Fue dr gabel 1500-1600 grafts

1,500-1,600 grafts (750-800 in each side) will never be as equal as your naitive hair, to get close to that kind of density you would probably need another 1k-1,500 grafts (500-750 in each side) it’s just the  reality of it. Saying that I think your last photo you posted of your hair dry & styled looks fantastic.

That’s why I am unhappy. I went in expecting 2,000 grafts and was told 1,500 would be what was needed. I fully went in to pay and have 2,000 or more grafts as originally discussed.

I asked if density would be full and I could part and style my hair easily on any direction with that amount.

Fair enough.

Look at it this way...it gives you the opportunity for a good result when you reach 12-18 months and have the ability to use another 1k-1,500 grafts with the same doc or a different one to really fill in and be able to densily pack the areas you would like with another procedure, because, even if Dr Gable would have done 2,500 or 3k grafts for you, there could have been a chance that some grafts would not have survived due to competition for blood supply and your grafts and money would have been wasted. Is it a bitch to want more knowing you could have got more and were ready for it, yes, but I’d take that over having a doctor over harvest my grafts to pack into areas and then not have some grafts survive.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Looks like you had shock or just lost more hair.  Are you on meds?  The bald portion behind the hairline does not look like the main point of operation. Glad you can get it looking good but hope you can get it where you dont need concealer. 

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Talk to Dr Gabel and see what he says. He is a good doc and a solid guy. I think it could to a combo if low grafts, shock, and further loss. I wouldn't be happy at this point, but you have tile and you dont need a repair.  

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Dude got a Homerun result .. he should be paying dr gabel more money .  Look at ur before n after.. I don’t think u realize how great a result u got with such a  low number of graft .. seems like everything grew . N u had  thick hair so it really made a great cosmetic difference .. 

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

@Curlinginthesquatrack 

I’m actually a bit shocked you’re not satisfied with your results. I mean it looks incredible. Most people would kill to have your hair. That said, please contact your surgeon, he’s a great guy one of the nicest surgeons I’ve ever met.

C682A176-5DA7-41AC-AADC-A62276CE8989.jpeg

• Thanks 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I’d agree that your hair looks great in the latest pic but also I realize that pictures sometimes do not capture everything so let’s give the op the benefit of the doubt as he knows his hair best. 

Ive heard nothing but great stuff about gabel and it looks like you got a great yield. I’d reach out to him with your concerns though 

• Thanks 1

Sorry. My intention was not to act displeased with my results or talk negatively about my doctor!

i should rephrase how i feel. I am thrilled I no longer have to comb down my hair to hide recession in the corners and can now style back or side. It is natural, had no complications and an not unhappy as I may have come across.

My concern was with the density, mostly on the right side. 

I posted my short hair so that people can see the recession. When my hair is long, as also posted, I could hide it with length and still have the middle thicker pre transplant.

i could see I had that classic Jude law hair (strong middle and weak temples) approaching my future and it was getting harder to hide.

the transplant has made a huge difference for me. I just wish I had more grafts up front corners where the recession was.

i want to say that Dr Gabel is one of the only doctors I contacted to reply in person with all contact. The office, his staff, everyone was fantastic on the day of surgery. He goes above and beyond with that.

i do not want it to seem like I am unhappy with this process.

I also want to give it a full year before considering anything else.

i have attached pictures of my hair dry and without product and then styled with product to show the right sides density.

i feel like a full home run will be hit if I can get density there.37F9090B-60DA-42DC-B94E-EBBBCC1EBE13.thumb.jpeg.75ea673e27cb194fe238f1866a117c31.jpeg03C101FC-4316-4FF7-B479-D95EB5B643CA.thumb.jpeg.4608903285cdb767f8f5b4262f5d5a09.jpeg084BA056-BB5B-45F3-9008-58965E09064E.thumb.jpeg.936c4658a3cefe5d21524f08f236b880.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Well, not sure if it was shock loss or just grafts not yet/won’t grow.

seems looking at before and after, the thin areas are at the front to the back of where the grafts were added and not related to shock loss.

My native hair caliber is very thick, which combined with grafts that grew, can hold it together when styled back but even just a simple comb or finger and you can see the thinness of the right side.

again, hoping this resolves around the 9-12 month mark.

