Propecia long term

I noticed hairloss 4 years ago and got immediately on prophecies. The hair loss has not progressed since and has always been only in the front. Never had crown or midscalp issues. How many people have had long term no more hair loss with propecia. I’m hoping it’ll keep what I have with it. A couple of doctors recommended here have told me that they see no thinning at all

So when u guys say propecia stopped /halted ur hair Loss .. u don’t get random hairs falling sometimes? Like when u run hands through ur hair ? 

.. I’ve been on propecia for 15 months .. don’t feel that much difference ..I’m  still experiencing hair fall .. there’s no way that I’m at baseline from where I started like the studies said . Definitely a decline in total hair count since starting the meds for me .. but then it could be that fin slowed it somewhat .:I’m  not really sure.. only thing i know is . If I don’t take anything medically it will get worse . I’m going to start dermarolling soon .. adding that to the mix.. 

2 hours ago, Legend007 said:

u don’t get random hairs falling sometimes?

Everybody has random hairs falling out everyday, maybe 50-100 per day, assuming a full head of hair. But if they are terminal they should grow back. If miniaturized maybe not. 

On 2/28/2019 at 12:24 AM, Legend007 said:

So when u guys say propecia stopped /halted ur hair Loss .. u don’t get random hairs falling sometimes? Like when u run hands through ur hair ? 

.. I’ve been on propecia for 15 months .. don’t feel that much difference ..I’m  still experiencing hair fall .. there’s no way that I’m at baseline from where I started like the studies said . Definitely a decline in total hair count since starting the meds for me .. but then it could be that fin slowed it somewhat .:I’m  not really sure.. only thing i know is . If I don’t take anything medically it will get worse . I’m going to start dermarolling soon .. adding that to the mix.. 

You're not supposed to feel the difference. If you generally look similar to how you did when you started, it's a success.

I don't think the use of finasteride will completely stop the progression of MPB but may indeed greatly slow down the rate of progression.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY