Hair Loss Forums Changed The Hair Transplant Industry

• Administrators

It is forums like this one, that revolutionized the hair transplant industry. Back in the day the hair transplant industry was like the wild wild west. People were being victimized and had little to no recourse afterwards. In fact, most didn't believe that a good hair transplant could even exist, they simply thought that the procedure itself was bad. In my opinion, sharing our experiences is the single most valuable thing that this forum has provided. It has changed the way we research and changed the way surgeons perform their surgery. What do you guys think?

Hair Loss Forums Changed The Hair Transplant Industry

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

If you really think about it, we are only helping a handful of people.  Don't get me wrong, I truly enjoy participating and value what we, as a communal group, are trying to achieve.  Many people out there need help in one way or another.  Lucky are those who find the site...that are doing the research.....That does bring up a question. What are we doing to promote the site?  How can we truly become a source of information to all that are considering hair transplants?  It is unbelievable how many still think that plugs are state of the art.

It certainly has spread the word as to who does good work and who doesn't.  The forums and improved technology have increased the likelihood that the average patient will receive a good result.

Edited by Curious

• 2 weeks later...

I agree this forum is a very useful and helpful resource. However I think it could be improved to help people even more. Ive seen a few patients who shared their experience of a HT with pictures and a write up and when their result was not as good as it should have been expected, ( and these Clinics are accepted and approved on this Network ) and other forum members were in agreement with this the write up of the patient comes to a sudden halt. Nobody knows what happened next? In all probability the patient would have made the Clinic that they recieved their HT from aware of the fact that the result was way below a good result. In a situation like this the forum and network who accepted and approved the Clinics in the first place should be smarter and wiser and insist that the approved Clinic who performed the HT give an explanation on why they think the HT of the patient on this forum recieved a poor outcome. Im not suggesting it should become a blame game to the Clinic, however It is the obvious way to end the thread so everybody can learn .afterall thats what we are here for.

What do you guys think???

.....Paddy.....

• Like 2