3500 FUE Grafts – Scheduled with Dr. Bhatti (Darling Buds) on 18th March 2019 :)

@HLPToronto You don't think so Dr. Bhatti charge you more, usually they charge approx. 0.85 per graft, you can negotiate with Dr. In that much of amount i.e. 9000 CAD you will go with another doctor in USA with higher rate of growth, When I am also looking for surgeon someone suggest me to with that Dr. Bhatti but I have seen bad results of that Dr. then I changed my mind.

Think Twice Again.

Best of Luck

3 hours ago, Baldjooey said:

@HLPToronto You don't think so Dr. Bhatti charge you more, usually they charge approx. 0.85 per graft, you can negotiate with Dr. In that much of amount i.e. 9000 CAD you will go with another doctor in USA with higher rate of growth, When I am also looking for surgeon someone suggest me to with that Dr. Bhatti but I have seen bad results of that Dr. then I changed my mind.

Think Twice Again.

Best of Luck

Well, that's a bit earlier than expected, usually the haters at least wait to see the surgery pics.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Baldjooey said:

Think Twice Again.

Best of Luck

Sorry, but by the English, I feel like this maybe a competing clinic just trying to tarnish Dr. Bhatti’s reputation with a nonsensical response. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Sorry, but by the English, I feel like this maybe a competing clinic just trying to tarnish Dr. Bhatti’s reputation with a nonsensical response. 

I don't think English has to do anything with this nonsensical response. There are several individuals here (including myself) whom first language is not English. 

• Like 2

@HLPToronto mate I love your topic and every single word you said reflects 100% my thoughts!

I am extremely keen to see you how you go, your post-op feedback will play a very important role on my decision. Dr.Bhatti is on my top 5 list at the moment, on my opinion his only downside is density at the moment and since it is one of your concerns too I am sure you'll address it to the Dr and get a professional reply/outcome.

I wish you all the very best for your today's surgery and we will all be waiting to hear back from you!

• Like 1

On 3/16/2019 at 3:46 PM, Baldjooey said:

Think Twice Again.

Best of Luck

Hold your horses my friend, my detailed research and extra long review should suffice in explaining that I've revisited every pros and cons, cost and results and more importantly, I can officially sign off now that Dr. Bhatti was a solid choice that I MADE SINCE IT'S DAY 4 AFTER MY OPERATION IN INDIA,  I am flying back to Canada tomorrow and will write a detailed report. 

Regarding 0.85 per graft, its clearly advertised on his website on what basis you will get that rate.

I wanted only 18th March and got a decent rate from Dr Bhatti / Shera so i 'm more than happy price-wise ( thanks for your concerns) Ideally its 1.50 USD for the date of your choosing - just FYI my friend 

1.50 USD  is also the best deal out there globally ( whether India, america, Canada, Europe) that Dr. Bhatti offers .

Find me one with this price but make sure he's recommended on this forum/by top mentors. I bet you can't  

Edited by HLPToronto

On 3/16/2019 at 7:03 PM, Shera said:

Well, that's a bit earlier than expected, usually the haters at least wait to see the surgery pics.

As you advised, Ignorance is a bliss. I will be posting my  surgery pics that was "painless" for the community  very soon (as some were waiting anxiously for an update). Wrapping up my India trip, overall leaving very satisfied with my decision :)

On 3/18/2019 at 4:46 AM, Jhonny said:

@HLPToronto mate I love your topic and every single word you said reflects 100% my thoughts!

I am extremely keen to see you how you go, your post-op feedback will play a very important role on my decision. Dr.Bhatti is on my top 5 list at the moment, on my opinion his only downside is density at the moment and since it is one of your concerns too I am sure you'll address it to the Dr and get a professional reply/outcome.

I wish you all the very best for your today's surgery and we will all be waiting to hear back from you!

Hi Jhonny,  my Day 4 after surgery in India , flying back tomorrow.

I will provide a detailed post - op, pre op and during op feedback for all the folks who are on the fence just like I was before I met Dr. Bhatti. 

At a high level, I felt no pain , no swelling such a well oiled machinery run by Darling buds, amazing staff, highly skilled nurses, courteous drivers, personal attention from Dr. Bhatti whether it's day 0 , day 1, day 2 , 3 or day 4.  Patient rep Shera is always there for me. My skepticism faded away since I've lived the entire experience first hand  now and i am in a position to guide you if you have any concerns/doubts about Darling buds or Shera could be your man ( patient rep) 

I 'm very much satisfied.  Yes, Dr. Bhatti assured me dense results, hairline was built naturally, tried to share few pics but couldn't upload for some reason.

Thank you  for the best wishes, we all are in the same boat my friend - need to get this done right for our heads :) 

I am leaving tomorrow with a smile on my face and positive that I should be able to achieve the best possible results in next 6 months . 

