How To Decide On The Right Hair Transplant Surgeon

• Administrators

The hardest thing to do, is decide on the right hair transplant surgeon. In my opinion, going on this forum and looking at patient reviews was my deciding factor. What did some of you guys do to cross some docs off your list and ultimately choose your surgeon? I'd love to hear the communities thoughts.

How To Decide On The Right Hair Transplant Surgeon

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I remember when I first sent my initial online consults off. I was checking my email every 10 minutes to see if I had heard back from any of the Drs. I remember feeling disappointed by certain Drs feedback regarding what was possible and what perhaps wasn't. Like everybody, I wanted to address everything in one session. I guess that was the start of a long journey. But one that I was super excited about and a very necessary and positive journey for me. I researched for the best part of a year, and looked at as many reviews as possible. Dr Rahal was a able to be recommended by this site at that time and was pretty active with his results posts. 

I remember specifically one other guy who had surgery whilst I was still considering Doctors, and I could relate to him somewhat in regards to hair calibre and level of hair loss. He went on to achieve one of the most amazing results that I had seen at the time, and that was the deal maker for me. I contacted him and not long after booked my surgery.

I would guess that most guys had that one hair idol from their Doctor previous to their procedure that was the inspiration and the goal. That can be extremely powerful.

That is why the false marketing is so awful. Showing results from Doctors that are not real, maybe from another Doctor. That is where forums such as this helped me so much. To navigate the minefield and read patients constant documentation and live their journey with them. Maybe before instagram and in a time less influenced by facebook, things were much more honest. Or maybe people were just more honest? We are all going through this and know the pain. We should all be there to support one another. Not take the opportunity and exploiting vulnerable guys.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I must have looked at hundreds and hundreds of results, contacted many patients for their opinions and interviewed a fair number of surgeons when deciding who I felt was best for my case.

The design and long term results of hairlines was extremely important to me.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY