FUE - 5015 Grafts - Dr Koray Erdogan - Asmed - 1st - 4th March 2019

I would like to share my recent HT experience at Asmed as this forum played a deciding factor in helping me discover and choose Dr Erdogan, so believe it’s fair to try and give something back based on my own experiences. 

I’m 31 from the UK and have thought about getting a HT for around 6 years. My hairline started receding from my early 20’s and from around 28/29 I noticed my hair on top was very much starting to thin so knew the time to do something about it was approaching faster then I had anticipated. I actually had 3 consultations in the UK over the

space of a couple of years in my late 20’s but when I turned 31 and realised my hair on top was deteriorating quiet rapidly, I realised it was time to do something about it and also be open to having surgery abroad. I contacted a few clinics in Turkey, Cyprus and Belgium and all gave me a very similar graft number quotation.

So I booked up and arrived in Turkey the 27th of Feb, the day before my consultation. From the moment I arrived at Istanbul airport and was picked up by my driver the whole experience has been amazing and actually exceeded my expectations. I opted to stay at the clinic itself and it’s very modern, clean and you can tell no expense has been spared as it’s a fabulous building.

I had my consultation with Dr Erdogan on the 28th of Feb and on closer inspection my hair needed a lot more work from what he had seen in the 12 photos I had sent. My original estimate of between 2,500-3,000 grafts (which all clinics quoted) turned into 4,000. To be fair once my hair was analysed I had a feeling my hair loss may appear worse then the actual 12 photos of it dry and wet. The Doctor drew a hairline for 4,000 grafts but actually said he would like to use 5,000 grafts to bring my hairline even lower and to add some side temples too. With both lines drawn on my head there was no comparison so I made a phone call back home and luckily arranged to have more money transferred as the cash I brought didn’t cover 5,000 grafts. It also meant having my original procedure start on Friday the 1st of March but I would need a second day on the Monday 4th to finish the procedure. They let met stay at the clinic for the extra days needed for free and my co-ordinator re-arranged my flight back home for me too.

I have just arrived back from Turkey and I couldn’t be happier with how everything has worked out. Everyone who works at the clinic are amazing, caring and genuinely do care for your needs. The staff are so friendly and have made my experience much more enjoyable then what I thought it might be. I’m actually going to really miss all the staff, as I say they have all been incredible to me and my personal co-ordinator has been amazing and caring too. She is one of the nicest people I’ve ever met and always kept me updated and answered all questions I had even before I arrived in Turkey. I honestly don’t think I could have picked a better clinic to carry out my procedure and literally couldn’t pick a single fault in the 6 nights I ended up staying at Asmed.

I will add some stats on my hair once I arrive home but my thickness is 55 microns and been taking Finasteride 1mg 5 weeks before procedure.

Thanks for reading and I would be happy to answer any questions or give advice about choosing Asmed, but so far I’m so happy I decided to go with Asmed.<

The first 2 photos are straight after my first day of the procedure. 

094888D7-40A0-4E80-8F50-E3A26C0B61CE.jpeg

EF0ACF0E-9F3C-4ED3-A067-91F13B76C952.jpeg

385A1F86-D20D-4FC8-81E8-1FE9FE737626.jpeg

9F83E10F-03D5-477C-B53A-7E88C5E76424.jpeg

4A26B1B4-17A6-49CB-896C-F125804800FD.jpeg

6835A723-DB31-4ADA-B4F9-CF9B0DD05928.jpeg

1FF4CD17-633A-46D3-94A7-606527112CE3.jpeg

CE0715A0-1ACD-4A56-9FA9-A45756A6FDD4.jpeg

Looks brilliant. You will be happy about having the temple work completed. It's an area I wish I had looked at. Frames your face so well. Take good care of those grafts for the next few days. 

• Like 1

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Thanks Guys, 

I’m still amazed at how much 1000 grafts made a difference in the hairline. Dr Erdogan said he wanted 500 grafts to lower the hairline more and 250 grafts each side for the temples. 

I’m trying my best to follow all the after op instructions. The hardest and most difficult thing I’m finding at the moment is sleeping at night, but I did buy a memoryfoam neck pillow which is more comfortable then the standard ones I’ve found. 

I would also like to know in terms of people’s hair regime, how much of a difference supplements etc make based on your own experiences? 

I’m taking Finasteride but undecided if I should start high doses of Biotin and will that make much of a difference. 

Cheers guys 

10 minutes ago, BjornBorg said:

Thank you for a detailed write-up. Any pictures of your donor with a bit longer hair?

Please keep this thread updated no matter the outcome. It is very much appreciated. :)

Hope these help. This is my donor area dry at home and wet at the clinic. 

Yes I’ll keep my thread updated as I’m sure I’ll need advice over the next 6-12 months. 

B4261644-0CB4-4488-A7BD-2E3C55C69687.jpeg

840F6D2F-BA24-4ECD-ABF9-1EDBA1A7AD6B.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DEB1982 said:

Looks brilliant. You will be happy about having the temple work completed. It's an area I wish I had looked at. Frames your face so well. Take good care of those grafts for the next few days. 

Thanks mate,

I’m still amazed at how much 1000 grafts made a difference in the hairline. Dr Erdogan said he wanted 500 grafts to lower the hairline more and 250 grafts each side for the temples. 

I literally went with the hairline and side temples the Doctor recommended and didn’t change at all where I was so happy with them in the first place. 

I’ve attached a couple of photos from the drawn hairline and day 3 after surgery. 

