3500 FUE Grafts – Scheduled with Dr. Bhatti (Darling Buds) on 18th March 2019 :)

1 hour ago, Gabreille Nelson Mukhia said:

It has been wrongly thought and propagated by some people that Direct hair transplantation (DHT) is impossible to perform and those claiming to perform DHT are actually not doing simultaneous extraction and implantation. However, that's not true.

This idea was first conceived, and published by Dr Arika Bansal and Dr Pradeep Sethi. 

The publication link is mentioned below:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3764754/

They have been able to demonstrate this technique through live surgery workshops at various conferences. 

1. Chandigarh CUTICON 2013

2. Kolkata ACSICON 2015

3. ACSI live surgery workshop in hair transplant was conducted at Eugenix in April, 2019.

They have also demonstrated to this technique to various doctors coming to Eugenix for training, fellowship programs and workshops.

Infact, Eugenix became the first centre to be accredited for training fellows by the National Dermatology Society (IADVL).

Dr Pradeep is a professor of Hair transplant surgery at DY Patil University and involved actively in research and technology development related to the field of hair transplant. 

The unique idea of making the recipient sites beforehand and then doing extraction & implantation simultaneously has actually enabled them to reduce the out of body time drastically. Moreover, the unique implantation method by using implanters in pre made sites, we are able to implant in any position. This enables extraction and implantation to go on simultaneously in lateral positions (both right and left) and prone position.

Thanks for the additional input Nelson :) 

Eugenix is doing some good work and I always appreciate clinical researchers who think out of the box, takes an initiative and invent a new method.

It clearly demonstrates  that these doctors are driven by what they do. They have the passion to discover new ideas and methodologies. 

Dr Konior

hasson and wong

Dr Rahal

Dr Bhatti

Dr Sethi and Dr bansal 

everyone have something in common, they tweaked the process (major/minor changes) from different perspectives.

But DHI itself a new process, so KUDOS to Eugenix if they really invented DHI.

I am not going to go into a debate is DHI is great, good, average or not impressive. 

what  I am saying is If Eugenix is the first clinic in the world to create DHT with choi pen technique, then they deserve recognition just for trying even. Do you know for a fact that DHT is invented by Dr Sethi and Dr bansal...... is there a global forum/certificate... not trying to question the validity of this great initiative but i am curious by nature :) i tried to research myself for weeks on DHI/DHT before i settled with traditional Dr Bhatti tweaked FUE with PRP + a stem cell solution 

I am  still not sure about the exact difference between DHI and DHT lol ......

15 minutes ago, Lennney said:

I can research it more), but perhaps his method of suspending the hairs is different and worse than the current methods Bhatti uses (and by extension, other docs use)

Thanks Lennney for additional insight :)   

• 1 month later...

@HLPToronto Hey man, first of all congratulations on what already looks to be a very successful hair transplant. All of the photos you've posted show excellent progress. Looks very promising indeed.

Although I'll be having my HT with Eugenix next year, I'm still an admirer of Dr Bhatti, and as strange as this sounds, I'm also a fan of his patients -- you guys all have a healthy and positive outlook, which is something that I think is somewhat underrated factor when it comes to good results. I look forward to following the rest of your journey to regrowth.

Also, I've seen a few comments here regarding DHI and DHT. At first even I presumed that they were the same thing... but upon looking into it further, Eugenix's DHT technique probably sits somewhere in between FUE and DHI. 

I think all of Dr Bhatti's points regarding DHI are valid.

DHI does not involve making slits in the recipient area prior to grafts being implanted -- folicles are extracted, placed into an implanter pen, and then kind of punched into the recipient area with the implanter pen. And so as well as the procedure being quicker, DHI probably does have the advantage of causing less overall trauma to the scalp. But as Dr Bhatti has correctly pointed out, that process is extremely taxing on the doctor and requires an insane amount of skill... because with every graft, the doctor has to get implanting angles and spacing correct pretty much on the go, graft by graft, and that too whilst the patient doesn't always have their head in the easiest position to work on.

