RAHAL 3082 FUT 6 month progress report (with pics!)

bman3082

@Aftermath 

Dr. Rahal didn't declare himself "The hairline King"... his patients did. But as with anything you should back up claims with proof… So below is the proof. There are thousands of examples on this form alone… I encourage you to use the search function.

Here are just a few...

"he's called the hairline king"
https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/51249-dr-rahal-3025-grafts-fut/

"The Hairline king!!! 
https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/46745-dr-rahal-3185-graft-fut-nw-3-6-months-post-op/

I'm also calling you on your "lacks consistency" and "patients disappear" statement... Dr. Rahal is one of the most consistent doctors in the business...this is a fact...not up for debate.

- Search the forms and you'll find thousands of happy patients... And "very few" unhappy patients... He's been doing this for 30+ years... Thousands upon thousands of procedures… I would say that's "consistent"... Wouldn't you? 

-Even the elite hair transplant surgeons don't bat hundred percent... A small percentage of guys… For whatever reason...will need a touch up. It's the human body… There are factors outside of their control. Don't get a hair transplant unless you can accept that fact. 

- What's important is… How did the doctor react?… Meaning did he do everything in his/her power to make the patient happy. Elete hair transplant surgeons at Dr. Rahal's level do just that… They have one goal really, make sure you are happy.

The above are just a couple of reasons why I chose Dr. Rahal for my hair transplant.

I've been at this for a long time (20+ years)… and I see when posters like you throw little "jabs"… which aren't true… just to get patients/guys all riled up. Making sure you  say in the same sentence "it's your opinion" just to cover your tracks… that's telling.

There are certain doctors in the industry who are consistent… And care for their patients... few and far between in this industry sadly. Dr. Shapiro, and Dr. Wong are 2 others I have great respect for. Both are consistent and produce amazing results. 

These doctors are on your side...and move the industry forward. 

--------------------------------

@bman3082 It's great to see you back man. And awesome to see you asking questions… Sharing your experience.

Sorry I had to waste my time on @Aftermath. His goal is to get guys riled up with statements like "failure" or "not consistent." He knows full well it's all BS. 

Reality is… You went with one of the best... 

✓ consistent
✓ natural results
✓ hairline King
✓ ethical
✓ experience

It's too early to judge anything... but based off what I'm seeing (40 grafts cm/2) you are right on track.

40 grafts cm/2 is a low density hair transplant... and it's going to look thin. Especially since you have dark hair/pale skin and contrast between hair and scalp is high.

It's important you keep your expectations in check. Meaning don't expect a typical Rahal Hairline. You need minimum 50-60+ grafts cm/2 (depending on hair characteristics). 

Not that you have anything to worry about… Everything indicates (from what I'm seeing) your hair transplant will be a successBut it will look thin. Again, thin does not mean your hair transplant was a failure. It just means you received 40 grafts cm/2... And will need some creative styling to achieve the look you're after. This is just the reality. Anyone who says different is lying.

...But again...way too early to judge anything. It's a waiting game...and you are not even at the 1/2 mark...both in density and coverage. 

What's key here is that you went with Dr. Rahal...One of the most ethical doctors in the business. So even though 40 grafts cm/2 will look thin… And it sounds like you knew that going into it. Dr. Rahal will most likely increase the density for free… That's just who he is

Good luck and keep us posted... You have nothing to worry about.

Edited by HairLossMentor

32 minutes ago, HairLossMentor said:

@Aftermath 

Dr. Rahal didn't declare himself "The hairline King"... his patients did. But as with anything you should back up claims with proof… So below is the proof. There are thousands of examples on this form alone… I encourage you to use the search function.

Here are just a few...

"he's called the hairline king"
https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/51249-dr-rahal-3025-grafts-fut/

"The Hairline king!!! 
https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/46745-dr-rahal-3185-graft-fut-nw-3-6-months-post-op/

I'm also calling you on your "lacks consistency" and "patients disappear" statement... Dr. Rahal is one of the most consistent" doctors in the business. 

- Search the forms and you'll find thousands of happy patients... And "very few" unhappy patients... He's been doing this for 30+ years... Thousands upon thousands of procedures… I would say that's "consistent"... Wouldn't you? 

-Even the elite hair transplant surgeons don't bat hundred percent... A small percentage of guys… For whatever reason...will need a touch up. It's the human body… There are factors outside of their control. Don't get a hair transplant unless you can accept that fact. 

