Hair Transplant Surgery and The "Illusion of Density"

• Administrators

This topic was recently brought up again. I had created a thread a few months back showing my hair in abysmal conditions. Had I told the forum that the result was a failure, the entire forum would have rallied behind me claiming that the doctors head should be on a platter. The truth is, while my result is an "illusion" it is a great result. In fact, my life has been completely changed because of this result. However, it is not perfect and no one undergoing surgical hair restoration should think that they can achieve perfection.

Hair Transplant Surgery and The "Illusion of Density"

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Although it's not something we would like to accept but its is the harsh reality I guess. There is no way in this world  discovered yet to give you back the same dense hair like a teenager :) 

I'm going with Dr. Bhatti next week,  hoping he's a master in creating this "illusion" based on my condition.

Edited by HLPToronto

HLPToronto,

You’ll be in great hands and I’m sure he will definitely create an excellent illusion of density for you. But even though it may not be true and density from your teenage years, if you have realistic expectations, you can be very satisfied with a hair transplant. Most people think I never lost any hair or at least only have mild thinning in the crown whereas without my procedures, I would be fully bald. 

So it really does work when you pick an excellent surgeon. 

Best,

Bill

12 hours ago, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

HLPToronto,

You’ll be in great hands and I’m sure he will definitely create an excellent illusion of density for you. But even though it may not be true and density from your teenage years, if you have realistic expectations, you can be very satisfied with a hair transplant. Most people think I never lost any hair or at least only have mild thinning in the crown whereas without my procedures, I would be fully bald. 

So it really does work when you pick an excellent surgeon. 

Best,

Bill

Thanks for providing some positive hope Bill. It certainly helps to know that Dr. Bhatti is considered an excellent surgeon.

I guess realistically in most cases, crowns could never achieve a good density again. Not sure why :(