3500 FUE Grafts – Scheduled with Dr. Bhatti (Darling Buds) on 18th March 2019 :)

16 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Are you new to using Caboki? I use it with absolutely no issues at all. I use two different types of lock in hair sprays. I’m actually going to be in Mexico in a month. I’m gonna film swimming with caboki and dermmatch. It doesn’t come off unless I use shampoo. It’s non-toxic don’t think you have anything yo worry about, some say the ink from the smp is toxic. Not sure I believe that either.

Great if you test and film, share your experience on youtube - i will look for it as i need to make sure fiber+ dermmatch dont come off before trying it public ally this summer myself at a water park with friends n family lol

by the way, not new infact i am a veteran in Hair fiber world since 8 years now.... tried almost every brand....

I know its non toxic but we do inhale it its inevitable..... SMP I thought is a perm solution to fibers/concealers 

6 hours ago, Mick50 said:

I use Topik now and again had no problems with it ,I bought some Dermatch recently and must say i am recently impressed with it ,I was a NW 5-6 and had 4200 FUE grafts so no way is that enough for total coverage in the crown ,with the Dermatch my crown is pretty much covered luckily I did have some grafts into the crown so there is hair for the Dermatch to work it's magic  ,best thing about the Dermatch it is waterproof ,so no more swimming hats when I go swimming. 

Pic is taken with hair wet with an overhead bathroom light.Normal lighting and hair dry  no thinning visible at all with the Dermatch,  I have yet to sprinkle topik on top of the Dermmatch  I imagine it will help as well.   

20190417_124150.jpg

I would love to wait to see my results, hoping to gain same density as yours although  I was NW 5 A , Dr Bhatti transplanted 3300 grafts on my mid scalp, frontal hairline and lots on crown too.

Even with wet hair, Dermmatch seems to run its magic , however I would say your hair caliber is great by default and seems like they are healthy ones. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Petroholic said:

@HLPToronto

No pics even after 3 months .

Come on we deserve that much atleast.Eagerly waiting to see your progress.

Hi Petroholic,

Although I thought of posting pics in a timeline format all together from 1st month to 4th/5th/6th month, 

but i can post 1st to 3rd month timeline as i am very much satisfied with my progress of 3 months :)

Stay tuned ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ThomasMatthews said:

I am also from Canada and not looking to spend more than 10,000 $ what was your entire cost if you don’t mind me asking ? And would you recommend this dr.

Hello, I think my total expense was 6700 cad.

this includes bi directional flight , hotel stay for 5 days ( best room I paid for ),  cab , food, miscellaneous stuff, operation, 6 months supplies of 3 supplements - fin, minox, biotin.

fyi - I spent more than 8200 CAD on this 5 day trip to india but some stuff was not required .... so not counting that.. it was just over spending/shopping/upgrading flight tickets 

yes, i would recommend dr. bhatti as i am already seeing good improvements in my hair  ... its just 3 months post ht

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/13/2019 at 6:56 PM, HLPToronto said:

IMG_20190222_1949069.thumb.jpg.95014183cc1bdbe34aef20030928f99b.jpgInkedIMG_20180920_1458507_LI.thumb.jpg.e56724f0d41b50070054008d9e912154.jpgInkedIMG_20190222_1949296_LI.thumb.jpg.a5bfd2ce1273a0c6ae2d005d8d0a5b51.jpgInkedIMG_20190303_1924328_LI.thumb.jpg.0817487c4be9588fded8e0ea71d8e377.jpgInkedIMG_20190224_0005055_LI.thumb.jpg.43171339ae7369b4ab197c4517c5ec37.jpg

Your shock loss was pretty bad, but it looks like the transplanted hairs are mingling with the native hairs just fine! With < 40% of the expected grafts maturing, it looks great! It will look fantastic at the 9-15 month mark when it is complete. 

Glad to see everything is going well! You had me worried without the updates! It seems like this last month you applied Miracle Gro on your scalp. 

• Like 1

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

35 minutes ago, Lennney said:

Your shock loss was pretty bad, but it looks like the transplanted hairs are mingling with the native hairs just fine! With < 40% of the expected grafts maturing, it looks great! It will look fantastic at the 9-15 month mark when it is complete. 

Glad to see everything is going well! You had me worried without the updates! It seems like this last month you applied Miracle Gro on your scalp. 

Thanks Lennney !   Last 2 pics were after my first hair cut at 2 month 20th day. ( trimmed sides) 

I noticed the opposite, i  thought I suffered minimal shock loss, all those before HT pics - my hair is matured at 4 inches, 3 inches long and overlapping each other giving that illusion else my crown was pretty bad before the surgery too.

