Only thing I haven't tried - PRP - Is it worth it?

So, I'm on Fin; have the laser cap, bought Lipogaine shampoo, Lopigaine Monix, Advanced Trichology Azelaic Acid, Scalp Elixir, Derma Roller...but I'm still bald :(

Last week a relative of mine (overseas) told me he got PRP treatment and his hair loss has stopped and he is seeing growth....this is coming first hand so I called clinics around Houston area for prices.

I'm being quoted 5500 for 2 treatments with ACELL; 800 per treatment with a 3200 dollar 4 treatment package. Another clinic said 1500 per treatment. I'm inclined to try one thing I haven't in my journey before HT so wanted to see if you can can give me some pointers about prices. I initially thought it was more like a 250-400 dollar treatment.

Edited by Panamera13

15 minutes ago, Panamera13 said:

So, I'm on Fin; have the laser cap, bought Lipogaine shampoo, Lopigaine Monix, Advanced Trichology Azelaic Acid, Scalp Elixir, Derma Roller...but I'm still bald :(

Last week a relative of mine (overseas) told me he got PRP treatment and his hair loss has stopped and he is seeing growth....this is coming first hand so I called clinics around Houston area for prices.

I'm being quoted 5500 for 2 treatments with ACELL; 800 per treatment with a 3200 dollar 4 treatment package. Another clinic said 1500 per treatment. I'm inclined to try one thing I haven't in my journey before HT so wanted to see if you can can give me some pointers about prices. I initially thought it was more like a 250-400 dollar treatment.

If fin, keto shampoo, laser, derma and lipogaine minox don't grow hair for you (from the sound of it you're already almost completely hairless on top?), don't blow a cent on PRP because its virtually assured you'll see no benefit.

If you have the money to even consider blowing $5500 on PRP, take your money and consult HnW or Rahal (both on the cheaper end also) for the potential of a large FUT procedure for yourself. All of these treatments you mention actually cost a reasonable amount of money and require consistency, imo drop every single one except for finasteride, and get a transplant. 

Which clinics quoted you? First thing I would do is make sure they are recommended on this website

Also I am curious to know if you started all these treatments when you were already bald or if you started them when you were already bald. Usually propecia is pretty good at keeping you hair just not at regrowing old hair

how old are you? 

Thx for the replies. I still have some left of top but not much. See attached pic.

Fin + Laser cap hasn't helped for sure in re-growth. This Sept/Oct, planning HT. Already sent info to H&W/Rahal for consult. 

The PRP quotes are from generic derm clinics in houston area. The only recommended HT surgeon on this website charges 2600 per treatment but they were very clear in telling that they use 120cc of blood which no other clinic mentioned so that was good.

But the main point is whether I should go for PRP or not. Again, this is coming from a relative who said it helped him but he has more hair on top than I do.

Top.jpg

4 hours ago, Panamera13 said:

Thx for the replies. I still have some left of top but not much. See attached pic.

Fin + Laser cap hasn't helped for sure in re-growth. This Sept/Oct, planning HT. Already sent info to H&W/Rahal for consult. 

The PRP quotes are from generic derm clinics in houston area. The only recommended HT surgeon on this website charges 2600 per treatment but they were very clear in telling that they use 120cc of blood which no other clinic mentioned so that was good.

But the main point is whether I should go for PRP or not. Again, this is coming from a relative who said it helped him but he has more hair on top than I do.

Top.jpg

Flat no, time to get a transplant. If you're obsessed with blowing five grand on a procedure that no one in your case has got worthwhile cosmetic benefit out of in history, put it in Bitcoin instead and hope for the best. Most sensible option is to use that money to put towards going to the surgeon of your choice. You're likely going to require multiple transplants so its even more of a waste to put thousands of dollars into a treatment that won't help you if your current steroid level hairloss regimen doesn't.

Go straight to HnW and forget anything like this which virtually amounts to the power of prayer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Panamera13 said:

Top.jpg

Don’t waste you money on PRP or ACELL or other BS, put the money towards an HT. I’m glad I did.