- What's important is… How did the doctor react?… Meaning did he do everything in his/her power to make the patient happy. Elete hair transplant surgeons at Dr. Rahal's level do just that… They have one goal really, make sure you are happy.

…The above are just a couple of reasons why I chose Dr. Rahal for my hair transplant.

I've been at this for a long time… and I see when posters like you throw little "jabs"… which aren't true… just to get patients/guys wild up...

Making sure you  say in the same sentence "it's your opinion" just to cover your tracks… that's telling.

So based on that… "In my opinion" you are a shill. 

There are certain doctors in the industry who are consistent… And care for their patients... few and far between in this industry sadly. Dr. Shapiro, and Dr. Wong are 2 others I have great respect for. Both are consistent and produce amazing results. 

--------------------------------

@bman3082 It's great to see you back man. And awesome to see you asking questions… Sharing your experience.

Sorry I had to waste my time on @Aftermath. His goal is to get guys riled up with statements like "failure" or "not consistent." He knows full well it's all BS. 

Reality is… You went with one of the best... 

✓ consistent
✓ natural results
✓ hairline King
✓ ethical
✓ experience

It's too early to judge anything... but based off what I'm seeing (40 grafts cm/2) you are right on track.

40 grafts cm/2 is a low density hair transplant... and it's going to look thin. Especially since you have dark hair/pale skin and contrast between hair and scalp is high.

It's important you keep your expectations in check. Meaning don't expect a typical Rahal Hairline. You need minimum 50-60+ grafts cm/2 (depending on hair characteristics). 

Not that you have anything to worry about… Everything indicates (from what I'm seeing) your hair transplant will be a successBut it will look thin. Again, thin does not mean your hair transplant was a failure. It just means you received 40 grafts cm/2... And will need some creative styling to achieve the look you're after. This is just the reality. Anyone who says different is lying.

What's key here is that you went with Dr. Rahal...One of the most ethical doctors in the business. So even though 40 grafts cm/2 will look thin… And it sounds like you knew that going into it. Dr. Rahal will most likely increase the density for free… That's just who he is

Good luck and keep us posted... You have nothing to worry about.

Sounds like an infomercial😂 chill out mate I’m entitled to my opinion, not trying to get under anyone’s skin. Bottom line whether it’s rahal or whoever it is if they fail to get even a 50% yield (I realise I’m this case it’s far to early to tell) then I wouldn’t be going back to them. There are also a few threads where things appear to have been going less than optimal and then they disappear, wasn’t making any accusations, just wondering why this was. And as far as consistency, maybe it’s the cross sections of threads that I’ve seen, but they’re either out of this world good or sub par, to me that’s not consistant, that’s all I’m saying. I’ve always said that on his day rahal produces great results, but personally I wouldn’t put my faith in him, not saying anyone else shouldn’t, but we are all big boys and can make our own mind up and can have our own opinions, really no need to go into so much detail personally addressing me 

also how many times can you say it’s a success but it’ll look thin? Sounds to me like Lit wasn’t told about any issues with it being thin until after the procedure, and knowing the guy he is wouldn’t have agreed to a surgery if it was mentioned pre op it would be thin. Informed consent only works pre not post surgery 

Edited by Aftermath

@Aftermath

I never said you weren't entitled to your opinion. I respect your opinion. But you made stuff up. 

This isn't a question of "I think Dr. X's hairlines are more natural than Y's." Both are opinions. But you outright lied. You claimed Dr. Rahal's patients "disappear." You also claimed Dr. Rahal is "not consistent." 

You made both up... But THAT'S NOT THE ISSUE I have...

• When a guy gets a hair transplant… at around the 6 month mark… he starts to question everything... Did I make the right decision? Is one side growing faster than the other?
  • He'll start researching the forums, looking for guys also at 6 months… He starts to compare his result to others… Staring in the mirror every day, looking for gaps, thinking back when he bumped his head. 

...It's a mind F#CK.

It doesn't help when guys like you start feeding them BS… Using the words "failure."

It's way too early to judge anything...he needs to hear just that from you and others.

If at 9 months... he's not happy... That's a different story… Then our focus needs to turn to finding a solution. Looking at all his options. I'll be one of the first to call Dr. Rahal out. But that should not even be on his mind.

You provided no support... Instead you throw jabs..and made up stuff... This only adds fuel to the fire...and only makes the guy feel worse. 

Look man… The industry is plagued with hair transplant hacks. Ethical doctors are few and far between... And why I won't hesitate to defend Dr. Rahal and others. They actually care for patients.