94D3A003-43B0-434D-A8E9-9391F07F37B9.jpeg

FDD98055-FCC0-4DBD-8DC5-4ABF164283F8.jpeg

8844F291-18F2-46DF-82D8-7F5E9887A715.jpeg

9 hours ago, hairlossPA said:

good luck man. happy growing

Thank you 🤞🏻

Can anyone advice on realistic expectations for density in the hairline? My natural hair isn’t thick so I know I need to be realistic. I had 2800 grafts in the hairline and side temples. I’ve attached some photos and hope these help. 

Hair thickness: 55 microns 

Thanks 

47E878AF-37F0-4606-8434-3E908C6AA461.jpeg

E808DD17-C9B4-4453-8E20-489D7FC65A53.jpeg

On 3/7/2019 at 8:42 PM, Craig2412 said:

10 day update 

Here are some photos since I’ve reached 10 days since my procedure. The scabs only came off within the last 2 days through washing my hair for longer and using my fingertips while washing which the clinic recommended. 

Lol not looking forward to losing the new hairline but hopefully everything turns out ok months down the line.

A22A2EEE-633D-40E9-9E51-6D0DEBC3370D.jpeg

19C9780F-ABB3-4A57-B140-8955DCC6D102.jpeg

352B0DF5-DE6E-41FA-91BD-D8BC4A052AD5.jpeg

6C09A238-78A7-4FB2-82DF-8EEB5BF2EA3F.jpeg

62EBD85B-47B9-42A0-8956-39FCD0AA30B8.jpeg

Thank you, if I can get anywhere close to your result I would be absolutely delighted. I’ve been taking fin for 2 months now and ordered a stronger dose of Biotin and MSM which come Wednesday. 

With regards to the rogaine foam, I’m in 2 minds if I should try this during the ugly duckling phase to try and help with re-growth. I know you mentioned it made a difference to you and thats what’s got me thinking. 

• 1 month later...

7 weeks in and I would say 95% of the hairs shed between weeks 3-5. I’ve been applying aloe Vera to the recipient area every night as it’s still pink but better then what it was, but I know the second month is one of the hardest months. I can see new hairs coming through within the past 2 weeks. I’ve also taken a photo of the donor area. 

79B633BC-3BD2-4CD1-A2A6-8D1ADB08C1B8.jpeg

E251C8F5-C545-40F5-A879-94F9F5320415.jpeg

DBC8C2A3-C81A-4AF5-A006-480705B2A52B.jpeg

On 3/9/2019 at 12:52 AM, Craig2412 said:

Thank you 🤞🏻

Can anyone advice on realistic expectations for density in the hairline? My natural hair isn’t thick so I know I need to be realistic. I had 2800 grafts in the hairline and side temples. I’ve attached some photos and hope these help. 

Hair thickness: 55 microns 

Thanks 

47E878AF-37F0-4606-8434-3E908C6AA461.jpeg

E808DD17-C9B4-4453-8E20-489D7FC65A53.jpeg

hey just curious why the doctor left a huge gap between the new hairline and the old baseline hairline. Won't there be gap right there? Why wasn't it filled in? 

2 hours ago, therealmvp2016 said:

hey just curious why the doctor left a huge gap between the new hairline and the old baseline hairline. Won't there be gap right there? Why wasn't it filled in? 

Not OP but I think I can give you an answer since I underwent the same...it’s because they did the procedure over 2-days and that is just the 1st days work, on the 2nd they continue where they left off, I think it shows it in his post op scabbing photos up top.

6 hours ago, therealmvp2016 said:

Sorry those photos was straight after the 1st day on a Friday. I’ve attached a photo straight after the second day which was on a Monday so by then also included swelling. I had grafts placed quite far back towards the crown and even had a small amount of grafts placed on the top of my head as shown below.

65357064-7311-4FA5-8EA8-5CAED86CFFCB.jpeg

44241369-4CD6-4294-85A4-298F550509FE.jpeg

4 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

Not OP but I think I can give you an answer since I underwent the same...it’s because they did the procedure over 2-days and that is just the 1st days work, on the 2nd they continue where they left off, I think it shows it in his post op scabbing photos up top.

Thanks for answering, that was the exact reason.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

Sure! I figured since I went through the same. 👍🏻

Yes I know, I did see your recent photos. It’s looking awesome. It was looking good anyway but with the longer hair and more density now it looks so good. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

Exciting times. Looking at your photos reminds myself of my time there. I would go again. The experience was awesome. 

Thanks mate, I hope the exciting time is not too far off. It’s affected my social life/confidence massively with having to where a cap everywhere in public since week 4. I think where I’ve never had really short hair on top for many years, (mainly to cover my receding hairline and to make hair look thicker) that hasn’t helped but I knew all of this before getting the transplant done. Just hope it will all be worth in time. 

I totally agree, I know it’s very early days still but the experience at the clinic was awesome and met lots of great people. If everything goes to plan it would be the only place again for me to go if I need further work some point in the future. 

10 minutes ago, Craig2412 said:

Thanks mate, I hope the exciting time is not too far off. It’s affected my social life/confidence massively with having to where a cap everywhere in public since week 4. I think where I’ve never had really short hair on top for many years, (mainly to cover my receding hairline and to make hair look thicker) that hasn’t helped but I knew all of this before getting the transplant done. Just hope it will all be worth in time. 

I totally agree, I know it’s very early days still but the experience at the clinic was awesome and met lots of great people. If everything goes to plan it would be the only place again for me to go if I need further work some point in the future. 

Well you should just embrace the bald head look as you won’t be looking like that ever again ! 

2 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

Well you should just embrace the bald head look as you won’t be looking like that ever again ! 

I hope not! I can’t look any worse then at the moment. Out of interest, how long did you wait before getting your back and sides shaved at the barbers? I only ask as I know you had work on your side temples too. I was maybe going to wait until month 5 before going to the barbers.