Worth mentioning  -- Clinic's post op care procedure is top notch, detailed and so easy to follow

• Like 1

Best wishes HLPTORONTO.  You sound very happy with your experience in India. You must feel very relieved to have that long flight not to mention your HT behind you now. Thats the hard bit done.Enjoy and have a safe flight home.You deserve it. 

..........Paddy........

• Like 1

On 3/13/2019 at 7:20 AM, HLPToronto said:

Hi Folks,

Long time lurker; My very first post here with the intent to share and contribute based on my upcoming surgery in India with Darling buds and most importantly  My results “ in the next few months.

I feel morally obligated to contribute at least something back to this community that offers :  A worldwide network of HT experts, reputed Senior members sharing invaluable info, Top rated HT surgeons positioning their point of views and most importantly "real patients sharing real stories". 

Background 

Male in mid-thirties from Canada;  NW 3  - Less/More. Past 6 years were dark and depressing. Living in a fool’s paradise;  using Toppik daily assuming everything’s fine but somewhere at a deeper level; it continuously bothered me. Finally in 2019;  I made the big decision to get a HT.

This website is the main reason as to why I was able to solidify on my research, move ahead with a concrete decision and was able to find one of the best doctor (just being positive here) as per my checklist/strict criteria.

Special thanks to the Creator of this website – Kudos to the brain that kicked off this humanitarian initiative as it continues to educate millions of potential patients like myself.

Why Darling Buds India (I guess they changed the name to 5 Rivers Hospital )

This piece takes forever to decide especially for someone like me who spends gazillions of hours on the Internet/YouTube/Forums. I was always skeptical about giving my Head to someone to be operated; so consulted with many Canadian, American, European, Indian and Turkish clinics. 

Many reputed names like Dr. Rahal ( Known as the hairline king from Canada), Dr Acar ( Cosmedica Turkey), Dr. Erdogan ( Turkey), Aestimed ( Turkey), LA Hair ( USA), Qunomedical ( Belgium & German clinics), Dr. Cinik ( Turkey) and the list goes on……………………………………………. :)

but None fitted my checklist in it's entirety reflecting 8 Key deciding factors that was prepared after extensive research for years 🙄 :

1.   Max cost under 10,000 CAD ( 7500 USD ) for 3500-4000 Grafts to be able to achieve maximum density in my case. YES, I decided to find the best treatment within this range.            IMHO, paying this much should suffice in getting you a world class, still affordable HT in today’s age with advanced Technologies, Globalization, the power of internet and competitive market.

It's costing me around 9000 CAD ( including some expensive flight tickets) with Dr. Bhatti which seems adequate for the reputation he has or rather a steal ( not sure - will tell later) 

If budget wasn’t a constraint, I would’ve booked Dr. Rahal ( Canada ) who is local to me  OR  Dr. Baubac ( Alvi Armani USA) more importantly to save myself from the hassle of flying 20 hours one way, then drive to a different city, book a hotel for a week,  apply for a visa, Take few weeks of vacation from work etc.

Dr Rahal charges 8 CAD per FUE, most other clinics would cost the same in N. America for FUE Treatment.

It’s costing me around 2.40 CAD with Dr. Bhatti ( includes all international/ Local flights, Visa, Hotel, Food, Cab etc.). If you compare Dr Bhatti's fee with his peers who fall in the same reputed arena of global doctors,  I think most would sign this off as a great offering for hair loss patients globally.

Eugenix quoted around 4 CAD per graft but it was for DHI method. They produced some great results lately and they are the inventors of DHI which is now adapted globally; goes to show that they are researchers also - very impressive.

As of 2019, I think Dr. Bhatti and Eugenix should be compared as top players if India is the selected destination for your HT Journey ( My comparison below) 

I almost finalized Eugenix over Dr. Bhatti but then based on my research, took a U Turn

Eugenix  positive aspects:

1.  Biggest is DHI -  OUT/IN grafts within minutes. Definitely better method as compared to Traditional FUE . I could only find positives so far, no negatives on DHI.  It's hard to logically beat DHI method with traditional FUE; so no doctor should even try it IMO.  I wish Dr Bhatti would offer DHI to his patients by now ☹

2. Clinics are located in major cities like Delhi and Mumbai. No need to drive / fly again from major airport all the way to Chandigarh.

Eugenix  Negative aspects:

1. Some patients mentioned that they were taken for a ride. Eugenix Docs  prey on foreign nationals; after or during mid surgery – Dr. Bansal asked for 500 more grafts payment as required and payment must be done during the middle of the operation ( insane); also no breakdown/reasoning was provided in the end. 

On the contrary, Darling buds has returned some fee to few patients to their surprise which is a classy act of ethical business in my opinion (hard to find) 

2. Eugenix costs are almost double than Darling buds( quite expensive for many) but anyways DHI is more costlier than traditional FUE globally and if results are better with more graft survival rate, most patients wouldn't mind paying more.

3.  Eugenix is run in a satellite office format, more than one location and hard to get a hold of prime doctors - Dr. Sethi and Dr. Bansal  where as Dr. Bhatti provides a peace of mind with one location, one clinic, one doctor who is also the owner of that entire facility with 15 good staff members well trained under him in a peaceful non polluted city near a hill station.

#3 was a critical factor in my decision to go with Dr. Bhatti

In short,  I would’ve loved DHI for best results but I settled with FUE for now :) 

Note: Out of thousands, This site recommends ONLY  2 surgeons from Turkey,  7 surgeons from India and  1 from Canada ( I was surprised to see only Dr. Rahal in the list,  yes Hasson is there but they're again advocates of FUT ), so HRN really helped me short list 10 surgeons before making the final call :) 

2.   ONLY FUE for ME –  My heart said a Big “No“ to a linear scar;  doesn’t matter if some Doctors persuade you with somewhat genuine reasoning's to avoid FUE such as :

FUE provides Less density,  FUT offers more grafts and saves Donor area as untouched for future sessions,  FUE is a blind process etc.

Dr. Feller and Dr. Soni ( Medispa India) seems like the two biggest advocates of FUT over FUE and I agree with some of their explanations as it sounds logical.

Dr. Soni really pushed me to sign up with FUT and said his scar technique is different. Promised that he will close it in a way where almost no scarring is visible . It was tough buying into that argument, additionally  recent negative reviews about him  and I finally decided to brush him aside at that point.

3.    Doctor MUST perform the operation (No technicians)  – I could only find someone as reputed as Dr. Bhatti who performs 80% of the procedures that includes Hair trimming (to feel your hair ), Anesthesia, FUE Extractions with motorized punch and Incisions.

In Turkey where I was almost sold at one point,  all operations are run by Technicians. Not a Plastic surgeon, no educational background/ competency level ( it's scary as they're known as the butchers of HT industry) 

I wish Dr. Bhatti would implant the grafts too ( not his nurses) for extra cost but I guess it will be a tedious job for a busy surgeon to sit for another 4 hours or so .......

Am I asking for too much :) 

4.       World class facility matching North American standards  with Heart rate monitoring, proper blood tests, blood pressure check up, spotless , Face coverings during entire operation and sterile environment.

5.       Super microscopes and Magnifiers is a must ( Most Turkish clinics operate with naked eyes, when I asked they tried to sell me bull *&****  )

This is extremely important during all 4 phases of operation :

Extraction – To make sure proper gaps are left in between grafts in the donor area and get the right angle before using the punch.

Sorting – To count how many pure singles, doubles, triples and quads ( if any ) are collected.

Incisions – To ensure least collateral damage, magnifier will show 6 x scalp surface so during incisions, holes are made at the right angle, depth and only on bald scalp areas ( not where you've some fine hairs). This should also minimize some shock loss in the post op phase.

Implantation -  Imperative to only use pure singles / baby soft hairs in the very first few rows of hairline and Temples. If by mistake, they implant doubles – it will give a pluggy look and I would rate that transplant as 50% failed right then and there. If during implant, nurses grab a multi - haired graft, at least microscopes will allow them to revisit to find a pure single graft and then insert it in the right spot. Joe Tillman's video is quite helpful : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeQ4ZvEHb7Y

6.    Doctor should have a solid reputation on major forums, hair restoration network, should be well read, traveled, have some global exposure, recommended by Bald-truth, Spex and many other HT mentors like Joe Tillman. Dr. Bhatti checks all those boxes.

Yes – there are some mixed opinions about him (and every other Top HT surgeon out there) but perfection is impossible to achieve; so I decided to just look at the bigger picture and go for it.

7.   Detailed info, pre op care, post op care, regular contacts and supporting your patients in their hours of greatest needs is of utmost importance. Its well know that Dr. Bhatti, Shera ( his rep) , California would contact their  ex. Patients regarding some concerns, would stand by them and not disappear. This was impressive.

8.   Patient advisor should be genuine, honest and straightforward  – So far, Shera has been awesome, friendly and taking care of all my minor/ major concerns. Always reachable, quick responses and a real time patient who has experienced the same Doctor few years ago first hand. In the long run, it helps to have a contact like him for small chats if need be.

I will continue to share my Journey  with Darling buds and also, highlight If any red flags are there. 

So far,  I’m just one naive internet researcher in this field who talks based on theories and hypothetical situations, I don’t have any practical experiences yet.

Assuming I've made a good decision by choosing this clinic (over others) and trying to keep a positive mindset hoping I will be in good hands is the only thing I can do now. 

One Sr. Member said it wisely – “For Dr. Bhatti and his staff ( or other clinics)  18th March will be just another day with another patient like thousands came before and will come after, but for a patient who’s been researching on this constantly day/night, it’s a big life event and 18th is one of the most important day of his life after which either he could regain his lost confidence or could loose it forever “    After all, handing off your head to someone for the entire day isn’t one easy decision :)

I’ve seen members here supporting each other against doctors if results aren’t satisfactory. That speaks volumes and the main reason as to why I joined here to gain support from my so called “Anonymous hair restoration family”

Dr. Bhatti's hairlines were talked about – not too dense? Any suggestions?  Should I revisit this with him ?  I don't want a sparse hairline but Not sure if this was an old issue (one -off) 

Also, I’ve not met Dr Bhatti for any F2F consulting yet or a video consultation, plan is to meet him a day before my procedure. So far, Shera is my driving force.

I’m hoping for a life changing experience (like many others), regain my lost confidence and I always say “ Hope “ is something that brings us to these Doctor’s doorsteps.

Yes finance and reviews are important aspects but we all hope to be treated in the best possible way during our special treatment day. A little daunting for me to fly all the way, get operated in a surgical room, holes in my head but I’m collecting all the courage in this world to get this done. Shera is helping like one true Samaritan :)

If some of you are able to read this completely, my apologies for such a long note but this is the only forum where I am able to  write everything anonymously and vent out if need be.

My Journey to be continued……………………………………………………………………………………............................................

Hi There 

First of all best of luck for your HT.

I did my transplant with Dr. Sethi. Eugenix India. 

I did find him after 3 to 4 years research.

I seen there is so many good results at Eugenix. There is no doubt Dr. Bhatti also a good one in india but i personally don't like it because of density of hair transplant which he provides. 

I did try to contact all this big clinics in Turkey and India from South Africa. I always used to ask them to please talk to me on Skype but no one wanted to do that. Only Dr. Sethi called me and discussed every part of DHT. Its gave me a confidence to go only with Eugenix. So i booked with Mumbai Branch with Dr. Sethi.

We agreed on 3500 graft tobe required to get my Dht welldone by him.  I did paid advance and booked my Ot for that day. 

When I reached There i totally feel that I am not in India. Its well maintained hospitality from them.

Its seems like you get your HT out of India. They done some test and then my Ht started. They make it very nice environment during my HT plying songs and all its took all most 12 hour for my HT including all breaks, lunch and dinner. 

When they finished its was 4200 grafts done. But they never ask for any extra cost. So i don't know who told you that they ask for extra cost during transplant. And as you said they charged 4 cad per grafts. I think its wrong information you got. They charge upto 2 USD per grafts Max. And that also DHT not normal FUE

Its very easy to land Mumbai or Delhi for international clint like us. 

They got so many branches because there is so many patient requested them to start in Delhi and Mumbai. So they start as they found there is good scope. But its all done by Eugenix doctors. Dr. Sethi and Dr. Bansal is main doctors at Eugenix and they many other doctors who trained under them. And good technician staffs as well. So it depends on patient they need to use which doctors for them. Prices are very as per your doctors. 

I just got 7 months for my HT.  But post op care also very good from them. 

If I need 2nd Ht in futures then also will go to Eugene that for sure. And trust me they are good on grade 6 and 7. So grade 3 or 4 its like nothing to them. They can do it very nicely. With full density.

If you like to see my results please check on my thread. You will get from day of HT upto now.

Anyways best of luck for your Ht

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jhonny said:

@Ashishmehta

we appreciate your nice promotional post, next time please do it in your own tread 😉

Its not any professional post.

And i am not interested. As i like to share my experience. Thats what i did. I never said anything wrong with your post. Then whats wrong. 

You cant stop any to post there own experience on Ht

If you don't like like it then you must stop read it. Its not my problem. 

We are here to share our experiences. So others are get ht done with right way. Thats it

26 minutes ago, Ashishmehta said:

Its not any professional post.

And i am not interested. As i like to share my experience. Thats what i did. I never said anything wrong with your post. Then whats wrong. 

You cant stop any to post there own experience on Ht

If you don't like like it then you must stop read it. Its not my problem. 

We are here to share our experiences. So others are get ht done with right way. Thats it

It is your problem mate because this is HLPToronto's post and we are supposed to talk about his experience, not yours!!!

If you want to tell your experience please open your own tread and everyone will be very happy to see your pre/post pics and read it.

Just common sense mate 😉

Edited by Jhonny
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jhonny said:

It is your problem mate because this is HLPToronto's post and we are supposed to talk about his experience, not yours!!!

If you want to tell your experience please open your own tread and everyone will be very happy to see your pre/post pics and read it.

Just common sense mate 😉

I do understand about it.

Sorry if if you take me wrong way

I did replying because i seen there is negative posts on about Eugenix.

So i am share my experience. Its nothing to do wrong with any post.

And i do have my own thread as well. You are welcome for that.

But its for every one who can share there own experience.

