How do you rest with a hair transplant on the donor area?

I'm going to get a hair transplant later this year on the back of my head...donor is depleted and a bit patchy, so I thought I could fix it up by adding some chest hair to it. 

But how would I rest/recover without rubbing the back of head against anything? I most likely will do this procedure overseas...so I'm sure the flight trip back would be very inconvenient if I cannot lay back to rest my head.

First few night while is still bleeding or oozing u put a cover on your pillow. Many recommend a neck pillow to keep a bit elevated. Just follow your doctors post op instructions and u should be fine

nvm I just realized u were talking about implanting into the donor...my bad

Edited by PlzRespond

5 hours ago, Corbinite said:

I'm going to get a hair transplant later this year on the back of my head...donor is depleted and a bit patchy, so I thought I could fix it up by adding some chest hair to it. 

But how would I rest/recover without rubbing the back of head against anything? I most likely will do this procedure overseas...so I'm sure the flight trip back would be very inconvenient if I cannot lay back to rest my head.

I see your point there Corbinite.

It's quite rare as already mentioned in your previous thread to have grafts implanted in the donor area.

I think you are going to have to improvise with this. The first night following the surgery you are going to have to sleep upright with  your head forward, you could do this by doubling up on the flight pillows to create that buffer between your donor area and the back of the chair to ensure you don't squash/dislodge the newly implanted grafts.

For subsequent nights you could again sleep in the chair using the same technique or you could play about with kids swimming rings to see if you can use these to sleep without rubbing on your implanted grafts. 2-3 nights of careful hardship and then you should be OK to relax a little more as your grafts will be firmly embedded.

It's probably wise to stay a few days post surgery before flying back.

Edited by Shera
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I had to sleep sitting up in a chair. I do it so easily when I'm at my computer. LOL. But it was not so easy when I had to.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.