If shock loss would be there, my frontal hairline wouldn't look this decent in last few pictures if you notice. again my observation but i could be wrong. But yes, whenever I wear longer hair, it always looks like I have more hair on my head. when I cut them short, it seems to show that I am balding. 

Technically, I am still considered to be in ugly D phase as tomorrow is my 3rd month completion. 

For a 2.5 to 3 month mark,  i am very much satisfied as least redness, frontal look is fine without a hat .. looks decent enough so i can go out.

for a NW  5 A case like mine,  aerial shots are always going to be horrible, i wish after few months, i take an aerial shot under the sun and no scalp is visible. that is the ultimate dream :) 

• Like 1

Maybe shock loss wasn't the right word, since you didn't loose that much native hair around the recipient. I guess your ugly duckling phase was more pronounced with your thinning hair. You didn't have much hair before, and the short hair post HT accentuated that. But your native hair recovered and your recipient hair took to the scalp. It all looks good. I meant to say that the change/transformation looks impressive.

• Thanks 1

Airfare guide

On 6/18/2019 at 1:46 AM, HLPToronto said:

Here is my 3 month timeline :) 

1m.jpg

1.5m.jpg

2m.jpg

2.5m.jpg

3m1.jpg

3m2.jpg

3m3.jpg

3m4.jpg

That result at 3 months seems awesome and your HT surely looks like will score a homerun.

You definitely seem to be a fast grower

46 minutes ago, Petroholic said:

That result at 3 months seems awesome and your HT surely looks like will score a homerun.

You definitely seem to be a fast grower

Thanks Petro

Here are some pics taken this morning right after applying morning minoxidil dose ( it gets sticky ) 

3 months 4 days today :)  Aerial shots are the worst for a NW5 A case like me :( lots of crown to cover 

3m41.jpg

3m42.jpg

3m43.jpg

3m44.jpg

3m45.jpg

Everything is looking great! Just remembered there are few situations people will see the top of your head, maybe tying shoes or coming up behind you while you sit at work. And even when they see it, they'll likely forget it shortly after. I've been caution about the same issue at work, but with the improvements and this realization, I don't worry anymore. I've "established" a look with my coworkers. The see me a certain way, and even if they see me thinning, they'll revert back to the image of me the normally see and chock that balding look as a "nah, I probably don't remember what I saw, he definitely has hair."

I started to get more carefree at your current stage. Great results so far, hope you're enjoying it!

• Thanks 1

Airfare guide

20 minutes ago, Lennney said:

coming up behind you while you sit at work. And even when they see it, they'll likely forget it shortly after. I've been caution about the same issue at work, but with the improvements and this realization, I don't worry anymore. I've "established" a look with my coworkers. The see me a certain way, and even if they see me thinning, they'll revert back to the image of me the normally see and chock that balding look as a "nah, I probably don't remember what I saw, he definitely has hair."

I started to get more carefree at your current stage.

That is correct Lennney. I am 6 feet tall so when I walk around people, it gives the impression that I am " fine " now. coverage all around the corner ( with a of thinning in the central part ) won't look that bad when you are F2F with some one standing.

While I sit and when people come and talk to me,  a tall coworker could see it from the top which is a bit stressful for me ( hence the reason why I started using fibers few years ago , it was always central crown, mid scalp, sides thinning of frontal hairline heavy thinning and balding mid vertex where fiber was always required ) 

But I agree with your comments, and I should be more carefree now. :)  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, paddyirishman said:

GREAT LOOKING RESULT SO FAR HLPTORONTO.

YOU WILL HAVE A MUCH BIGGER IMPROVMENT 3 MONTHS FROM NOW.

............ALL THE BEST .......

...................Paddy..............

Thanks Paddy :) 

Based on my research,  biggest improvement window is " 3 month - 6 month "   as compared to any other window  for most HT patients.

whether its "  1 month -3 month "  or " 2 month - 3 month " or  " 6 month - 9 month "  or " 9 month - 15 month " 

i think " 3 month - 6 month "  is the most important timeline window for any/all patients.

Simply because in this window, all of this happens:

1.shedding is minimal now

2. shock loss starts fading

3.  numbness is low

4. minoxidil and fin-astride starting to show their effect

5. native hair gets longer thicker with implanted hairs also blending in.

after first 3 months, next 3 months are most critical for one's successful growth;  so my fingers are crossed ...... 

HLPTORONTO how do you feel about taking minoxidil as you say it is sticky ?

I understand there is an oral form of 5mg tablet which would be easier to take, have you considered this it might be a better option?

............Paddy........

HLPTORONTO how do you feel about taking minoxidil as you say it is sticky ?

I understand there is an oral form of 5mg tablet which would be easier to take, have you considered this it might be a better option?

