FUE 4,350 grafts by Dr. Hasson

2 Months. Photos below taken at Day 62. Starting to see some signs of growth. Pink/redness still quite visible. Left temple coming in stronger than the right, but there was more native hair on the left to begin with, so I guess that makes sense. Still have a long road ahead, but trying to stay focused on the positive. 

This is hopefully the toughest part of the process. Have been clipping the rest of my native with a #1 setting to try to make it all look as uniform as possible. “Try” being the key word... it is what it is I guess. 

7DD903BD-018C-48A9-82DA-85527DE77425.jpeg

170DBA4E-C56D-4715-9E6D-05A9356C5877.jpeg

3669F002-4D97-4CF0-B50A-E03A9E8E3B24.jpeg

D1EDFDA7-FCB0-4369-8E54-5F9727F35ED3.jpeg

FAB2F17D-49AA-42B5-83CB-FC4CBE9AD6F6.jpeg

36F00667-4B4A-4904-B5E1-53444CEA0020.jpeg

Hey mate, good luck on the growing, the work looks really clean and precise which is always a good sign, most of us know that background well enough to say you went to a good Dr, either one of them lol. My question is... is that really 4k grafts or is it 4k hairs so around 2k grafts? It just doesn't look like the usual 4k graft type HT's I've seen in other threads. 4K usually covers a lot more of the scalp if I'm not mistaken. Maybe Melvin or one of the other experts can clarify this.

Edited by Kiwi Guy

Hey @Kiwi Guy thanks. 

As for the count, it was 4350 grafts - not hairs. The Dr felt that given the diameter of my hairs, anything less than 4K, even in that frontal area alone, would appear thin. 

Below is the breakdown I was given:

Day 1: 

2,633 Grafts

• 404 singles
  • 1639 doubles
  • 590 multi's
  • (~5,452 hairs)

Day 2: 

1,717 Grafts

• 113 singles
  • 1109 doubles
  • 495 multi's
  • (~3,816 hairs)

Total: 4,350 grafts 

• 517 singles 
  • 2748 doubles 
  • 1085 multi’s

~9,268 hairs

Hoping it comes out thick and full. 

Edited by SprayPaint
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SprayPaint said:

Hey @Kiwi Guy thanks. 

As for the count, it was 4350 grafts - not hairs. The Dr felt that given the diameter of my hairs, anything less than 4K, even in that frontal area alone, would appear thin. 

Below is the breakdown I was given:

Day 1: 

2,633 Grafts

• 404 singles
  • 1639 doubles
  • 590 multi's
  • (~5,452 hairs)

Day 2: 

1,717 Grafts

• 113 singles
  • 1109 doubles
  • 495 multi's
  • (~3,816 hairs)

Total: 4,350 grafts 

• 517 singles 
  • 2748 doubles 
  • 1085 multi’s

~9,268 hairs

Hoping it comes out thick and full. 

Thanks for the clarification bro, oh that's good of the doc to be as honest as that, the reason I asked you that specifically is my hair and type of thinning is almost identical to yours so was wondering on the logistics of your surgery.

Question for the larger group: How long after an HT can you go out in the sun without a hat? As Spring/Summer approaches I’m wondering about going to the beach, swimming, and get sun exposure on the scalp?

I anticipate I’ll be told by everyone to wear a hat a lot, and I get that. My question is is there any consensus out there as to when you can return to normal amounts of sun exposure / sun tans without concern? And what is the concern? Damage to hair follicles or sun damage to skin that’s still sensitive due to the surgery? 

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2019 at 2:06 PM, Zinedine said:

Looking good man... how is it going? You getting those little ones coming already? 

Dont forget to update! Thanks a lot  and best of luck ; )

Will post my 3month update in about a week. 

• 2 weeks later...

3 Month photos. 

Feeling carefully optimistic at this point as growth seems to have really begun in earnest. The increase in growth seen below even from the photos taken on Day 92 vs Day 100 are giving me a lot of hope. 

Obviously still thinner in certain parts than others, but overall it’s starting to happen. 

Any questions, lmk. 

EAE03391-2CB8-45E6-98EF-02A503A03816.jpeg

BF3AF5DA-1CCF-4D02-A639-03C904B9AEA7.jpeg

19D6B16D-3A22-4A45-99FD-6CC35207F514.jpeg

4A350505-25EC-47D4-88CB-658489FAEADE.jpeg

Edited by SprayPaint

Looking good! I noticed lots of progress at my 75th day or so going forward. Seems each week brings a noticeable change. I also see your redness fading/becoming less noticable (partially due to new hairs).

Happy growing!

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

4 Months. 

Starting to really see some light at the end of the tunnel!

The first four pics below are taken with and without flash, first thing in the morning. The final pics are taken later in the day following a haircut and combing the hair to the side instead of straight forward. 

The top front-right section of my head is still the weakest in terms of new growth, but considering that was also my baldest spot going into the procedure, I guess that makes sense. 

Not sure if all the hair that will eventually grow has already now sprouted?? But hoping, at a minimum, that the hair now there will continue to thicken over the next few months?

Overall, however, very pleased so far with the direction things are heading. 

Some of you may also notice I changed the title of the thread to now include Dr Hasson’s name. I had initially not identified the surgeon (although I concede that the blue background was pretty much a giveaway). As pleased as I now am with how things are progressing, I thought it only fair to pay credit where credit is due. 

As I have said from the beginning, the surgeon and his team were incredible. Dr Hasson and his tech treated me with the respect and courtesy one would hope for. He was candid and honest with me about my expectations versus the reality of the situation - and as I sit here today, I’m so glad I listened to him. 

I have nothing but positive things to say about my time with his team in Vancouver. So far, I think it was definitely worth the trip!

25B9AA5A-40CC-429A-9906-F5A0B1D5ECD3.jpeg

91A3EE66-C3AF-432B-BC25-364BCBCB3142.jpeg

6AE4BF6E-5337-4ABD-B1AF-1B277BEDFA4D.jpeg

20A3B881-91B4-452A-8F83-C10EF01B31C7.jpeg

AFB48F82-94F3-42D6-B144-902BBF5294EA.jpeg

4FE5AA2F-EABC-48B7-BFA9-36C81D7D0EFF.jpeg

1871C099-6BB9-488D-B5DF-D3D195B4BDCE.jpeg

You're reaching and nearly passing the threshold of thinning v regular hair density. Super stoked to see your results! Great job on your recovery process and great job for Hasson! You've kept your hair short, and it looks good. I think you can now grow your hair out to style however you prefer, should you want to grow it out. 

Again, looks great!

• Thanks 1

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

On 5/17/2019 at 12:09 AM, flyinghotnow said:

Looks awesome. Your hair will be great by summer. Only wish I was more strategic in planning my dates.

Thanks @flyinghotnow   

Planning dates was a big part of the process for me and would recommend it to other guys as well. I knew I’d want as much time as possible before going back to the office, so purposely scheduled the HT just before Christmas knowing id just lay low during the holidays and that I’d have about 15 days before returning to work. Then with it being winter I could wear a ski cap the other 90% of the time and no one would think twice.  Now with summer approaching I just look like I got a “really short cut for summer” and will continue to let it grow over the next few months. 

@Lennney I’m a big believer in keeping the whole head really short during the first several months of recovery. I first saw @Arminius take that approach and it never looked like he was “recovering” from anything, just a guy with really short hair that was slowly getting longer uniformly. It made sense and I’m glad I took that approach. People just assumed I shaved my head on a whim and now that it’s filling in they’re none the wiser and are just like “Ah, I see you’re over the shaved head look.” And I’m like, “yup.”

Of course every guy has to decide what works for him, but for those trying to figure out how to navigate the ugly duckling phase, that would definitely be my advice.

Edited by SprayPaint
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

***Month 5 Pics***

Hey Fellas. Below are some photos from the 5 month mark. A few taken in the morning and then one after a haircut. No fillers or Toppik in any. 

I’m thrilled with the progress. This past month has definitely seen the most growth by far. 

My hair looks less dense and some weak spots are noticeable if I comb it the opposite way, against the grain, but hoping that’ll eventually get better as the hair continues to thicken. 

I've also included two “before” pics below from the morning of the surgery, which I frequently use to remind myself where I started. It really helps when I start to over analyze my new growth. It’s a huge change and I’m thrilled.

Absolutely no regrets at this point. 

Let me know if any questions, and of course feedback welcome...

0CF12161-D5CD-4317-8778-942593999EB6.jpeg

D3896805-7B9B-40F3-94E8-452118DD762B.jpeg

EA300548-D8A3-4AA8-887E-431EBFC8FB7D.jpeg

F713E281-94EA-43D6-AC74-BA9BEA1968AF.jpeg

08A4C808-952D-4CFF-9FED-C555859E5CC0.jpeg

555FD598-ABF4-42B4-AE7F-018BE27248A5.jpeg

8 hours ago, shookwon33 said:

very nice progress my friend. Do you know how many cm your new hairline is from the top of your eyebrow? Or im not sure if its supposed to be measured from hairine to the middle of the eyebrow? @SprayPaint

2 inches from the highest part of my eyebrows 

5 hours ago, shookwon33 said:

wait only 5 cm from hairline to eyebrow? Are you sure? That's a super low of a hairline. From the picture i would assume it was 7 cm. The average Caucasian hairline is 7-8 cm. @SprayPaint

I measured from the lowest point of the hairline (widow’s peak) to the highest point  of my eyebrows. 2”. 

I didn’t really go in with expectations of measurements. He just drew a few options of what he thought would look good and we went with the lowest one (the thin black-dotted line, not the purple ones).