Eugenix's DHT procedure requires slits to be made to the recipient area by the doctor first. Then with the slits already done, grafts are implanted within minutes of extraction. The "simultaneous" aspect in DHT is extraction and implanting (as opposed to extraction, making slits, and implanting). Therefore, the point regarding the essential dedicated time for making slits being eliminated, getting angles for slits correct, patient head position being awkward, etc, doesn't really apply to DHT. 

That's kind of why I personally think of the DHT procedure as being more of a modification of FUE rather than a modification of DHI.

Anyway man, back to your HT... I'm thinking positive for you, and I'm excited in advance for you. I think your 12 month results are going to be awesome! :D

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, LeftHook said:

Eugenix's DHT procedure requires slits to be made to the recipient area by the doctor first. Then with the slits already done, grafts are implanted within minutes of extraction. The "simultaneous" aspect in DHT is extraction and implanting (as opposed to extraction, making slits, and implanting). Therefore, the point regarding the essential dedicated time for making slits being eliminated, getting angles for slits correct, patient head position being awkward, etc, doesn't really apply to DHT. 

That's kind of why I personally think of the DHT procedure as being more of a modification of FUE rather than a modification of DHI.

Anyway man, back to your HT... I'm thinking positive for you, and I'm excited in advance for you. I think your 12 month results are going to be awesome! :D

Thank you LeftHook . I appreciate the kind words and positive outlook from your side as well :) 

This really clarifies for me - DHI vs FUE vs DHT which was always a grey area, I am sure you've made a conscious decision to go with Eugenix DHT procedure. They seem to be producing some remarkable results as well

I wish you all the best. Please share your journey as well; its everyone's thread here that we learn something more and more reg HT science, experiences and results.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@HLPToronto Great words. I rate you very highly for that, brother.

At the end of the day, whichever surgeon or clinic any HT patient chooses, they're still in pretty much the same boat as all other HT patients on this forum, in that we're all trying to improve our appearance, and we all require a bit of luck (because even with the best doctors, sometimes individual scalps just don't take well to HTs). Therefore it only makes sense for all of us to treat one another with respect, admiration, and best wishing for having taken the plunge which so many don't have the guts or motivation to do. This community, at its best, is like a massive extended family. It's great to see your contributions to the forum, and I certainly look forward to following suit and giving back to the community once my HT is done :)

Dr Bhatti's celebrity clients in India (especially the Punjabi movie and music industry) are very impressive -- these celebrities have the money to get their HTs done anywhere on the planet, and with any doctor they want, yet they choose Darling Buds/Five Rivers... and that itself is a testament to the trust and respect that Dr Bhatti commands. Furthermore, I've only seen positive words for the likes of Shera for his assistance to patients throughout their journey. Hence why I am always on the lookout to see new threads from his patients. 

I have to say though, when I saw your one month photo I was taken aback a little with the extent of what looked like shock loss to native hairs... but after scrolling down and seeing the 3 month photos, the smile came back even quicker than it had left. It just shows what's possible when a master of the art has done their work well, and when the patient has followed instructions to the letter and maintained a positive and powerful mindset. When it gets to the 12-18 month mark, and the hairs mature and the density builds up, I think your results could be one of those that others consider to be miraculous. It's going to be awesome!

As Melvin likes to day... Happy growing! :)

• Like 3

12 hours ago, LeftHook said:

I have to say though, when I saw your one month photo I was taken aback a little with the extent of what looked like shock loss to native hairs... but after scrolling down and seeing the 3 month photos, the smile came back even quicker than it had left. It just shows what's possible when a master of the art has done their work well, and when the patient has followed instructions to the letter and maintained a positive and powerful mindset. When it gets to the 12-18 month mark, and the hairs mature and the density builds up, I think your results could be one of those that others consider to be miraculous. It's going to be awesome!