............Paddy........

Hi Paddy, 
I heard about it but I think oral tablet is slightly less effective than liquid minoxidil

also, I am taking 3 different oral tablets daily - 1 mg finastride, 1 tab biotin and 1 tab mutivitamins 

I work from home mostly, so little itchiness, redness, stickiness is fine as eventually after few hours, it dries out and feels/looks much better ,So overall it is manageable for me as long as it shows its effect in the next few months as I 've been very patiently applying good amount of minox daily  for past 3 months ( never missed a day ) 

I hope one day it pays off  :)  

but thanks for the advice.

FYI - I am planning to buy rogaine brand ( topical liquid solution 5 % )  as its north american FDA approved, worlds most famous brand of minox,  being sold as #1 product in minox market ......

right now, I am going to finish with 6 months stock of tugaine ( as purchased from Darling buds during my visit there )

Actually, if you look at the positive side , many patients ( myself included  ) uses this sticky minox left over on their hands  to also style their hair after deeply massaging on the scalp...

Edited by HLPToronto

Yes you are ticking all the boxs to get the best type of results. Looks like its working for you .

I purchased biotin tablets today which I have never taken before also purchased aloe vera juice ( organic ) as well.  All regarded to improve enhance and to strengthen hair follicles .

...................Paddy............

• Thanks 1

Yes you are ticking all the boxs to get the best type of results. Looks like its working for you .

I purchased biotin tablets today which I have never taken before also purchased aloe vera juice ( organic ) as well.  All regarded to improve enhance and to strengthen hair follicles .

...................Paddy............

I assume aloe vera juice to rub into scalp ( not to drink )  ?

let me know please if this juice helps with strengthening hair follicles  and i will buy too :) 

• Administrators

Looking great dude! Have you tried hair fibers? I bet you look amazing with them now.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

45 minutes ago, HLPToronto said:

I assume aloe vera juice to rub into scalp ( not to drink )  ?

let me know please if this juice helps with strengthening hair follicles  and i will buy too :) 

I bought the aloe vera juice to drink. You can drink it straight or add it to juice or water.

Aloe vera is also excellent for your digestive system also and your immune system helping to flush out all the toxins out of the body. It is best taken on an empty stomach first thing in the morning.  

Yes you can gently rub it into the scalp also , some people do . Yes It is one of those very old natural remedies used to  support for good hair skin and nails.

......          I hope this helps      .......

.......................Paddy....................

53 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Looking great dude! Have you tried hair fibers? I bet you look amazing with them now.

Thanks Melvin.  Took these random pics on June 14th ( there was a big meeting at work and I simply couldn't wear a cap )

This was 2 month 25th day for me where I first sprinkled some fiber in the morning :)

I only sprinkle some fiber now ( 3 months post HT ) ONLY for rarest of the rare occasions as it could create :

disturbance to my growth, stick to the hair shaft and  affect scalp pores.

Also, another reason is to keep myself honest with my growth and let natural air do its thing...

if I use too much fiber, it might not give me a true picture of my personal growth. 

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

5 minutes ago, paddyirishman said:

Yes It is one of those very old natural remedies used to  support for good hair skin and nails.

I am buying today :)  also heard about similar benefits from other HT experts and they all say Aloe vera is a miraculous plant

thnx paddy 

1 hour ago, HLPToronto said:

Hi Paddy, 
I heard about it but I think oral tablet is slightly less effective than liquid minoxidil

also, I am taking 3 different oral tablets daily - 1 mg finastride, 1 tab biotin and 1 tab mutivitamins 

I work from home mostly, so little itchiness, redness, stickiness is fine as eventually after few hours, it dries out and feels/looks much better ,So overall it is manageable for me as long as it shows its effect in the next few months as I 've been very patiently applying good amount of minox daily  for past 3 months ( never missed a day ) 

I hope one day it pays off  :)  

but thanks for the advice.

FYI - I am planning to buy rogaine brand ( topical liquid solution 5 % )  as its north american FDA approved, worlds most famous brand of minox,  being sold as #1 product in minox market ......

right now, I am going to finish with 6 months stock of tugaine ( as purchased from Darling buds during my visit there )

Actually, if you look at the positive side , many patients ( myself included  ) uses this sticky minox left over on their hands  to also style their hair after deeply massaging on the scalp...

If I may suggest, try or at least look into Kirkland brand minox. I typically buy it at about $19 USD or so on Amazon. I also put it on my "list" and check prices periodically. I stock up when you see it fall in price. If you haven't already used it before, use camelcamelcamel to find if you're getting a deal, a steal or are getting ripped off. 

Screenshot_20190622-145906.png

• Thanks 1

Airfare guide