3500 FUE Grafts – Scheduled with Dr. Bhatti (Darling Buds) on 18th March 2019 :)

Hi Folks,

Long time lurker; My very first post here with the intent to share and contribute based on my upcoming surgery in India with Darling buds and most importantly  My results “ in the next few months.

I feel morally obligated to contribute at least something back to this community that offers :  A worldwide network of HT experts, reputed Senior members sharing invaluable info, Top rated HT surgeons positioning their point of views and most importantly "real patients sharing real stories". 

Background 

Male in mid-thirties from Canada;  NW 3  - Less/More. Past 6 years were dark and depressing. Living in a fool’s paradise;  using Toppik daily assuming everything’s fine but somewhere at a deeper level; it continuously bothered me. Finally in 2019;  I made the big decision to get a HT.

This website is the main reason as to why I was able to solidify on my research, move ahead with a concrete decision and was able to find one of the best doctor (just being positive here) as per my checklist/strict criteria.

Special thanks to the Creator of this website – Kudos to the brain that kicked off this humanitarian initiative as it continues to educate millions of potential patients like myself.

Why Darling Buds India (I guess they changed the name to 5 Rivers Hospital )

This piece takes forever to decide especially for someone like me who spends gazillions of hours on the Internet/YouTube/Forums. I was always skeptical about giving my Head to someone to be operated; so consulted with many Canadian, American, European, Indian and Turkish clinics. 

Many reputed names like Dr. Rahal ( Known as the hairline king from Canada), Dr Acar ( Cosmedica Turkey), Dr. Erdogan ( Turkey), Aestimed ( Turkey), LA Hair ( USA), Qunomedical ( Belgium & German clinics), Dr. Cinik ( Turkey) and the list goes on……………………………………………. :)

but None fitted my checklist in it's entirety reflecting 8 Key deciding factors that was prepared after extensive research for years 🙄 :

1.   Max cost under 10,000 CAD ( 7500 USD ) for 3500-4000 Grafts to be able to achieve maximum density in my case. YES, I decided to find the best treatment within this range.            IMHO, paying this much should suffice in getting you a world class, still affordable HT in today’s age with advanced Technologies, Globalization, the power of internet and competitive market.

It's costing me around 9000 CAD ( including some expensive flight tickets) with Dr. Bhatti which seems adequate for the reputation he has or rather a steal ( not sure - will tell later) 

If budget wasn’t a constraint, I would’ve booked Dr. Rahal ( Canada ) who is local to me  OR  Dr. Baubac ( Alvi Armani USA) more importantly to save myself from the hassle of flying 20 hours one way, then drive to a different city, book a hotel for a week,  apply for a visa, Take few weeks of vacation from work etc.

Dr Rahal charges 8 CAD per FUE, most other clinics would cost the same in N. America for FUE Treatment.

It’s costing me around 2.40 CAD with Dr. Bhatti ( includes all international/ Local flights, Visa, Hotel, Food, Cab etc.). If you compare Dr Bhatti's fee with his peers who fall in the same reputed arena of global doctors,  I think most would sign this off as a great offering for hair loss patients globally.

Eugenix quoted around 4 CAD per graft but it was for DHI method. They produced some great results lately and they are the inventors of DHI which is now adapted globally; goes to show that they are researchers also - very impressive.

As of 2019, I think Dr. Bhatti and Eugenix should be compared as top players if India is the selected destination for your HT Journey ( My comparison below) 

I almost finalized Eugenix over Dr. Bhatti but then based on my research, took a U Turn

Eugenix  positive aspects:

1.  Biggest is DHI -  OUT/IN grafts within minutes. Definitely better method as compared to Traditional FUE . I could only find positives so far, no negatives on DHI.  It's hard to logically beat DHI method with traditional FUE; so no doctor should even try it IMO.  I wish Dr Bhatti would offer DHI to his patients by now ☹

2. Clinics are located in major cities like Delhi and Mumbai. No need to drive / fly again from major airport all the way to Chandigarh.

Eugenix  Negative aspects:

1. Some patients mentioned that they were taken for a ride. Eugenix Docs  prey on foreign nationals; after or during mid surgery – Dr. Bansal asked for 500 more grafts payment as required and payment must be done during the middle of the operation ( insane); also no breakdown/reasoning was provided in the end. 

On the contrary, Darling buds has returned some fee to few patients to their surprise which is a classy act of ethical business in my opinion (hard to find) 

2. Eugenix costs are almost double than Darling buds( quite expensive for many) but anyways DHI is more costlier than traditional FUE globally and if results are better with more graft survival rate, most patients wouldn't mind paying more.