@LeftHookYour best wishes are  much appreciated and thanks for the positive feedback regarding my journey so far :)

Sharing my 4.5 month pics below - clicked today, few taken in my car, few at home  its not even six months but I am  satisfied with these pics Please note:  I used baby shampoo, then I blow dry using high heat  and sprinkled just a bit of toppik ONLY around the crown area :) 

Frontal hairline, mid vertex is all natural as I hate if others  notice any dark concealer in those areas,   its quite evident for naked eyes easily.  Another reason is that I strongly feel in 4.5 months, my frontal section doesn't need any type of concealer whatsoever at all now and its getting thick by the day... its looks decent enough that at work, tons of people mentioned good words about my hair today, especially thicker, natural hairline and no scalp visibility as before ( it was horrible as NW grade 5 A )

I am heavily using  warm coconut oil, deeply massaging, leaving overnight and also using rice water spray ( ancient Chinese/Asian technique )  for faster, stronger growth..... I hope in the next few months - I am done with  Toppik once for all. 

Pics were taken during the day , it was a good sunny day.... Your expert thoughts please ? Because only 2nd pair of eyes reflect true picture in these cases :)

4.51.jpg

4.52.jpg

4.53.jpg

4.54.jpg

4.55.jpg

4.56.jpg

4.57.jpg

• Like 3

for comparison, 4.5 month pic with deep coconut oil massage, 2 days no water on hair ( i avoid shampoo, hairwash daily now) lots of oil here, it was dripping for the 1st hour makes hair look thin  with oily hair obviously

4.5 oil.jpg

Edited by HLPToronto
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Lennney said:

Very good stuff! Happy to see your results! Looks natural and full.

Thanks Lennney, following your footsteps just 2 months behind :)

Have you solidified your search for long term Biotin brand yet ? Please suggest as my minox, finastride and biotin meds will need  re stocking soon 

2 hours ago, HLPToronto said:

Thanks Lennney, following your footsteps just 2 months behind :)

Have you solidified your search for long term Biotin brand yet ? Please suggest as my minox, finastride and biotin meds will need  re stocking soon 

I went ahead and bought "nutricost 10,000mcg 240 pill" set. I put it in my watch list and it had an Amazon lightning deal. It went from $12.50 to 10.00. I was going to send you a message, but I was in rush, and I figured you'd rather research before you buy anyway.

For the FA, I'm looking at the "nature's bounty 800mcg 250 pills". It's $5.05 and holding. It seems like a good deal anyway. Maybe I take one or two pills and it lasts me 4 - 8 months (for $5.05), or I keep my dosage at 5k (6 pills) and it only comes to $10.10 for almost 3 months... I briefly checked both brands and didn't see any issues. I think they sell nature's bounty in my local grocery store for more, but it seems to be respectable enough for Mass market. Nutricost seemed legit enough too, making a lot of different supplements without any crazy stories coming out.

• Thanks 1

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

"nutricost 10,000mcg 240 pill"

Thanks, I will check it out as well. For biotin, its lots of brands on amazon - all looks promising lol 

nature's bounty 800mcg 250 pills

what is FA ?  what are these for.... 

Just Looking at pre HT pics  today ( taken by Dr Bhatti using his high resolution camera right before the surgery)  and now at 4.5 months,

I  feel very much satisfied with my decision today to go ahead with HT, getting in touch with Shera and selected Dr Bhatti :)

It was horrible before lol... can't imagine how /why I was living like that for a very long time 

pjimage (1).jpg

pjimage (2).jpg

IMG_20190807_1801379.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HLPToronto said:

Thanks, I will check it out as well. For biotin, its lots of brands on amazon - all looks promising lol 

what is FA ?  what are these for.... 

FA - Folic acid. It's another B vitamin like biotin. Why the hell did they name like 6 vitamins B? C'mon.

FA and biotin 5g&5g make up the tinfal we take. I was curious, at dosage, but like I said earlier, research showed positive results from .8g of FA. I think I'll just do 1.6g and call it good. 

• Like 1

Airfare guide

5 hours ago, HLPToronto said:

Just Looking at pre HT pics  today ( taken by Dr Bhatti using his high resolution camera right before the surgery)  and now at 4.5 months,

I  feel very much satisfied with my decision today to go ahead with HT, getting in touch with Shera and selected Dr Bhatti :)

It was horrible before lol... can't imagine how /why I was living like that for a very long time 

pjimage (1).jpg

pjimage (2).jpg

IMG_20190807_1801379.jpg

I might legit start using that coconut oil! Haha! 

