Help me Decide my FUE - Hasson & Wong Or Dr Feriduni

Help me Decide my FUE - Hasson & Wong Or Dr Feriduni ?

- I am based in the UK but don't mind travelling. 

I have been quoted between 2800-3500 FUE - Both are pretty much the same price for the treatment. 

My decision is down to who can give me the best result and lowest transection rate. 

About me 32 years old: on the big 3 + Vits for 10 years, it has slowed down my hair loss dramatically. Never got sides from finasteride.

Please help. See pic's of my hair loss. 

20180901_230230-2.jpg

20180901_230446-2.jpg

20180901_230602-2.jpg

20180901_230628-2.png

20180901_231148-2.jpg

20180923_142037.png

20180923_142042 copy.png

20180923_142044 copy.png

20180923_142535 copy.png

20180923_142910 copy.png

• Administrators

That's a very strange pattern. Have you ever gone to a physician to diagnose your hair loss? I'm not saying it's not genetic hair loss, but it does appear almost like alopecia areata. I suggest consulting with as many physician's as possible. If you're in the UK visit Dr. Reddy and Dr. Farjo.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

39 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

That's a very strange pattern. Have you ever gone to a physician to diagnose your hair loss? I'm not saying it's not genetic hair loss, but it does appear almost like alopecia areata. I suggest consulting with as many physician's as possible. If you're in the UK visit Dr. Reddy and Dr. Farjo.

That pattern is unusual i agree. It looks like male pattern baldness but it also looks like something else.

2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Hey, I have seem Harley Street, Crown Clinic and Dr Wong when he came to London. It is MPB just an unusual style. It started in the middle and then moved forward. 

That’s a very interesting balding pattern.  I’m with Melvin (Moderator) get another look and opinion.  Please keep us posted with any news and progress.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

15 minutes ago, JohnCasper said:

That’s a very interesting balding pattern.  I’m with Melvin (Moderator) get another look and opinion.  Please keep us posted with any news and progress.

Thanks, so I have got opinions for 7 different HT Dr's. As mentioned this is very very slow over the 12 years of balding and even though I am not on the typical "NW scale" they said it is still MPB. 

So now I a deciding between Wong or Feriduni ? 

On 3/6/2019 at 6:45 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

So I just saw Dr Farjo. I am based in Manchester and his office is a 60 second walk from me :)

He said my type of hair loss is just MPB and its not uncommon pattern. It is uneven but just because I am not the usual NW scale it should still be fine. 

As mentioned I was losing slowly from mid scale then outwards. I have been on Fin and Minox for 10 years so that has helped a lot. 

Farjo said I only need 2000 grafts :D

Edited by ahmeda87

Looks more like a Ludwig or perhaps Olsen pattern but it’s hard to tell because it’s combed forward in the pictures.

You’ve established that you are a good candidate for a HT through in person consultations with several good surgeons. That’s good.

Your question is,  between Feriduni and Wong, which one will give you the lowest transection rate and best overall result?

Both surgeons are among the best in the world at what they do, are well respected by their peers and highly regarded on this forum. You cannot make a bad choice between the two.

I wouldn’t worry about transection numbers with these surgeons. There are no good numbers published to help you there anyway. Both surgeons have very experienced teams and both consistently produce good to excellent yields based on their patient and clinic posted results.

I would focus on more subjective factors to help differentiate between the two. Which surgeon’s results look more natural to you? Whose hairlines look better to you? Which clinic have you had better interactions with?

Again, you cannot make a bad choice between the two.

Edited by Spaceman

Did they do a test to see caliber/texture of your hair type?  Remember, while motorized FUE may be viable with one hair type, manual fue extraction may be less risky for another.  2000 grafts may be a smart number to start with.  Try to avoid high density megasessions in a small recipient zone.  Trust me on that.  You do not want to be in a nightmare situation.  

Good idea may be to reach out to Dr Wong, Dr Bisanga, Hattingen, Dr Keser to see what  they may say is the best approach to this.  Ask plenty of questions.  Best of luck.  

re: hair loss pattern: norwood is not complete. looks like a normal pattern

I have a preference for Dr Wong...he is a legend. You can count on what he recommends as true. Always worth getting a 2nd opinion for sure. But guys usually do this for price reasons. You will find that "top" docs are all in the same price range. I always suggest 3 consults with a top doc. Gives enough information to make an informed decision and you avoid information overload. 

100% agree with Sean. The doc should offer....

• manual, motorized FUE
  • different punch sizes (avoid 1mm)
  • shard, dull punch (or combo)
  • have on hard, partial transection, plus full (ask)
  • offer "donor management." Ask specifics to get a feel

why? transection rate. your case should start with the doctor testing which has the lowest. once determined, move forward. he/she will know quickly. Ask to see the #'s. Donor management is an advanced technique. Only a handful of fue docs do this. But it's so important.

re: high density megasession...two thoughts here, 1-pass vs. 2-pass. The first, while proven, does carry more risk and is less forgiving. 2-pass is the "safer" option. But you are back for a second round. Not always an option when you are traveling 1000's of miles :) If I had a choice, I would go with 2200 max, then top things up. A lot of guys get really great results with this. 

Hey Thanks for all the replies. Appreciate it. 

So I just saw Dr Farjo and he is a super nice guy and very informative. More importantly he quoted me 2000 grafts because for me donor management is very important.  

The Med's have held me on well but I know I will need another two FUE's in the future at least. 

Everyone in my family is is NW6/5 on both sides of the family. 

If I can hold a good head of hair till 50 then happy to go bald after that :D

I think I am now over researching...... 

Farjo is literally a 30 second walk from my office. Dr Wong is also amazing but is it worth the travel from the Manchester, UK .

Also I am considering Dr Lupenzula

Anyway.... I want to make a decision very soon and this over researching is confusing me. 

• 3 weeks later...