I don't know if you have your own clinic or what. But you also have to understand on thread you may get any kind of post. You cant be cross with them. I respect for your clinics but its not give you permission to talk about any one anything 

As a patient representative for Dr Bhatti I find it very frustrating that one of our patients cannot just simply tell his story without the constant unhelpful intervention of posters who favour other clinics. For the umpteenth time you only have to refer to my own thread written as a patient nearly 5 years ago to appreciate that and frankly nothing has changed since.

In the end the forum misses out. You may have noticed that barely any of the UK guys I send over post their stories on this particular forum. The reason being I advise them not to because I feel the negativity that their posts will invariably attract from posters affiliated with rival clinics may put seeds of doubt in their heads. I need my patients to stay in a positive frame of mind.

Having sad that I hope everyone will now think twice about making posts detracting from HLPToronto's own story.

It’s his thread, respect it!

• Thanks 1

On 3/21/2019 at 8:10 PM, paddyirishman said:

Best wishes HLPTORONTO.  You sound very happy with your experience in India. You must feel very relieved to have that long flight not to mention your HT behind you now. Thats the hard bit done.Enjoy and have a safe flight home.You deserve it. 

..........Paddy........

Well said, Hardest part is done. Now, I am just waiting and eating/living healthier to help boost my results for next couple of months :) 

First 10 days are over,  labor intenstive and hard whether its sleeping, removing scabs, post op care, eating, flying, airport security, meds ... OMG, this was a ride to remember :😅

On 3/22/2019 at 1:07 AM, Ashishmehta said:

Hi There 

First of all best of luck for your HT.

I did my transplant with Dr. Sethi. Eugenix India. 

I did find him after 3 to 4 years research.

I seen there is so many good results at Eugenix. There is no doubt Dr. Bhatti also a good one in india but i personally don't like it because of density of hair transplant which he provides. 

I did try to contact all this big clinics in Turkey and India from South Africa. I always used to ask them to please talk to me on Skype but no one wanted to do that. Only Dr. Sethi called me and discussed every part of DHT. Its gave me a confidence to go only with Eugenix. So i booked with Mumbai Branch with Dr. Sethi.

We agreed on 3500 graft tobe required to get my Dht welldone by him.  I did paid advance and booked my Ot for that day. 

When I reached There i totally feel that I am not in India. Its well maintained hospitality from them.

Its seems like you get your HT out of India. They done some test and then my Ht started. They make it very nice environment during my HT plying songs and all its took all most 12 hour for my HT including all breaks, lunch and dinner. 

When they finished its was 4200 grafts done. But they never ask for any extra cost. So i don't know who told you that they ask for extra cost during transplant. And as you said they charged 4 cad per grafts. I think its wrong information you got. They charge upto 2 USD per grafts Max. And that also DHT not normal FUE

Its very easy to land Mumbai or Delhi for international clint like us. 

They got so many branches because there is so many patient requested them to start in Delhi and Mumbai. So they start as they found there is good scope. But its all done by Eugenix doctors. Dr. Sethi and Dr. Bansal is main doctors at Eugenix and they many other doctors who trained under them. And good technician staffs as well. So it depends on patient they need to use which doctors for them. Prices are very as per your doctors. 

I just got 7 months for my HT.  But post op care also very good from them. 

If I need 2nd Ht in futures then also will go to Eugene that for sure. And trust me they are good on grade 6 and 7. So grade 3 or 4 its like nothing to them. They can do it very nicely. With full density.

If you like to see my results please check on my thread. You will get from day of HT upto now.

Anyways best of luck for your Ht

Hard to buy into that story - 3500 grafts were quoted and paid for, but they planted 700 more at no extra charge ? 

Anyways, thanks for the feedback on Eugenix Mr. Mehta.

Rest assured, I read your entire review before making my decision to go with Darling buds. I watched your you tube interview also.  This could be a long debate over who's better, I had not picked Eugenix but to each his own.  Initially, we all have subjective opinions based on our gut feeling ( most important after mind/heart) and you just need to follow it.

Also, I think Eugenix has many good " poster boys" who already possess thick caliber donor dense hair PREOP and if they then  implant 4000+ grafts on NW3 or NW4, results should look as good as yours.  as you being one of the prime ones 

My take as a researching patient - You have to measure the average results over past decade with thin/thick haired patients, different age groups from 30-60 , different density with 2000 - 4000 grafts implanted, cost, connect, heart,mind, gut connect to say " yes" to move forward.  Dr Bhatti succeeded in those parameters for my checklist ( read again) 

I am a NW 5 with thin caliber hair, so i wanted to go a clinic whose strategies are time tested and validated by veterans. 

Your results are impressive, good luck for more growth and I expect you'd reciprocate the same for me . Many unbiased reviewers and most people rate both Eugenix and Darling buds as India's top 5 clinics ( so we both should be happy )

In short (so you know ), both clinics quoted but I never felt the connect with Eugenix .

However, There was an instant connect with Darling buds. Not sure what the exact reason could be but assumptions below: 

1. Satakshi ( patient rep ) at Eugenix never clearly answered my questions. Shera did answered very clearly from Darling buds and I felt connected with him right off the bat. 

2.  Eugenix quoted me double the price, said i have to buy my own post op meds, said there is nothing given as pre op meds. Darling buds was different in these perspectives. 

3. Eugenix is great but I asked where should I land - Delhi or Mumbai airport ( which clinic will have both/Dr Sethi/Dr Bansal) - no response and I found that bizzare, as a patient you need to ensure that patient is made aware of Doctors location. 

4. Yes, Eugenix offered 2 nights free stay and 3 meals a day for 2 days ( as a part of package) but already quoted me 1.5 times the price per graft. Also, said my HT will take 2 days back to back ( I never wanted this to happen ) can't stand 2 days in OT in a row - no way. 

5. Biggest reason- Darling buds said 3500 grafts,  Eugenix said between 4000 - 5000 grafts ( now 1000 grafts could be a bill of 3000 dollars additional). I wanted approx number as accurate as possible with minimum stretching. 

Trust me I did a thorough research on all relevant elements before going with Darling buds BUT, I will only sign off Darling buds as a great clinic if my results are satisfactory within next 6 months or so. so far, it looks good and

I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY DECISION KEEPING A POSITIVE MINDSET WHICH I REQUEST ANY OF YOU TO NOT TWIST INTO NEGATIVITY SINCE THE DEED IS DONE MY FRIEND :) 

Time to share some pics taken by Dr. Bhatti during live operation in OT and shared with me on request 

I tried to post a close up showing grafts popping out but unable to do so.... with max lens software, however clinic told me they don't simultaneously extract grafts with each punch anymore. they use Invivo method, to avoid exposing grafts for too long outside the body, they mini zed downtime to 3 hours that's the least and best possible way  

In another pic taken right after incisions, when I zoom in -  looks like lots of my native fine hair were left untouched so microscopes were used as it gave me peace of mind because my super fine hair should be saved from shockloss/cutting during incisions as each hair is important at this stage :) 

I wondered why after so many punches ( approx. 3000 ) , no one is taking any grafts out ( tons of nurses were around but doing other things) , so Dr. Bhatti explained and sent me his written reply ( with his approval to share on this board) 

Doctors wanting to observe the procedure in one clinic were unsuccessful since they were told they came late and the procedure was already over!
We did this technique in 2009 the first time but since have abandoned it like many clinics the world over since the procedure is fatiguing both for the doctor and the patient and the procedure cannot be done in a single day.
As you know if a procedure is stretched over several days, it becomes painful since the healing process takes effect the next day and local anesthetist does not act as well.
We started using the INVIVO preservation of grafts in which we do not extract them simultaneously with the coring (harvesting) of grafts but do it together at the end so the Out of Body Time is shorter.
This was I have been able to decrease the ischemia time of grafts to less than 3 hours which is the best that can be done

image.thumb.png.7c1143e9562c01a1bc48e527c0a559f9.pngDSC_7643.thumb.JPG.ef3bcf18074a0294bfee5306d881dd7b.JPGDSC_7647.thumb.JPG.766f1352e8071a578f8442ff6f3ad004.JPG

Edited by HLPToronto
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, HLPToronto said:

Hard to buy into that story - 3500 grafts were quoted and paid for, but they planted 700 more at no extra charge ? 

Anyways, thanks for the feedback on Eugenix Mr. Mehta.

Rest assured, I read your entire review before making my decision to go with Darling buds. I watched your you tube interview also.  This could be a long debate over who's better, I had not picked Eugenix but to each his own.  Initially, we all have subjective opinions based on our gut feeling ( most important after mind/heart) and you just need to follow it.

Also, I think Eugenix has many good " poster boys" who already possess thick caliber donor dense hair PREOP and if they then  implant 4000+ grafts on NW3 or NW4, results should look as good as yours.  as you being one of the prime ones 

My take as a researching patient - You have to measure the average results over past decade with thin/thick haired patients, different age groups from 30-60 , different density with 2000 - 4000 grafts implanted, cost, connect, heart,mind, gut connect to say " yes" to move forward.  Dr Bhatti succeeded in those parameters for my checklist ( read again) 

I am a NW 5 with thin caliber hair, so i wanted to go a clinic whose strategies are time tested and validated by veterans. 

Your results are impressive, good luck for more growth and I expect you'd reciprocate the same for me . Many unbiased reviewers and most people rate both Eugenix and Darling buds as India's top 5 clinics ( so we both should be happy )

In short (so you know ), both clinics quoted but I never felt the connect with Eugenix .