The guy is anxious as it is. Do you really think you are helping? We're all in this together. 

What this guy needs to hear are the facts... 

✓ Dr. Rahal is consistent
✓ it's too early to judge anything
✓ let's see where things are at 9 months
✓ if you have any concerns, Dr. Rahal will take care of you

Edited by HairLossMentor
  • Haha 1

• Administrators

Guys,

Let’s keep this thread on topic. We’re all free to express our opinions. At times as patients we can feel upset that someone doesn’t feel our personal doctors are as good as we may feel, but they have that right.

At this point, yes bman has results that are lackluster. However, it’s important to understand that he’s only halfway there. Hopefully things turn around for himin the coming months.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 minutes ago, HairLossMentor said:

@Aftermath

I never said you weren't entitled to your opinion. I respect your opinion. But you made stuff up. 

This isn't a question of "I think Dr. X's hairlines are more natural than Y's." Both are opinions. But you outright lied. You claimed Dr. Rahal's patients "disappear." You also claimed Dr. Rahal is "not consistent." 

• When a guy gets a hair transplant… at around the 6 month mark… he starts to question everything... Did I make the right decision? Is one side growing faster than the other?
  • He'll start researching the forums, looking for guys also at 6 months… He starts to compare his result to others… Staring in the mirror every day, looking for gaps, thinking back when he bumped his head. 

...It's a mind F#CK.

It doesn't help when guys like you start feeding them BS… Using the words "failure."

It's way too early to judge anything...he needs to hear just that from you and others.

If that 9 months... he's not happy... That's a different story… Then our focus needs to turn to finding a solution. Looking at all his options. I'll be one of the first to call Dr. Rahal out. But that should not even be on his mind.

You provided no support... Instead you throw jabs..and made up stuff... This only adds fuel to the fire...and only makes the guy feel worse. 

Look man… The industry is plagued with hair transplant hacks. Ethical doctors are few and far between... And why I won't hesitate to defend them. 

The guy is anxious as it is. Do you really think you are helping? We're all in this together. 

I appreciate the feedback on my thread. I agree, Dr. Rahal is good and genuine, there’s a reason i chose him. The density seems to be pick up so im just letting the play out. A main concern for me at this point however is the design. I will wait obviously until everything is final to see how it looks styled, but i know my face and know its very angular and looks better with recession. I should have pressed more for that, as we all have individual preferences. I am hoping there is some may to add some sort of angling with minimial scarring. 

However i will say that your posts come off very strong and defensive. It will obviously incite negative emotions so i don’t understand the thinking behind it? Super strong posts like that actually make any clinic look worse imo (not that anything in this thread makes rahal look bad as I’ve mentioned many times, i am super optimistic but for a hopefully small refinement in hairline design) so your intentions thought obviously genuine become shrowded. Just food for thought. 

4 minutes ago, Aftermath said:

I haven’t called his result a failure, I’ve said it’s early days and may well improve...

Hey Aftermath,

Just want to say you have never once in this thread made me feel anxious or bad, quite the opposite actually. I really appreciate the support. Not to pick on anyone, but im really not sure what mentor is talking about here. Kind of seems like any ‘negative’ rhetoric about rahal (though i’d hardly call it that) is taken as a personal attack on mentor’s character, and that he is using it to distract from your honest opinion earlier on. Feels devisive, and that’s why I feel strong posts like mentor’s that actually do more harm than good to any said clinic (just my honest opinion that im sure is shared).

It’s obvious I relish your positive thoughts and outlook greatly. 

As well, knowing you have the result you have starting off with more loss gives me solace and peace no matter the outcome.

cheers,

b

2 minutes ago, bman3082 said:

Hey Aftermath,

Just want to say you have never once in this thread made me feel anxious or bad, quite the opposite actually. I really appreciate the support. Not to pick on anyone, but im really not sure what mentor is talking about here. Kind of seems like any ‘negative’ rhetoric about rahal (though i’d hardly call it that) is taken as a personal attack on mentor’s character, and that he is using it to distract from your honest opinion earlier on. Feels devisive, and that’s why I feel strong posts like mentor’s that actually do more harm than good to any said clinic (just my honest opinion that im sure is shared).

It’s obvious I relish your positive thoughts and outlook greatly. 

