Help me Decide my FUE - Hasson & Wong Or Dr Feriduni ?

Help me Decide my FUE - Hasson & Wong Or Dr Feriduni ?

- I am based in the UK but don't mind travelling. 

I have been quoted between 2800-3500 FUE - Both are pretty much the same price for the treatment. 

My decision is down to who can give me the best result and lowest transection rate. 

About me 32 years old: on the big 3 + Vits for 10 years, it has slowed down my hair loss dramatically. Never got sides from finasteride.

Please help. See pic's of my hair loss. 

20180901_230230-2.jpg

20180901_230446-2.jpg

20180901_230602-2.jpg

20180901_230628-2.png

20180901_231148-2.jpg

20180923_142037.png

20180923_142042 copy.png

20180923_142044 copy.png

20180923_142535 copy.png

20180923_142910 copy.png

@ahmeda87

Two great clinics mate. You have narrowed it down well. May I ask why and how you have narrowed it down to these two clinics?

What have each clinic said to you? Without knowing exactly their recommendations, I believe that when it comes down to choice between physicians such as these, it becomes very much a personal choice. Who else did you consider and why have you ruled them out? I would be intrigued to know. 

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

7 hours ago, Raphael84 said:

@ahmeda87

Two great clinics mate. You have narrowed it down well. May I ask why and how you have narrowed it down to these two clinics?

What have each clinic said to you? Without knowing exactly their recommendations, I believe that when it comes down to choice between physicians such as these, it becomes very much a personal choice. Who else did you consider and why have you ruled them out? I would be intrigued to know. 

Firstly Money... It is not really an issue so I want the best value for the best results. 

I was considering Dr Koray ASMED but he is doing 5-7 HT's a day which is worry. 

Dr Feriduni - Pro's : Reputation, 1-2 ops a day max, results with my type of MPB, local as I am in the UK

Con's : he can do up to 3500 FUE in a day but I heard the limit is 2500 FUE per day so worried that doing it all in one day might cause shock loss? also graft survival is between 85-95%. 

Wong : Pro's : Met him in London, super humble guy and very informative. 3000 grafts over two days. 95% graft survival rate, Reputation, 1-2 ops a day max, results with my type of MPB

Con's : slightly more expensive, Long journey from the UK, they are new to the FUE game but getting good results. 

• Like 1

Its fantastic that you are doing your research and due diligence mate. I personally believe you do right to avoid ASMED if you are uncomfortable with aspects of their clinic and as I said, you have two fantastic physicians. 

Well done and keep us updated!

Edited by Raphael84

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I was going to go with Dr. Wong in 2014 before H&W was doing FUE - instead went with Rahal who was already doing FUE at that time. You undoubtedly chose an excellent surgeon - good luck on your journey, should be exciting!

On 3/8/2019 at 4:00 AM, Kiwi Guy said:

Hey man, good luck on your journey, two very good clinics, any reason you chose Wong over Hasson specifically with that clinic?

I met Dr Wong in London when he did a consultation and really liked him. Such a humble and nice guy. No arrogance like others. 

1 hour ago, home1212 said:

I was going to go with Dr. Wong in 2014 before H&W was doing FUE - instead went with Rahal who was already doing FUE at that time. You undoubtedly chose an excellent surgeon - good luck on your journey, should be exciting!

Thanks for your comment. Why did you pic Rahal?

10 minutes ago, ahmeda87 said:

Hey all, getting super confused now. 

Wong

Feriduni

Dr Lupanzula 

Dr. Juan Couto,

ahhhhhh who to pick? am I over researching now?

Couto has some very impressive looking results but he has 4 year waiting list. Think there's a  1-2 year waiting list just to get a consultation if I remember correctly.

8 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Couto has some very impressive looking results but he has 4 year waiting list. Think there's a  1-2 year waiting list just to get a consultation if I remember correctly.

ohhh wow that's long haha. Well who else would you pick on my list?

• Administrators
13 hours ago, ahmeda87 said:

Hey all, getting super confused now. 

Dr. Juan Couto,

ahhhhhh who to pick? am I over researching now?

You'll be completely bald by the time you get an appointment. Who's results impress you the most? Forget about distance and forget about money. The bottom line is the results. If you like Dr. Wong's results the best choose him. If you like Dr.Feriduni's results the best choose him. Personally, I'm really impressed with Dr. Reddy in the UK. I would probably add him to the list if I were you.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 hours ago, home1212 said:

again, because Rahal was doing FUE and H&W were not at that time in 2014 - 

I see, makes sense. Do you know much about H&W FUE results? I can't see much compared to the others. 

4 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

You'll be completely bald by the time you get an appointment. Who's results impress you the most? Forget about distance and forget about money. The bottom line is the results. If you like Dr. Wong's results the best choose him. If you like Dr.Feriduni's results the best choose him. Personally, I'm really impressed with Dr. Reddy in the UK. I would probably add him to the list if I were you.

I have heard of Dr Reddy a few times. I might reach out to him. Thanks for the tip bro. 

How can a doctor do that many transplants in one day?

You can't and control quality. Go with a doctor who does one (maybe two) cases a day. I say two because you can have one case in the morning and the other in the afternoon. Same team. Just 1/2 day. 

Problem with a lot of Turkish doctors is they are focused on volume. They have 8+ rooms and need a massive volume of patients to feed the "machine."

While you might get a good doctor... in the end it's a business and money talks. It's more profitable to focus on volume and delegate to technicians...then perform 1-2 cases a day at a premium price. If you asked to be the only cases, you would get a polite but firm, "no." 

Lets face it, most of the Turkish docs USP is "we're cheaper." Problem is that's not sustainable. The competition will go cheaper. Take Korea. The USP there is cost. And most (even the busiest clinics) struggle to make any profit. 

A few of the Turkish docs have caught on and increased their price...the good ones anyway. But for the others, they are playing the short-game. And patients will pay the price. 

Hey Thanks for all the replies. Appreciate it. 

So I just saw Dr Farjo and he is a super nice guy and very informative. More importantly he quoted me 2000 grafts because for me donor management is very important.  

The Med's have held me on well but I know I will need another two FUE's in the future at least. 

Everyone in my family is is NW6/5 on both sides of the family. 

If I can hold a good head of hair till 50 then happy to go bald after that :D

I think I am now over researching...... 

Farjo is literally a 30 second walk from my office. Dr Wong is also amazing but is it worth the travel from the Manchester, UK .

Also I am considering Dr Lupenzula

Anyway.... I want to make a decision very soon and this over researching is confusing me. 

7 minutes ago, ahmeda87 said:

Dr Wong is also amazing but is it worth the travel from the Manchester, UK

If you like his work above everyone else's, I wouldn't really let travel put you off to be honest. End of the day, as you've mentioned cost isn't a major factor for you, I'd suggest travel shouldn't be either if it means going to someone who you feel will give you the best chance of a great result. 

• Like 3

• Administrators

Forget about distance. Guys from Australia have traveled to Vancouver which is literally the opposite side of the planet. Results last a lifetime remember that.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.