3.  Eugenix is run in a satellite office format, more than one location and hard to get a hold of prime doctors - Dr. Sethi and Dr. Bansal  where as Dr. Bhatti provides a peace of mind with one location, one clinic, one doctor who is also the owner of that entire facility with 15 good staff members well trained under him in a peaceful non polluted city near a hill station.

#3 was a critical factor in my decision to go with Dr. Bhatti

In short,  I would’ve loved DHI for best results but I settled with FUE for now :) 

Note: Out of thousands, This site recommends ONLY  2 surgeons from Turkey,  7 surgeons from India and  1 from Canada ( I was surprised to see only Dr. Rahal in the list,  yes Hasson is there but they're again advocates of FUT ), so HRN really helped me short list 10 surgeons before making the final call :) 

2.   ONLY FUE for ME –  My heart said a Big “No“ to a linear scar;  doesn’t matter if some Doctors persuade you with somewhat genuine reasoning's to avoid FUE such as :

FUE provides Less density,  FUT offers more grafts and saves Donor area as untouched for future sessions,  FUE is a blind process etc.

Dr. Feller and Dr. Soni ( Medispa India) seems like the two biggest advocates of FUT over FUE and I agree with some of their explanations as it sounds logical.

Dr. Soni really pushed me to sign up with FUT and said his scar technique is different. Promised that he will close it in a way where almost no scarring is visible . It was tough buying into that argument, additionally  recent negative reviews about him  and I finally decided to brush him aside at that point.

3.    Doctor MUST perform the operation (No technicians)  – I could only find someone as reputed as Dr. Bhatti who performs 80% of the procedures that includes Hair trimming (to feel your hair ), Anesthesia, FUE Extractions with motorized punch and Incisions.

In Turkey where I was almost sold at one point,  all operations are run by Technicians. Not a Plastic surgeon, no educational background/ competency level ( it's scary as they're known as the butchers of HT industry) 

I wish Dr. Bhatti would implant the grafts too ( not his nurses) for extra cost but I guess it will be a tedious job for a busy surgeon to sit for another 4 hours or so .......

Am I asking for too much :) 

4.       World class facility matching North American standards  with Heart rate monitoring, proper blood tests, blood pressure check up, spotless , Face coverings during entire operation and sterile environment.

5.       Super microscopes and Magnifiers is a must ( Most Turkish clinics operate with naked eyes, when I asked they tried to sell me bull *&****  )

This is extremely important during all 4 phases of operation :

Extraction – To make sure proper gaps are left in between grafts in the donor area and get the right angle before using the punch.

Sorting – To count how many pure singles, doubles, triples and quads ( if any ) are collected.

Incisions – To ensure least collateral damage, magnifier will show 6 x scalp surface so during incisions, holes are made at the right angle, depth and only on bald scalp areas ( not where you've some fine hairs). This should also minimize some shock loss in the post op phase.

Implantation -  Imperative to only use pure singles / baby soft hairs in the very first few rows of hairline and Temples. If by mistake, they implant doubles – it will give a pluggy look and I would rate that transplant as 50% failed right then and there. If during implant, nurses grab a multi - haired graft, at least microscopes will allow them to revisit to find a pure single graft and then insert it in the right spot. Joe Tillman's video is quite helpful : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeQ4ZvEHb7Y

6.    Doctor should have a solid reputation on major forums, hair restoration network, should be well read, traveled, have some global exposure, recommended by Bald-truth, Spex and many other HT mentors like Joe Tillman. Dr. Bhatti checks all those boxes.

Yes – there are some mixed opinions about him (and every other Top HT surgeon out there) but perfection is impossible to achieve; so I decided to just look at the bigger picture and go for it.

7.   Detailed info, pre op care, post op care, regular contacts and supporting your patients in their hours of greatest needs is of utmost importance. Its well know that Dr. Bhatti, Shera ( his rep) , California would contact their  ex. Patients regarding some concerns, would stand by them and not disappear. This was impressive.

8.   Patient advisor should be genuine, honest and straightforward  – So far, Shera has been awesome, friendly and taking care of all my minor/ major concerns. Always reachable, quick responses and a real time patient who has experienced the same Doctor few years ago first hand. In the long run, it helps to have a contact like him for small chats if need be.

I will continue to share my Journey  with Darling buds and also, highlight If any red flags are there. 