However, There was an instant connect with Darling buds. Not sure what the exact reason could be but assumptions below: 

1. Satakshi ( patient rep ) at Eugenix never clearly answered my questions. Shera did answered very clearly from Darling buds and I felt connected with him right off the bat. 

2.  Eugenix quoted me double the price, said i have to buy my own post op meds, said there is nothing given as pre op meds. Darling buds was different in these perspectives. 

3. Eugenix is great but I asked where should I land - Delhi or Mumbai airport ( which clinic will have both/Dr Sethi/Dr Bansal) - no response and I found that bizzare, as a patient you need to ensure that patient is made aware of Doctors location. 

4. Yes, Eugenix offered 2 nights free stay and 3 meals a day for 2 days ( as a part of package) but already quoted me 1.5 times the price per graft. Also, said my HT will take 2 days back to back ( I never wanted this to happen ) can't stand 2 days in OT in a row - no way. 

5. Biggest reason- Darling buds said 3500 grafts,  Eugenix said between 4000 - 5000 grafts ( now 1000 grafts could be a bill of 3000 dollars additional). I wanted approx number as accurate as possible with minimum stretching. 

Trust me I did a thorough research on all relevant elements before going with Darling buds BUT, I will only sign off Darling buds as a great clinic if my results are satisfactory within next 6 months or so. so far, it looks good and

I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY DECISION KEEPING A POSITIVE MINDSET WHICH I REQUEST ANY OF YOU TO NOT TWIST INTO NEGATIVITY SINCE THE DEED IS DONE MY FRIEND :) 

Hi. 

There no argument on that. But it different technic between them.

Eugenix only do DHT.

So its take time. And they giving you nice density and that only came with no. Of grafts.

If you need more then 3500 grafts then they can do in 2 days. Because in DHT takes time.

So price comparison with technic as well. And thats gives you best results. I am not here to promote them. I also wanted clear your doubts. And I met there so many patient during my visit on day of my HT and after that.

I did contact then on fb and WhatsApp before my Ht..

They all gave me positive responses. So i made mind with them and i am happy with it. After me there so many guys gone there with my references and they allmost Nw5 to Nw7. They also happy with density and results. Yes they are expensive then others. But they deserve that as well. As per there results and dedicated work. Doctor himself keep in touch with you after Transplant. Every 2 weeks they ask you your pics and if you got any problem they may discuss. Even after 6 month i will go for my second round for my crown area. Its need max 1000 to 1500 grafts only. But will do with them only.  You may Google them its only once clinic who is done more then 1500 plus transplant for Nw7. Its not easy to do that. And some of them even reputed doctors as well.

I respect your comments on him. But i wanted to clear your doubts as per my experience.

I like darling buds but only problem was density in his results. And seen difference between both clinics. If you need density then you need more no. Of graft and its more money that for sure. 

But no problem. Will like to see your pics in future. And all the best for your results.

• Thanks 1

Some more pics, right-after op - Day 0, Day 1, Day 2 . 

I personally was overwhelmed as no pain, no swelling ( only tiny bit) and recovered in 10 days almost completely now with no infection ( most scary part for me ) . Donor area healed nicely now, however on day 2 onwards, it healed so fast and nicely to my surprise. Not too much scarring visible on day 11 th now ( will share pics) . below are day 1-3 pics with some random hotel room pics for those wondering about their stay in chandigarh  ( good stay overall) 

InkedIMG_20190318_1132177_LI.thumb.jpg.3bd0104dce97b40dbc4a3cfa50ed149e.jpg

Looks like some clean work ? Any feedback folks ?  

InkedIMG_20190318_1132453_LI.jpg

IMG_20190319_0702419.jpg

IMG_20190321_0510351.jpg

IMG_20190321_0510474.jpg

IMG_20190321_1456575.jpg

IMG_20190321_1458304.jpg

IMG_20190322_0509002.jpg

IMG_20190320_1214029.jpg

InkedIMG_20190320_0112032_LI.jpg

Edited by HLPToronto

18 minutes ago, Ashishmehta said:

Hi. 

Eugenix only do DHT.

So its take time. And they giving you nice density and that only came with no. Of grafts.

If you need more then 3500 grafts then they can do in 2 days. Because in DHT takes time.

some argue DHT takes less time, as grafts are out, back in implanter and IN ( for this reason there is usually a bigger team on board working as an assembly line ), one punches, other takes it out, 3rd puts in the implanter, 4th changes the choi pen, 5th hands back to front end folks to implant and its done. 

FUE takes longer as it needs 1-2 hours min additional to make incisions. DHT is  direct incision + implantation, so ideally it should take around the same time if not less/more

Edited by HLPToronto

21 minutes ago, Ashishmehta said:

Hi. 

Eugenix only do DHT.