22B0C539-94E1-401C-845A-3E9376B17BAB.thumb.png.5e0782ec50f825a23a6d32f9a3fbf286.png

8A163A1C-333F-4A48-B76B-5B3B2883D742.thumb.jpeg.cb389c922f29e6d5afd078e8644a9782.jpeg

493E343E-4DF7-4CCA-9CA0-FCE95B1DBC11.thumb.jpeg.07817e4fe4daa0f4feebb0c61df2ea16.jpeg

Edited by Curlinginthesquatrack

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 4:50 PM, Curlinginthesquatrack said:

This is it dry. I can part some of the middle hair in a comb over to conceal but the reason for the transplant was styling options, not having to spend time concealing hair, etc.

some days look better than others. Trying not to get too worried still only 6 months in,

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 8:55 AM, Curlinginthesquatrack said:

Sorry. My intention was not to act displeased with my results or talk negatively about my doctor!

i should rephrase how i feel. I am thrilled I no longer have to comb down my hair to hide recession in the corners and can now style back or side. It is natural, had no complications and an not unhappy as I may have come across.

My concern was with the density, mostly on the right side. 

I posted my short hair so that people can see the recession. When my hair is long, as also posted, I could hide it with length and still have the middle thicker pre transplant.

i could see I had that classic Jude law hair (strong middle and weak temples) approaching my future and it was getting harder to hide.

the transplant has made a huge difference for me. I just wish I had more grafts up front corners where the recession was.

i want to say that Dr Gabel is one of the only doctors I contacted to reply in person with all contact. The office, his staff, everyone was fantastic on the day of surgery. He goes above and beyond with that.

i do not want it to seem like I am unhappy with this process.

I also want to give it a full year before considering anything else.

i have attached pictures of my hair dry and without product and then styled with product to show the right sides density.

i feel like a full home run will be hit if I can get density there.

Who cares if you can see through it when you comb it? It looks good when you have it styled and it looks normal when you don't comb it. Most people won't notice/ look hard enough and study your hair for minor differences. You achieved your goal, enjoy it! Change your perspective from: wanting and hoping for added thickness TO enjoying what you have.

You've come a long way. You got what you set out to get (not having to conceal hair), and achieved it in under 9 months! 

Maybe other members and I have the wrong idea with the updates, but the updates feel negative. It doesn't come across as happy. If you broke your arm, and just wanted it fixed, I feel that you would bemoan that your arm doesn't feel like it used to. You got the function back for your hair. Live in the moment.

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

• Like 1

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/20/2019 at 8:39 PM, Spanker said:

Are you on meds?  

On 5/21/2019 at 8:55 AM, Curlinginthesquatrack said:

03C101FC-4316-4FF7-B479-D95EB5B643CA.thumb.jpeg.4608903285cdb767f8f5b4262f5d5a09.jpeg

Are you on finasteride or dutasteride, keto, minox?

It does look stringy when combed down. Retrospectively, you could have probably used more dense packing if it stays at this level but give it some time (up to 12 mo) to see if more grafts are hiding.

Edited by bismarck

11 hours ago, bismarck said:

It does look stringy when combed down. Retrospectively, you could have probably used more dense packing if it stays at this level but give it some time (up to 12 mo) to see if more grafts are hiding.

Thanks. Totally giving it a full 12 months. My surgery was a great experience on the day and very professional throughout. 

The picture is not even when combed down. It is when I don’t put product in it and just brush my hair lightly to the side or down. 

Attached are pictures wet, brushed with hand and pulled back to show gaps.

Not lowering the hairline is totally understandable and realistic given my age but I was hoping for a hairline that went across without thinness in temples or with gaps.

E59F8C77-F9C5-4492-AC76-21669A640D5B.thumb.jpeg.488a02631af29c032717532d8c8e7a69.jpeg

52A03D5A-D56C-4A8A-91A8-815FD489270F.thumb.jpeg.dd203311cb182d2aa3cecf1f883c8339.jpeg

1F000889-2B90-4D5C-8FE4-7F82EF55CA0C.thumb.jpeg.796d3a7390e6978ea08e51ceb6eb665b.jpeg

Left side (below) thin but with less gaps.