So far,  I’m just one naive internet researcher in this field who talks based on theories and hypothetical situations, I don’t have any practical experiences yet.

Assuming I've made a good decision by choosing this clinic (over others) and trying to keep a positive mindset hoping I will be in good hands is the only thing I can do now. 

One Sr. Member said it wisely – “For Dr. Bhatti and his staff ( or other clinics)  18th March will be just another day with another patient like thousands came before and will come after, but for a patient who’s been researching on this constantly day/night, it’s a big life event and 18th is one of the most important day of his life after which either he could regain his lost confidence or could loose it forever “    After all, handing off your head to someone for the entire day isn’t one easy decision :)

I’ve seen members here supporting each other against doctors if results aren’t satisfactory. That speaks volumes and the main reason as to why I joined here to gain support from my so called “Anonymous hair restoration family”

Dr. Bhatti's hairlines were talked about – not too dense? Any suggestions?  Should I revisit this with him ?  I don't want a sparse hairline but Not sure if this was an old issue (one -off) 

Also, I’ve not met Dr Bhatti for any F2F consulting yet or a video consultation, plan is to meet him a day before my procedure. So far, Shera is my driving force.

I’m hoping for a life changing experience (like many others), regain my lost confidence and I always say “ Hope “ is something that brings us to these Doctor’s doorsteps.

Yes finance and reviews are important aspects but we all hope to be treated in the best possible way during our special treatment day. A little daunting for me to fly all the way, get operated in a surgical room, holes in my head but I’m collecting all the courage in this world to get this done. Shera is helping like one true Samaritan :)

If some of you are able to read this completely, my apologies for such a long note but this is the only forum where I am able to  write everything anonymously and vent out if need be.

My Journey to be continued……………………………………………………………………………………............................................

Edited by HLPToronto
  • Like 1

• Administrators

You are a norwood 6 diffused thinner. The entire top scalp is going to be bald eventually. It’s hard to hear, but it’s the truth. Can you post a picture of your donor?

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

22 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

You are a norwood 6 diffused thinner. The entire top scalp is going to be bald eventually. It’s hard to hear, but it’s the truth. Can you post a picture of your donor?

Oops ! Thanks for the honest feedback Melvin-Moderator. Much appreciated !!!

I always thought today I am NW 3 or 4 going towards NW 6 eventually in the next 10 years as I thought NW 6 means its completely bald in the center ( not a single hair alive) 

• Now, I think my donor area is solid but again correct me if need be  ( some pics below) 
  • Also, do you think 3500 FUE grafts should give me good density if I take all meds religiously, exercise, strict diet, blood circulation, Derma rolling after the procedure  ?

IMG_20190224_2030137.jpg

IMG_20190224_2030163.jpg

IMG_20190224_2030266.jpg

IMG_20190224_2030336.jpg

• Administrators

It looks solid enough however, looks like you have fine hair. Fine hair has it’s pros and cons like anything. The pro is hairlines look really natural. The con is it takes more hair to create visual density.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

14 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

It looks solid enough however, looks like you have fine hair. Fine hair has it’s pros and cons like anything. The pro is hairlines look really natural. The con is it takes more hair to create visual density.

Agreed !  If Hairline look really natural ( which I haven't lost completely ) I would be a happy camper :) 

As implanted grafts should nicely blend  in with my existing hairline grafts; it should produce some natural thick results.

Regarding overall density, now I see why every clinic quoted me to get more than 3000 Grafts . Thanks Melvin !

20 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Also, what's your recommendation for my breakdown of 3500 grafts on the entire region :

1500 to solidify my hairline which should be half moon straight shaped ( I guess no need to lower it down )

500 on temples

750 - mid scalp  

750 - crown 

or should I request Dr. Bhatti to insert more than 1500 on my hairline alone ?   

5 minutes ago, paddyirishman said:

BEST OF LUCK HLPTORONTO. ITS A BIG FLIGHT FOR YOU. LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH DR.BHATTI. KEEP US UPDATED PLEASE 

......ALL THE BEST .....

........PADDY.......

Thank you Paddyirishman !

I am collecting all  "the good lucks" in this world and the " courage" to get this done :) 

I will keep you guys updated with my results 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, HLPToronto said:

Also, what's your recommendation for my breakdown of 3500 grafts on the entire region :

1500 to solidify my hairline which should be half moon straight shaped ( I guess no need to lower it down )

500 on temples

750 - mid scalp  

750 - crown 

or should I request Dr. Bhatti to insert more than 1500 on my hairline alone ?   

