Melvin-Moderator

Hair Loss Forums Changed The Hair Transplant Industry

It is forums like this one, that revolutionized the hair transplant industry. Back in the day the hair transplant industry was like the wild wild west. People were being victimized and had little to no recourse afterwards. In fact, most didn't believe that a good hair transplant could even exist, they simply thought that the procedure itself was bad. In my opinion, sharing our experiences is the single most valuable thing that this forum has provided. It has changed the way we research and changed the way surgeons perform their surgery. What do you guys think?

Hair Loss Forums Changed The Hair Transplant Industry

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

I think you are 100% correct. I thank you and the rest of the staff for promoting an environment where manners, support, balance and true information is key.

If you really think about it, we are only helping a handful of people.  Don't get me wrong, I truly enjoy participating and value what we, as a communal group, are trying to achieve.  Many people out there need help in one way or another.  Lucky are those who find the site...that are doing the research.....That does bring up a question. What are we doing to promote the site?  How can we truly become a source of information to all that are considering hair transplants?  It is unbelievable how many still think that plugs are state of the art.

Posted (edited)

It certainly has spread the word as to who does good work and who doesn't.  The forums and improved technology have increased the likelihood that the average patient will receive a good result.

Edited by Curious