Jump to content
Craig2412

FUE - 5015 Grafts - Dr Koray Erdogan - Asmed - 1st - 4th March 2019

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

Not sure . I know I only used scissors for a while. But the temples never shed and healed really quickly 

 

3 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

Not sure . I know I only used scissors for a while. But the temples never shed and healed really quickly 

Ok thanks. I’m going to give it a good few months yet. I’ve noticed the same where the side temples have healed pretty quickly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Craig2412 said:

Yes I know, I did see your recent photos. It’s looking awesome. It was looking good anyway but with the longer hair and more density now it looks so good. 

Thanks man! I appreciate the compliment!🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need some advice from any of you guys that have taken/still using Finasteride. 

Does the medication cause a constant inbalance of hormones or will your body adjust to the drug over time? 

I’ve been on the medication for 4 months now and it’s given me cystic acne. (It’s made my skin worse then when I was a teenager)

I take 1.25mg per day but wondering whether lowering the dosage would help? Should I try and ride it out for a few more months and re-consider the medication at 6 months.

thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Craig2412 said:

I need some advice from any of you guys that have taken/still using Finasteride. 

Does the medication cause a constant inbalance of hormones or will your body adjust to the drug over time? 

I’ve been on the medication for 4 months now and it’s given me cystic acne. (It’s made my skin worse then when I was a teenager)

I take 1.25mg per day but wondering whether lowering the dosage would help? Should I try and ride it out for a few more months and re-consider the medication at 6 months.

thanks 

Finestride rarely causes rashes etc 

Yes it will mess up harmone levels if you take it irregularly or keep on changing doses often.

You are taking it above recomended level. Reduce it to 1 mg and see if skin get better. topical retinoid would help aswell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kingbilla said:

Finestride rarely causes rashes etc 

Yes it will mess up harmone levels if you take it irregularly or keep on changing doses often.

You are taking it above recomended level. Reduce it to 1 mg and see if skin get better. topical retinoid would help aswell.

Thanks for the advice. I switched from 1mg Finasteride to Proscar 1.25mg which my clinic provided a years free supply for. But I’ve always taken it every morning without missing a dose. I may lower the dose to 0.5 and see if that helps.

My doctor prescribed me some anti biotics to try and help.

It just seems to me my skin has been much worse after a couple of weeks of starting the Finasteride and seems to be getting worse as time goes on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 month update 

The majority of hairs shed by week 6. I was definitely looking at my worst from week 6 onwards for a little while as the skin was still very pink/red. Within the last 3 weeks I’ve really noticed some of the hairs starting to pop through mainly either side of the hairline so far. The side temples must of not really shed that much as they’re quite noticeable now. I’ve attached an image prior to surgery which show side temples before hand and also a photo from week 6. Any thoughts appreciated. 

I know already I’m going to have to wear my hair either very short or pretty long on top in the future as my hair just isn’t strong/thick enough to look half decent at its current length, but I knew that before I got the transplant.

403E9877-235D-42A4-B219-7B3A2A1B4FC1.jpeg

92CB512B-DF61-41D6-822E-5FBB35999A23.jpeg

D91B17E4-656E-43BD-B6E7-E506B887A125.jpeg

37BBCC96-9EC8-404F-B0F7-1BA2CC1856AF.jpeg

0E5D5B5A-0169-44F3-A6B6-63E4EB5F8F4C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 month update 

Tomorrow marks the 4th month since my hair transplant at Asmed. I’m pleased with the progress so far and noticed quite a big improvement within the last 3 weeks. 

Photos are from sitting on the sofa, in front of the window and bathroom lighting. 

Any thoughts appreciated.

52FF8A60-AA9F-4F34-A326-FF6D71BBDEE0.jpeg

929D49AF-36A0-4C95-962F-80B70F1B7198.jpeg

A673223F-D5C7-4255-AB4E-ED7C8461393A.jpeg

E1FDEB83-6BD7-46EE-92DE-B592342CA2C0.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice progress for your 4th month, I really like the V-shape hairline that Dr Erdogan did for you it fits your appearance and it’s not too high nor too low. Good times ahead! 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Very nice progress for your 4th month, I really like the V-shape hairline that Dr Erdogan did for you it fits your appearance and it’s not too high nor too low. Good times ahead! 👍🏻

Thanks Cosmo, cheers for the feedback. I totally agree, where I’ve gone the best part of 10 years with no hairline and basically having long hair to try and disguise it, I’m really appreciating the difference a hairline makes to framing your face and appearance. I’ve attached another photo which includes my face. I’m going to get my back and sides shaved just before my month 5 update. 

Congratulations on your result. It looks really good, especially now the hairs have thickened. 

0702D032-AE4E-4C58-A98A-59F01B1D256E.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finasteride gave me acne 

I switched to dutasteride and skin cleared very well

Try duta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

Looks really good thus far!

And thanks, I appreciate the compliment!

