack of density on the temples and hairline. From where the hair was transplanted in front to the back area. I would be happy if this where full and even both sides.

15988A8E-E32E-4FA2-B500-A5F2560A9277.thumb.jpeg.a7eefe6fb6a66e8bfb9411b18ec2a94c.jpeg5E8973C5-EE69-47A7-855D-3DB2E47DBC76.thumb.jpeg.9819babb928429af63352f0861bce8f6.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Just had my one year appointment with Dr Gabel a few weeks ago.

I was told that nearly all grafts have grown. Any that he thinks have not, he would fix those few grafts up at no cost if I decide to go through with and pay to have another procedure with him.

The areas I had concerns with is apparently further native loss of hair beyond the transplanted area and is causing the bald spot/thin area, according to Dr Gabel.

I have some thinness on both transplanted temples but the right side actually has a near bald area. C3FB9F50-B53F-43FB-A06C-3812AD541C84.thumb.png.b00c8e3d7d7f745d6dc45f33aa22fa67.png

9EED9EA3-9682-4423-AEB6-61A47BB6F0C1.thumb.png.a08cd6e2b183fbf019aa99cef3e59f75.png

BA290DC1-6089-495E-8FC4-D7B136AAE700.thumb.jpeg.b772382f7b73a0a4bed51540b8182495.jpegE53A95FA-C612-4BFB-B4CC-03EF94C037F2.thumb.jpeg.888ffb1717e12d64aa31dcf7bc8dae76.jpeg

However, I have had slow hair loss over the years and noticed the areas of concern after the hairs grew back in post transplant (two months in). 

it easily looks to me, tracing up my temple points to native hairline in the pictures, that grafts were actually placed within the area I have issues with - because that’s where the balding was taking place - the whole of the temples of the hairline - and looking at pictures/from what I remember pre $ post surgery.

I emailed dr gabel regarding the above and did not hear back.

My partner says that they didn’t notice my thinning hairline before because I had my hair long (and it’s thick) but it was noticeable when I had it cut very short on top and she saw the temples had receded badly.

partner also said the transplant looks natural when I have it styled but any time I don’t take time to really style away the thinness or take off my hat, they comment about how it looks ‘off’ or  weird. I think they mean they can see the thin/sparse areas and just don’t want to hurt feelings and come out and say so.

I will also say I am still concerned having my hair short like months 3-6 because of the thinness in areas and needing to push other hair over the thin temples.

I told Dr Gabel I am up and down on my results. I really want both to be happy with the result.. 

overall, as of now: I am finding myself disappointed with my near final results. 

I do not mind that my hairline has a mature shape to it and not a lowered or slightly straighter shaped hairline.... if I had good coverage in the temples.

Dr Gabel is a great guy, surgeon & his staff and facility are fantastic. I am overall, with everything considered, just not pleased with my results. 

I will continue to take finasteride and update on any progress.

• Administrators

It's hard to say, when I look back at the pictures in the first page, it does look like the recession has crept up a bit, at the same time, your issues are in that overall area. I will say that I do believe Dr. Gabel, that all of the grafts have grown. I just think you need more grafts to be satisfied. Not a lot maybe another 700 grafts.

Personally, I think it looks great, no one would notice. I'm pretty sure if I started complaining about my hair transplant to my gf she would say it looks off too, you could have a tiny stain on your shirt that no one would notice, unless you point it out. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

He has a pretty big area where no hairs grew .. it might look okay now .. but when he recedes further .. that small area where no hair grew won’t be able to cover up the future recession .. so he’s going to require another hair transplant sooner than later .. quite honestly .. I think he has a good transplant .. his body n hair characteristics are good . N one side grew great . So u can’t blame the patient or his body for one side not growing as well . I think dr gabel owes him a few hundred grafts to make the patient happy .. it’s all about making the patient happy in the end .or having them feel it’s good enough n move on .  Well it depends on the clinic I guess, n how they want their representation to be . 

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

He has a pretty big area where no hairs grew .. it might look okay now .. but when he recedes further .. that small area where no hair grew won’t be able to cover up the future recession .. so he’s going to require another hair transplant sooner than later .. quite honestly .. I think he has a good transplant .. his body n hair characteristics are good . N one side grew great . So u can’t blame the patient or his body for one side not growing as well . I think dr gabel owes him a few hundred grafts to make the patient happy .. it’s all about making the patient happy in the end .or having them feel it’s good enough n move on .  Well it depends on the clinic I guess, n how they want their representation to be . 

Legend you're back haha been waiting on your update too. I do agree, it is all about making the patient happy, so I would be surprised if Dr. Gabel, didn't offer to a free touch-upto add grafts to that side to make him happy. 

• Thanks 1

View my thread

Yeah Melvin I’m still around :) this my only hair forum I go to .. heheh I’m loyal .. 

but yeah u the man Melvin .. much better than bill .. u got better communication skills ..I know because I’m a communication major .. u see both sides .. it’s not an easy job to do . Representing the clinics and helping the patient at the same time . .. much respect ..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

It's hard to say, when I look back at the pictures in the first page, it does look like the recession has crept up a bit, at the same time, your issues are in that overall area. I will say that I do believe Dr. Gabel, that all of the grafts have grown. I just think you need more grafts to be satisfied. Not a lot maybe another 700 grafts.

Personally, I think it looks great, no one would notice. I'm pretty sure if I started complaining about my hair transplant to my gf she would say it looks off too, you could have a tiny stain on your shirt that no one would notice, unless you point it out. 

Thanks for your honest opinion Melvin. Spouse commented a couple of times. It was random and I was not making comments about my hair at the time. 

I have not actually brought up my personal struggle with my HT because I know they would be upset if I mentioned it. 

Legend, thank you for your reply. I do agree with you on the one side of my hair. I can run my hand through it and it falls perfectly, good coverage and layering that’s sits nicely, naturally. 

The right side has the gap and thinness running down the length of it, so it can all sit rather limp that side, exposed scalp in the gap area and I find that Styling it to feel comfortable with it, short or long, is hard because of these factors:

Given your time-frame now, I do get your concern, I would hope that Dr Gabel offered you a touch-up in the area of concern without being contingent on you spending additional money to add more grafts elsewhere. When styled it does look good, but don’t let it sress you out, I would feel comfortable going back to Gable and letting him do a touch-up to make me satisfied...without a contingency that I spend more money that is, as that wouldn’t be good customer/patient service imho.....unless you plan to get more HT work elsewhere on your scalp anyway.

Edited by CosmoKramer