In my opinion, I would not touch the crown. 750 grafts will not make a difference. I would concentrate around 2,000 grafts and rebuilding the hairline first. Once you have the hairline, then do the midscalp and then do the crown last. You want to make sure you have enough grafts to adequately work those to areas that are the most important.

• Like 1

View my thread

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

In my opinion, I would not touch the crown. 750 grafts will not make a difference. I would concentrate around 2,000 grafts and rebuilding the hairline first. Once you have the hairline, then do the midscalp and then do the crown last. You want to make sure you have enough grafts to adequately work those to areas that are the most important.

Makes sense but I am hoping there is some improvement on Crown also after my surgery ( at least better than how it looks today)

Why : "Because a thick hairline and mid scalp full of hair and no hair at all on the crown screams HT " as someone said wisely. 

Its an extremely delicate balance with uniform distribution :)  but thank you for being the 2nd pair of eyes on my condition.

I will provide a breakdown once things are done ! 

Edited by HLPToronto

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Also I heard that if trips and quads ( if any ) as per my luck and doctor's hard work using microscopic lenses are kept especially for the crown area, then 750 grafts could make some difference.

750 x 3 = 2250 new hair which will blend with my existing few hundred hairs on the crown to give some significant improvement ( I know I am talking in my dream world LOL ) 

Edited by HLPToronto

Hi HLP, 

Great write-up, and solid reasoning!

I just came from my post regarding the DHT methods. Seems like you made a really solid choice. 

That mid-surgery payment seems extremely troubling, and very strange, if it is true.

I was looking to consult with Eugenix/Dr. Sethi, but I should probably do a deeper dive into client testimonials.

Best of luck mate, really hope it works out for you :)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bonkling said:

Hi HLP, 

I just came from my post regarding the DHT methods. Seems like you made a really solid choice. 

That mid-surgery payment seems extremely troubling, and very strange, if it is true.

I was looking to consult with Eugenix/Dr. Sethi, but I should probably do a deeper dive into client testimonials.

Thank you Bonkling :)

For us patients, the hardest decision which consumes the most time is to decide which doctor to select/trust/ be hopeful with/affordable/reputed/ethical/experienced.  This is such a cumbersome task ( mentally ) for most patients 

Good Luck in your search, I feel if done right - Traditional FUE could provide better results than DHI ( if not done right) 

Edited by HLPToronto

29 minutes ago, bonkling said:

Hi HLP, 

Also, that choi pen for DHT  when inserted will just do it in one shot which could be great or disastrous

As it could either insert the graft too deep or leave it slightly above the surface which could never get connected to your nervous system and falls out shortly afterwards since there is not much manual control or intervention per graft in DHT. You move to the next one. One shot and move on. Like a staple punch on a piece of paper.

Tradition FUE uses 2 hands and insert with some precision/strength to make sure it goes deep in there.

My opinion but I could be wrong here 

Edited by HLPToronto

4 hours ago, bonkling said:

Hi HLP, 

:

To add: a wise member once said :  it's not proven how they could adjust all singles, doubles, trips with different diameter sizes into the same choi pen ( width wise ) . It's a grey area with not much clarity yet. 

Hence my decision to go with FUE 

Edited by HLPToronto

• Administrators
3 hours ago, HLPToronto said:

Also I heard that if trips and quads ( if any ) as per my luck and doctor's hard work using microscopic lenses are kept especially for the crown area, then 750 grafts could make some difference.

750 x 3 = 2250 new hair which will blend with my existing few hundred hairs on the crown to give some significant improvement ( I know I am talking in my dream world LOL ) 

I really don’t think so. I’ve never seen any case where less than 1,000 grafts made a significant difference. I would wait until the hairline and midscalp is done and then focus entirely on the crown if your donor permits it.

• Like 1

View my thread

49 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I really don’t think so. I’ve never seen any case where less than 1,000 grafts made a significant difference. I would wait until the hairline and midscalp is done and then focus entirely on the crown if your donor permits it.

My assumption got build watching this video from a Reputed doctor/HT mentor but it makes sense what you are recommending me to focus upon first

HLPToronto,

Just wanted to add a thanks for your detailed reasoning in choosing Dr Bhatti.

I'm looking forward to my continued involvement in your journey, I think I'm more excited than you!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Shera said:

HLPToronto,

Just wanted to add a thanks for your detailed reasoning in choosing Dr Bhatti.

I'm looking forward to my continued involvement in your journey, I think I'm more excited than you!

Thanks Shera for the support and guidance!  

Edited by HLPToronto