As well, knowing you have the result you have starting off with more loss gives me solace and peace no matter the outcome.

cheers,

b

Thank you mate, he’s just taking some of what I said out of context, and he’s obviously not aware that we communicate fairly frequently and have done long before your procedure, I would never post anything just to make you feel bad and I’d never give you an opinion I didn’t 100% believe. I agree that the post was just really strong for no apparent reason. I’d put rahal near the top when it comes to surgeons, there are plenty of hacks out there and I’d never call him that, it’s just for me personally there are others I’d go to over him and there’s nothing wrong with that, at the end of the day it’s personal opinion and who you feel is the right fit for you. I do agree with one part of his post though where he said you don’t need nefitivity because at 6 months it is a mind fuck, but as ever u know where I am if u want to chat

36 minutes ago, HairLossMentor said:

@Aftermath

...It's a mind F#CK.

If at 9 months... he's not happy... That's a different story… Then our focus needs to turn to finding a solution. Looking at all his options. I'll be one of the first to call Dr. Rahal out. But that should not even be on his mind.

Look man… The industry is plagued with hair transplant hacks. Ethical doctors are few and far between... And why I won't hesitate to defend Dr. Rahal and others. They actually care for patients.

You know what in the spirit of honesty and all that, i really don’t understand why you felt the need to comment on my thread? You blatantly told me to “please stop messaging you” after you promised to send me some pics of rahal patients at 5-6 months since I was concerned with progress. I asked for them a few times, since your opening statement was that you’d send me them, but was consistently met with variations of “you need to relax” as if my asking for something you promised was evidence of some sort of restlessness. I literally said “you gonna send them or not” and you told me to “stop messaging [you]” which at 5.5 months was great to hear. Other members happily obliged, but it was somehow a huge issue and personal fault of mine for asking you, though u stated multiple times u would? 

It’s just off you trying to cover all these bases when everyone is entitled to their opinion. Man, it’s a forum. No comment can make or break the rep of an esteemed clinic with 20+ years in the game. If you truly believe the hype you create around rahal, then you would be far less defensive literally ALL the time. Not trying to incite you, just logically wondering why you’d want relation with me publically after completely disgregarding me in private. 

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Legend007 said:

So what’s the update now ? Have u been censored by big brother , bman ? 

We received complaints from a well known member on here that bman was harrasing him and cussing him out. We were provided with screenshots. He has not been banned and this has absolutely nothing to do with him posting his results. However, we can't allow any of our members being harassed through private messages.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

Who snitched on him ? Bman is literally coming on this forum for advice n help .. if some members have arguments n stuff .. just stop talking to each other but what’s up with the tattletelling .. I’m interested in this update n prefer for him n other members to continue posting their progression results , whether good or bad ... ( but it’s true the bad ones are the most fun threads to foLlow .. n it’s also sometimes the patients last resort to venting and expressing their results . Nothing wrong with that .. 

I don’t even look at doctor posted pics anymore .. it’s almost meaningless .. the most meaningful threads are posted by patients ., 

Edited by Legend007
  • Like 5

On 3/26/2019 at 9:08 PM, Legend007 said:

Who snitched on him ? Bman is literally coming on this forum for advice n help .. if some members have arguments n stuff .. just stop talking to each other but what’s up with the tattletelling .. I’m interested in this update n prefer for him n other members to continue posting their progression results , whether good or bad ... ( but it’s true the bad ones are the most fun threads to foLlow .. n it’s also sometimes the patients last resort to venting and expressing their results . Nothing wrong with that .. 

I don’t even look at doctor posted pics anymore .. it’s almost meaningless .. the most meaningful threads are posted by patients ., 

“Hairlossmentor” is guess, he took acception to the negativity towards rahal in this thread 

agree about patients threads being a far better judge than the clinic posted results 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2019 at 3:05 PM, HairLossMentor said:

other doctors would disagree with 40 grafts/cm 2 being low density, and that anything more would choke the blood supply to other grafts

• 3 months later...

Well my experience wasn't that good as well. He drew my hairline and sent me to the surgery room without explaining to me what to be done. I told him to FUE out some of the grafts below my higher new hairline but did not and made my hairline straight line without natural curvature towards the center of my forehead which I wasn't that pleased with it.

My hairline growth and density was quite weak. It was estimated 55 but I got 40 and some areas 30 even, I was awake whole surgery as he was handling two surgeries plus he did not perform incisions or implanting. It was purely the work of technicians and a Mexican guy called Mike.

My 6 months result and one year was somehow similar however I wish you success. i just feel Dr. Rahal standard isn't as it used to be.

Edited by HARIRI

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]