Hair Concealer after an FUE Procedure

Nordic80

Last week I underwent a transplant, FUE procedure of 5,000 grafts. This is my second transplant in 2 years. My first procedure was FUT. I have always used a high amount of concealer though mainly Toppik. After my first procedure my surgeon recommended me to wait at least 2 weeks before I use any Toppik again which I had no problem doing but after my procedure last week my surgeon has recommended I wait at least 6 months before I use hair concealer again which took me by surprise.

I go back to work soon and was hoping to use Toppik again but is it necessary that I wait for at least 6 months or is it safe to use after 2 weeks or try and hold off for as long as I can?

Thank you.

I would have thought you should be OK using Toppik at this point washing it out each evening.

But first I would advise you to clarify with your doctor the reasons why he opposes its use.

Ultimately you have to respect the advice of your doctor.

Was you previous surgery where you used Toppik after 2 weeks a success?

Edited by Shera
Spelling

Hi Shera,

Thanks for your reply. After the first procedure I waited at least 2.5 months before I applied any Toppik, probably twice a month after that and then daily after 8 months. I did wash it out every evening. It was a success to an extent, there was growth but lacked density. My first procedure was only on the front region, so I used the Toppik to cover middle region and crown. My procedure last week covered the whole area.

• 5 weeks later...

6 months is just insanity. after 10 days your hairs are locked into place. I'm not doc, however once you see your scalp has healed what would be the matter? usually after about 3 weeks or so I slowly but surely got back into my routine... 

First transplant with karamikian 6/05, less than 1000 to my hairline, result was mediocre at best.

2nd HT with Feller 2/08, 3000+ to my front third.