Also, In Dr. Bhatti's words as I specifically had a discussion with him, thru email and on Day 4 another chat regarding DHT method

Eugenix and DHI both have not produced a single case to the community in which the full procedure was recorded 
Doctors wanting to observe the procedure in one clinic were unsuccessful since they were told they came late and the procedure was already over!
We did this technique in 2009 the first time but since have abandoned it like many clinics the world over since the procedure is fatiguing both for the doctor and the patient and the procedure cannot be done in a single day.
As you know if a procedure is stretched over several days, it becomes painful since the healing process takes effect the next day and local anesthetist does not act as well.
We started using the INVIVO preservation of grafts in which we do not extract them simultaneously with the coring (harvesting) of grafts but do it together at the end so the Out of Body Time is shorter.
This was I have been able to decrease the ischemia time of grafts to less than 3 hours which is the best that can be done.
You also need to know that it is not the technique alone that counts. Patients only want results, a safe procedure and continued interaction with the doctor, preop, perop and postop.
My take on DHI method ( another note from Dr Bhatti with his approval to share if I feel like ) 
(DHT is not copyrighted).
1. When the head is turned to one side when the surgical team is harvesting, you cannot strategically place the singles, doubles and multiple hair grafts which you otherwise can as per plan. You are constrained by the direction in which the head is. 
2. While harvesting, the head keeps shaking and it is impossible to be comfortable while planting. The plantation process is as it is a laborious time consuming task. Making it more difficult will hinder efficiency and hence quality of result.
3. DHI method ignores a very important part of placement and that is the curl of the hair in the graft. In prone position, it is very difficult to determine while introducing the grafts. This is important for a natural result.
3. While planting we proceed from the leading edge of the hairline backwards. This is reversed when the patient is in face down position and hence cannot allow good density to be maintained since grafts will keep popping out.
DHI results in before and after pictures and on videos have been shown in shadow especially from the top and this adds gist to the rumor that DHI does not produce density and the technique should be abandoned.
It is merely a gimmick. To counter this claim, DHI has to show a full case without edits where it is done for 3000 grafts.
Till then it is not verifiable if it is a technique or a marketing gimmick. We have a host of them these days in times of aggressive posturing by clinics.

Direct hair implantation is touted as a technique since may years but the clinics that do it are not able to demonstrate the outcomes of the procedures. Also these techniques have a higher price per graft and most patients are discouraged due to this given rise to speculations tht it is just another marketing gimmick.

In our clinic we preserve the graft in its normal milieu where it continues to imbibe blood circulation since it remains attached to the body and contained in a cylindrical hole in which the partially detached graft  is bathed with plasma all around.

The grafts are kept moist with PRP + A-Cell.

No preservative can do better.

This technique is only used when the out of body time will be more than 45 minutes.

For procedures upto 1200-1500 scalp grafts this preservation is not necessary. Traditional preservation fluids are good enough.
Our technique has withstood the test of time over last 10 years when we first started using it.

27 minutes ago, HLPToronto said:

Some more pics, right-after op - Day 0, Day 1, Day 2 . 

I personally was overwhelmed as no pain, no swelling ( only tiny bit) and recovered in 10 days almost completely now with no infection ( most scary part for me ) . Donor area healed nicely now, however on day 2 onwards, it healed so fast and nicely to my surprise. Not too much scarring visible on day 11 th now ( will share pics) . below are day 1-3 pics with some random hotel room pics for those wondering about their stay in chandigarh  ( good stay overall) 

InkedIMG_20190318_1132177_LI.thumb.jpg.3bd0104dce97b40dbc4a3cfa50ed149e.jpg

Looks like some clean work ? Any feedback folks ?  

InkedIMG_20190318_1132453_LI.jpg

IMG_20190319_0702419.jpg

IMG_20190321_0510351.jpg

IMG_20190321_0510474.jpg

IMG_20190321_1456575.jpg

IMG_20190321_1458304.jpg

IMG_20190322_0509002.jpg

IMG_20190320_1214029.jpg

InkedIMG_20190320_0112032_LI.jpg

Looks good best of luck for your results 

• Like 1

First sprouting noticed - Day 11th today 😀 donor seems nicely healed also - some more pics sharing with the community

Middle vertex wasn't touched this time as Dr Bhatti said he would like to cover entire area except middle vertex, not sure  why but I trusted his instincts as a reputed surgeon. 

One reason I could think of is that my head is big, has a lot of real estate to be covered and my final graft count was 3300 grafts ( was quoted 3500 initially ). For 3300 grafts ( not 5000 or 4000), I think its nicely covered with the compromise of middle vertex at this point. Dr Bhatti stresses against over harvesting if you are mid thirties and its your first HT ever. 

most scabs are off, i will wash with some pressure tomorrow - day 12th to remove remaining ones 

IMG_20190329_0116413.jpg

IMG_20190329_0116441.jpg

IMG_20190329_0116514.jpg

IMG_20190329_0116534.jpg

IMG_20190329_0117378.jpg

IMG_20190329_0117405.jpg