Thanks dude, would be over the moon if I could get a result similar to yours. I’m not sure if the Fin has played a small part too as I’ve been on that for nearly 6 months now and also improved my lifestyle like going gym every day for the past 3 months.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, elduterino said:

Finasteride gave me acne 

I switched to dutasteride and skin cleared very well

Try duta

Ok cool, I’ll bear that in mind for the future. Since I lowered my dosage to 0.5mg every morning that has certainly helped for the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2019 at 12:57 AM, Craig2412 said:

Thanks dude, would be over the moon if I could get a result similar to yours. I’m not sure if the Fin has played a small part too as I’ve been on that for nearly 6 months now and also improved my lifestyle like going gym every day for the past 3 months.

You’re welcome!

Thanks! Yeah your progress looks on track and plenty of time ahead, I’m even seeing slight thickening improvement even at almost 13 months post-op. 

Always benefitial to keep heathy and a good routine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Mate I cant wait for your six month update 

Edited by E.said
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, E.said said:

Mate I cant wait for your six month update 

Thanks mate, fingers crossed for the next couple of months to see more hairs popping through. For my 6 month update I’m going to get a skin fade haircut on the back and sides which helps my hair on top look a little better where the back and sides are thicker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2019 at 8:09 AM, Craig2412 said:

Thanks mate, fingers crossed for the next couple of months to see more hairs popping through. For my 6 month update I’m going to get a skin fade haircut on the back and sides which helps my hair on top look a little better where the back and sides are thicker. 

Very good growth so far, the best months are around the corner. Please keep us updated with your progress and if you can get that hair cut  for your 6 months update that would be great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, E.said said:

Very good growth so far, the best months are around the corner. Please keep us updated with your progress and if you can get that hair cut  for your 6 months update that would be great

Thank you, I’m very pleased so far with the progress. Of course, I’ll take a few photos at 6 months including my donor once it’s shaved. I’m actually going to get a haircut this weekend (sooner then I had anticipated) only because I feel a little comfortable in losing my cap now when driving to work, going for walks and in the gym. I took this photo last night in the bathroom at 4.5 months more or less now. I feel the hair looks a little better/thicker in the photo then real life at the moment. 

21210E9C-DB04-4E46-B079-72F64914A1C8.jpeg

Edited by Craig2412
To upload photo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4.5 month update 

I got a haircut tonight after work, and really pleased with the progress so far and the donor too which I got faded down to a skin fade around the edges. I left the top untouched as my hair needs to be a certain length to appear more thicker. 

I really hope the progress can continue over the next couple of months, but so far very happy with the hairline the Dr Erdogan has created for me. 

 

 

C961F3D7-8DF6-4D66-9FAE-B6065863F224.jpeg

CB579A80-95E7-4743-813F-DC4EDDBD9A29.jpeg

52006177-A70F-4359-B901-617A58F9741E.jpeg

04E74E18-D8A6-4DA3-8D7F-6941777156F3.jpeg

0E8D7016-C423-4F9B-9464-7BF5C24BA848.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a donor that no non-HT-geek would look twice at. And that's with 5000 grafts! Growth looks right too.

Looks like you mad a great life changing decision. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2019 at 6:07 PM, BjornBorg said:

That is a donor that no non-HT-geek would look twice at. And that's with 5000 grafts! Growth looks right too.

Looks like you mad a great life changing decision. :)

Sorry only just seen your comment. It actually took my barber 3 attempts to go as short as I used to have it as we started off longer and then when he was showing me the back I thought I could get away with shorter. I haven’t received one negative comment regarding the front or back so the average person wouldn’t be able to tell from the donor I think. 

I’m really happy with the progress so far and could well be a life changing decision for the better. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@LordBaldwin I’ve just taken some photos outside and thought best to reply on my own thread. I’m 4 days short from the 5th month. 

Still really happy with the progress, considering my level of hair loss and hair thickness before the HT too. I’m over the moon with the hairline and side temples already. I’m just hoping that I get more hair coming through over the next couple of months between the first row of grafts in the hairline and my natural hairline further back. I know the grafts get spread out further back but hopefully there is more to come there looking back at a photo just before I started shedding. 

Any feedback appreciated. I’ve got 2 photos from inside my office too at work today.

8633D59A-0A9A-4564-893E-3FA8AC455432.jpeg

BFE4AFC3-7612-420A-A591-46B61AAE2D69.jpeg

855725BD-F8E1-40B3-B18D-34EF481F89EE.jpeg

603B4D7A-A50F-4F62-94EB-B5278BB545FF.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Craig2412 said:

0CC4262E-D2E6-45A4-95E2-1713520037F6.jpeg

45EC6D26-9287-41AB-9C3E-DB7799286AA1.jpeg

This looks really good for five months, IMO.  I think you'll end up being happy.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LordBaldwin said:

This looks really good for five months, IMO.  I think you'll end up being happy.

Thank you, I’m already really happy with the progress so think there’s a good chance I’ll be happy at 12 months.

I was a little nervous up until the 3.5 month seeing some of the negative posts on here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×