New AI Robot ready to replace Ht docs??

VicTNYC

No.... the answer is no. 

Also, in general, when reading a headline in the news that is posed as a question, the answer is almost always no...because if it weren't, it would made as a statement. 

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

From what I heard, many of the doctors recommended on this site that purchased artas initially (H&W, Rahal, Mohebi) no longer use it. I think that should tell you something. Please, to any newbie reading this if you are considering artas, please reconsider.

Also, I dont think many people know this but the device was FDA cleared for only black or brown hair that is straight.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t consider Artas at this point either, nor would I recommend it to anyone. 

I do think it is possible, however, that robotic technology will continue to improve and may eventually be better than the human hand. Consider tasks like making incisions. Robots should be able to control angle, depth, and spacing better than people. I’m not saying it’s there yet, but I do think someday it could be.

I wonder which will happen first, robotic technology improves to rival the top doctors, or the development and commercialization of hair cloning/duplication technology? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jj51702 said:

From what I heard, many of the doctors recommended on this site that purchased artas initially (H&W, Rahal, Mohebi) no longer use it. I think that should tell you something. Please, to any newbie reading this if you are considering artas, please reconsider.

Also, I dont think many people know this but the device was FDA cleared for only black or brown hair that is straight.

I agree @jj51702

I just find it interesting that the company keeps flushing money into this.

48 minutes ago, Spaceman said:

I wouldn’t consider Artas at this point either, nor would I recommend it to anyone. 

I do think it is possible, however, that robotic technology will continue to improve and may eventually be better than the human hand. Consider tasks like making incisions. Robots should be able to control angle, depth, and spacing better than people. I’m not saying it’s there yet, but I do think someday it could be.

I wonder which will happen first, robotic technology improves to rival the top doctors, or the development and commercialization of hair cloning/duplication technology? 

I wouldn’t go with ARTAS either nor recommend it, not even the “new” 2.0 version.

It has many hurdles to clear and probably another decade or more of refinement before it can compare to the skill and artistry of a human professional experienced surgeon, if that.

I’m wagering that safe scalp to different scalp transfer of grafts is more of a reality in the near future than cloning or great robotic results.

Edited by VicTNYC

Thank you.....NO.  I’ll take my 7,125 grafts all extracted and placed by the hand of Dr. Vories.  I believe the Artas Robot uses a relatively large punch size as well.

Well said....Spanker and others.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.