Beware of Black Market FUE Hair Transplant Clinics

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators

"Black Market" FUE clinics have exploded in popularity recently. Unfortunately, the low prices and high graft numbers entices naive and unsuspecting patients. This is a serious issue that is severely damaging thousands of hair loss sufferers worldwide. I would appreciate it if you guys shared this video. It's an important issue that isn't touched on nearly enough.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Good video!  

But even some known surgeons have done unethical things.  Definitely good starting points in the video though.  

You definitely had higher loss and look great today.  I had less and i am trying my best to have hope.  

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Sean said:

Good video!  

But even some known surgeons have done unethical things.  Definitely good starting points in the video though.  

You definitely had higher loss and look great today.  I had less and i am trying my best to have hope.  

Thanks Sean,

It’s definitely an “illusion” but I do my best to work with what I have. I don’t see why you wouldn’t have hope. If I could have a good result, so can you. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Nice video Melvin. It is definitely something that everybody considering hair transplant surgery should take the time out to watch and be aware of. There are some very shady individuals/clinics out there looking to prey on insecure and often desperate people. Thats why the work that you guys do should be applauded. 

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• Administrators

Thanks raphael 🙏🏼

View my thread

Melvin, good report.  I see this frequently with people just coming into the industry and trying out ARTAS.   Techs will harvest, make recipient sites and place. This brings up a question I had not thought of before.  Is there a local agency that can regulate this? So, say, for example, you become aware of a practice where the harvesting is done by a tech and not a doctor.  Can you call someone to come in and do a surprise visit?  I am guessing the practice can always say that the tech is working under the umbrella of the doctor......Thoughts?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, LaserCap said:

Melvin, good report.  I see this frequently with people just coming into the industry and trying out ARTAS.   Techs will harvest, make recipient sites and place. This brings up a question I had not thought of before.  Is there a local agency that can regulate this? So, say, for example, you become aware of a practice where the harvesting is done by a tech and not a doctor.  Can you call someone to come in and do a surprise visit?  I am guessing the practice can always say that the tech is working under the umbrella of the doctor......Thoughts?

That’s the next topic I’m going to touch on robotic FUE in the hands of unlicensed technicians. Unfortunately, most of these “black market” FUE clinis are in developing nations, where there is little to no regulation. That said, the robotic FUE is a problem in North America without a doubt.

View my thread