HairClone: Pipe Dream or Scam?

Saw this video on YouTube on this new company, HairClone, a ‘Graft Bank’ of sorts,  they are making claims of being able to preserve an individuals hair grafts in order to clone the cells giving a person a limitless cloned donor grafts down the road.

On a practical level, it makes sense. On a business level, they seem to be using the ‘Kickstarter’ method putting out marketing material in order to get funding and investment on future promises and future technology they plan to do, they claim to be partnering with many Ht docs and several recommended on this forum to roll out their method and service.

My bullshit meter is pretty good and I feel this is both, a pipe dream and scam to gain financial backing and credibility.

Anyone familiar with them?

I watched the video. It seems like the solution everyone has been waiting for, but what I didn’t quite clearly understand is if they actually successfully developed the means of cloning the hair follicle yet. It seems like they’re just extracting 50 follicles, and storing them in their bank until they successfully clone them?

It would be interesting to hear from some of the doctors noted in the video that are recommended on this website. 

Edited by hairlossPA

3 hours ago, hairlossPA said:

I watched the video. It seems like the solution everyone has been waiting for, but what I didn’t quite clearly understand is if they actually successfully developed the means of cloning the hair follicle yet. It seems like they’re just extracting 50 follicles, and storing them in their bank until they successfully clone them?

It would be interesting to hear from some of the doctors noted in the video that are recommended on this website. 

They aren’t cloning any grafts at this point , that’s just their claim of doing so in the future if the technology becomes a realty, but , want funding and investment now as well as customer interest in banking their grafts cryogenically...at a pricey cost I bet.

Yeah, would be great to get some details and info from the recommended doctors on here that are partnering with this firm.

Edited by VicTNYC

Hair Folicle Banking. I can see why it would be attractive to many HT doctors. It’s another service that they could sell. They’d get paid for extracting the grafts for storage and maybe kickback from HairClone’s storage fees. It’s yet another high margin, generally harmless, but likely totally useless service peddled by the hair restoration industry. Seems only useful for someone at risk of losing every single hair on their head.

Edited by Spaceman