Seriously, you'll look back on your life and use this procedure as a marker: things before and after this point. You look like another individual. You look 10-15 years younger. Of course you could have shaved it and resigned to hair loss, but choosing to keep a hairstyle with Bhatti's help was a great decision. Your results are nothing short of incredible. Awesome stuff, glad to have seen the transformation!

Edited by Lennney
Clarification
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Airfare guide

Incredible result with only 4.5 months in! Good for you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

Thanks everyone for your continued support and best wishes ( not for me alone but for each other on this incredibly supportive forum ) 

it definitely needs some motivation to go ahead, book/select a doctor and get this thing done. I now feel my life is changing slowly onwards.....  and today i would like to pass on my sincere thanks to Shera who pushed me to make this decision. 

A few words: I was always scared of brain surgery lol ...... so the core decision to go or a no go was the key element, results, growth comes afterwards..... i was always contemplating, for any of those who're on the fence for a very long time.....  find a client rep like this man who continues to support me , is in touch with me till this day. He never acted like a client rep, instead a friend, a brother,  provided honest advise, said keep expectations low, i am not in 20s anymore, rather hitting 40s soon and really pushed me to go for it ( not for the sale, but for the sake of mental health/life ) I know its too early for me to complete say thank you to darling buds team but overall, if it wasn't for Shera, i would've never even continued with the next step. Himself being a patient also, he showed me the entire roadmap and it helped me to relax a bit. Now, i am happy the deed was done so HT itself as a decision is truly life changing 

I also would like to thank this forum, moderators and everyone else contributing..... :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

FA - Folic acid. It's another B vitamin like biotin. Why the hell did they name like 6 vitamins B? C'mon.

FA and biotin 5g&5g make up the tinfal we take. I was curious, at dosage, but like I said earlier, research showed positive results from .8g of FA. I think I'll just do 1.6g and call it good. 

So we are taking a combination of both in one pill. I think we should continue taking 2in1 pill then. 

I hate too many tablets a day, if combo is available why to buy both separately  ?   

thanks Lennney 

You look 10-15 years younger. Of course you could have shaved it and resigned to hair loss, but choosing to keep a hairstyle with Bhatti's help was a great decision. Your results are nothing short of incredible. Awesome stuff, glad to have seen the transformation!

Thanks for your continued support and guidance 

I might legit start using that coconut oil! Haha! 

I have dandruff issue on scalp since childhood, it also helps clear that , 

More over i think its killing 2 birds with one stone - whenever we massage minoxi, then coconut oil, then rice water, then baby shampoo.... a few times a day, we end up massaging our scalp.

Whether these liquids do anything or not lol that's a mystery but i think running fingers for each of those 10 min sessions, helps circulating scalp skin for blood flow quite a few times a day each day over and over again, i think that helps more than oil, minoxidil as that is the by product of this entire process but an effective one :)

Edited by HLPToronto
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HLPToronto said:

Thanks for your continued support and guidance 

I have dandruff issue on scalp since childhood, it also helps clear that , 

More over i think its killing 2 birds with one stone - whenever we massage minoxi, then coconut oil, then rice water, then baby shampoo.... a few times a day, we end up massaging our scalp.

Whether these liquids do anything or not lol that's a mystery but i think running fingers for each of those 10 min sessions, helps circulating scalp skin for blood flow quite a few times a day each day over and over again, i think that helps more than oil, minoxidil as that is the by product of this entire process but an effective one :)

I've read a ebook from Rob English about dutamesce massage (vigorous scalp massage) and done it myself for 6 months straight. It stopped my hair loss and I think that's the reason I still have much much more hair on my scalp than my brother had in my age as well as father. They're NW 6 and 7. I'm diffuse pattern 5 (still have hairs on my vertex).

The problem with that is you need to do it for 20 min morning and evening every day. Its painfull on arms as you need to really push it with all strength you have. Takes a lot of effort to keep doing it, so I quit as I had many changes in my life at once. Never started doing that again.

• Like 2

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.