55F3B62C-9B7F-4860-B45C-9FC655A3E0DD.thumb.jpeg.836291666358050f1cd1b872c183a466.jpeg

11 hours ago, bismarck said:

I got off meds 4 months in because I felt bad sides that I had when previously taken fin but trying again, we’ll see.

with shock loss, we didn’t transplant much into area that had A lot of hair.

Most of the thin area happens to be where I didn’t have much hair to begin with.

9 hours ago, Curlinginthesquatrack said:

Thanks. Totally giving it a full 12 months. My surgery was a great experience on the day and very professional throughout. 

The picture is not even when combed down. It is when I don’t put product in it and just brush my hair lightly to the side or down. 

Attached are pictures wet, brushed with hand and pulled back to show gaps.

Not lowering the hairline is totally understandable and realistic given my age but I was hoping for a hairline that went across without thinness in temples or with gaps.

E59F8C77-F9C5-4492-AC76-21669A640D5B.thumb.jpeg.488a02631af29c032717532d8c8e7a69.jpeg

52A03D5A-D56C-4A8A-91A8-815FD489270F.thumb.jpeg.dd203311cb182d2aa3cecf1f883c8339.jpeg

1F000889-2B90-4D5C-8FE4-7F82EF55CA0C.thumb.jpeg.796d3a7390e6978ea08e51ceb6eb665b.jpeg

Left side (below) thin but with less gaps.

55F3B62C-9B7F-4860-B45C-9FC655A3E0DD.thumb.jpeg.836291666358050f1cd1b872c183a466.jpeg

Do you know the density that was transplanted? What had dr gabels input been toward your concerns?

8 hours ago, Recedinggenes said:

Do you think you needed more grafts? 

That’s one thing I like about h and w is they really fill in the hairline with a lot of grafts and get stellar results. Hope it thickens out for yah mate

I had initially been quoted at 2,000 grafts, which I still felt was low/average when googling results at that amount.

i was told 1,500 would be enough due to hair caliber.

i had emailed H&w initially but I did not like their email response - it was very unprofessional looking and made me go straight with dr gabel (he responded to his own email).

i have noticed dense results with h&w, yes.

3 hours ago, jj51702 said:

Do you know the density that was transplanted? What had dr gabels input been toward your concerns?

I do not know density transplanted. I was told the 1590 grafts would be enough for good density. I emailed a few months ago. The response was to give it 16 months. 

On 5/19/2019 at 5:55 AM, CosmoKramer said:

Fair enough.

Look at it this way...it gives you the opportunity for a good result when you reach 12-18 months and have the ability to use another 1k-1,500 grafts with the same doc or a different one to really fill in and be able to densily pack the areas you would like with another procedure, because, even if Dr Gable would have done 2,500 or 3k grafts for you, there could have been a chance that some grafts would not have survived due to competition for blood supply and your grafts and money would have been wasted. Is it a bitch to want more knowing you could have got more and were ready for it, yes, but I’d take that over having a doctor over harvest my grafts to pack into areas and then not have some grafts survive.

This is really good advice. I've noticed many of these mega sessions lately look quite average. Although OP wanted 2000, it still gives him an opportunity to go back and get another 1000 in the area of question and it will be phenomenal. I'd rather that than 3000 in one session with 50% failing due to lack of blood supply.

On 6/19/2019 at 11:21 PM, Jamothee said:

This is really good advice. I've noticed many of these mega sessions lately look quite average. Although OP wanted 2000, it still gives him an opportunity to go back and get another 1000 in the area of question and it will be phenomenal. I'd rather that than 3000 in one session with 50% failing due to lack of blood supply.

I understand what you’re saying. However, I don’t think 2000-2400 is considered a mega session. 

H&w just posted a new patient in clinic results 2500 grafts. Similar density pre transplant but fuller and denser post. Did forelock and temples.

Going to give it year... of course... but no changes since months 6-7.DD91D961-8B97-4D00-8B39-E5942F7AEBAA.thumb.png.9d715271ecefa2c876587ec8877c5559.png2EE2B21F-B317-455F-98A9-05143DA3C8D3.thumb.jpeg.6610e514181e6f079ba622a0b64bb459.jpeg