FUE - 5015 Grafts - Dr Koray Erdogan - Asmed - 1st - 4th March 2019

9 minutes ago, AlexEfim said:

Is this a surgeon's recommendation (Finasteride)? How long do u think to take it?

The doctor recommended I take finasteride from my online consultation but I had started it a few months prior. I’m going to try and take it for the rest of my life if possible. I haven’t noticed any sides and kind of wish I had started it years ago.

• 1 month later...

I’m at 11.5 months now so very close to the 12 month mark. At 11 months I didn’t get a haircut for 3 weeks so took a photo of the donor as it was the longest it’s been since getting my first haircut 4.5 months in. 
Hard to notice any more progress from last update but still so pleased with the result. 
Any feedback appreciated. 
For 12 months I’ll get some photos outside too but I’ve attached some photos under bathroom lighting with my hair dry after a shower with no product in and then styled after. 

2C8BD4B7-A5D1-4C66-8A71-6FDB8D73E81B.jpeg

195C2893-21AC-4BEE-8399-BBD6F98721B6.jpeg

E0EFC68E-762B-4BF3-9AFA-DC24F33880BA.jpeg

96C44C27-A7DD-43CD-9B30-F46F3D51217F.jpeg

6B99BF65-6F4D-4C63-A8ED-FBC7701C2620.jpeg

13330992-182F-41B0-900F-4DC58FA603FE.jpeg

Edited by Craig2412
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

Looks great Craig! Your donor area in the photo looks fantastic almost like you never had any grafts take let alone 5,015 of them!

Thank you Cosmo 👍🏻😊 I was surprised how it looks a little grown out considering the grafts taken.

• 2 weeks later...

12 Month Result

Here is my 12 month result. I’ve attached a couple of comparison photos. The first being more or less 12 months difference in the same bathroom, under the same lighting with no product in my hair. Having a hair transplant has made a huge difference to my life, from walking down the high street and never having to worry about the wind ruining my hair and exposing my badly receded hairline, to having a hell of a lot more confidence in all aspects of life.

Honestly the best money I’ve ever spent and actually nice to have options for various hairstyles. 

For my first transplant I don’t think I could have wished for any more to be fair and actually exceeded my expectations. 

Thank you everyone for you advice and feedback whether positive or negative, and without this forum there would have be no way I would have travelled outside the UK.

I need to thank Suzana from Asmed who has always been in contact over this past year.

FC671E9D-5ADB-4A35-8730-C3286A5A4A9D.jpeg

60E9CDEF-BEE6-4242-8975-5092838D35CA.jpeg

808CFDAA-3CF9-4DE0-803A-D4EC6AD2C6FE.jpeg

27BF1134-C8C3-45D2-B9FF-3F92278F49BA.jpeg

178B5339-6157-4B0B-8EE4-3DB3B15653EA.jpeg

B05607AC-089E-4E96-95DA-8CEC3B615A82.jpeg

7CD42C21-FBAF-425F-AD76-710D3C502CD8.jpeg

55C35D84-250B-49CD-8E54-372BEA557EE7.jpeg

59292F8E-C128-4E19-8F8F-5F1C2E0DC8BC.jpeg

F97350DA-EA90-452C-A3A0-D68443149D46.jpeg

70088590-54B2-49FC-B036-9E452DDBAAF0.png

Edited by Craig2412
  • Like 1

• Administrators

So many people talk negatively about ASMED, but results like yours never get talked about. One of the best on the site no doubt.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

So many people talk negatively about ASMED, but results like yours never get talked about. One of the best on the site no doubt.

Cheers Melvin, I’ve come close a couple of times over the past year to defending the clinic but sometimes it’s not worth the aggro.

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, Craig2412 said:

Cheers Melvin, I’ve come close a couple of times over the past year to defending the clinic but sometimes it’s not worth the aggro.

Don’t waste your time, the best way to do it is to show your results. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Great result. Donor in the 4th picture down is looking impressive considering the amount of grafts taken. Quite surprised it looks so good with the hair that short at the back . What guard was used?

Think something may have possibly changed in recent years at ASMED with regards to the punch used? Seen a couple of instances of guys who've had procedures at ASMED say around 2015 and before shaving down and scarring was much more noticeable. In more recent cases, the donor areas are looking pretty impressive when shaved down/trimmed very short when it comes to scars. 

Edited by Fozzie

Yea I think they should get rid of that kebot that analyzes donors. Idk if they had that before or not 

Edited by Tbcruz

22 minutes ago, Tbcruz said:

Yea I think they should get rid of that kebot that analyzes donors. Idk if they had that before or not 

Huh? Think the kebot is just used to analyse donor area pre-procedure using high powered cameras and doesn't play a part in the surgery itself.

5 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Huh? Think the kebot is just used to analyse donor area pre-procedure using high powered cameras and doesn't play a part in the surgery itself.

I know the Kebot doesn’t do the surgery. But its part of the donor management that’s how he tells how many grafts are available to be used.

asmed posted a video introducing it on YouTube.

i also miss read your post I though you were saying that before his donors were in better condition. But your actually saying the opposite which I don’t agree with. 

Edited by Tbcruz

Bloody hell what a freakin result! I’m happy for you man! This is what a 90%+ yield looks like at asmed. I hope to get to where you’re at soon to be able to style my hair freely back like that. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Great result. Donor in the 4th picture down is looking impressive considering the amount of grafts taken. Quite surprised it looks so good with the hair that short at the back . What guard was used?

Think something may have possibly changed in recent years at ASMED with regards to the punch used? Seen a couple of instances of guys who've had procedures at ASMED say around 2015 and before shaving down and scarring was much more noticeable. In more recent cases, the donor areas are looking pretty impressive when shaved down/trimmed very short when it comes to scars. 

Thanks Fozzie, I get a high skin fade so most of the back and sides is a zero guard going into a 0.5 or 1 at the top.

8 minutes ago, Sam818 said:

Bloody hell what a freakin result! I’m happy for you man! This is what a 90%+ yield looks like at asmed. I hope to get to where you’re at soon to be able to style my hair freely back like that. 

Cheers Sam, I appreciate it. So happy too 😊 How many months are you in? I’ll keep an eye out for you progress. Good luck 

3 hours ago, Tbcruz said:

i also miss read your post I though you were saying that before his donors were in better condition. But your actually saying the opposite which I don’t agree with. 

Not necessarily saying better condition in terms of donor management but specifically scarring. Obviously scarring is there regardless, but when I saw a couple of pictures from ASMED patients like @dust78, @jonnyalex and @Yaz89 who had procedures a good number of years ago and compare them to more recent cases such as @DEB1982, @Craig2412 and a couple of others, their scars seems to be much more prominent when shaved down/trimmed extremely short imo.

4 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Not necessarily saying better condition in terms of donor management but specifically scarring. Obviously scarring is there regardless, but when I saw a couple of pictures from ASMED patients like @dust78, @jonnyalex and @Yaz89 who had procedures a good number of years ago and compare them to more recent cases such as @DEB1982, @Craig2412 and a couple of others, their scars seems to be much more prominent when shaved down/trimmed extremely short imo.

Oh okay, I hear you. Sorry I miss understood what you said.

craig, I’m dreaming of a result like yours .. amazing 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tbcruz said:

Oh okay, I hear you. Sorry I miss understood what you said.

craig, I’m dreaming of a result like yours .. amazing 

Thank you man, so happy. Good luck with your journey