spex

Will Prince Harry be BALD in 2-5 years?

I’m quoted today in the Daily Star regarding Prince Harry and his options. I’m pretty confident he’s a user of concealers or has been but if he doesn’t act fast and take action and prevent further loss then he’s only got 2-5 years in the tank in my opinion. 

He would suit a shaved head and could really help making shaving down to disguise the loss much more appealing to others. “If it’s ok for Harry, it’s ok to be bald ! “ 

What you guys think ? 

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/761377/Meghan-Markle-Prince-Harry-hair-loss-bald-Duke-Sussex-royal-news

Regards

Spex

Looks like Hank the mockor is now becoming the mockee.

6655B8D3-2878-4B13-B6B8-8E54450E718D.jpeg

Edited by VicTNYC

My question is why did this have to happen to either of them as far as hair loss?  They have the means obviously or is it not advisable as a royal person of status not to alter their looks?  

Is it possible?  

1 hour ago, Qneedhair said:

My question is why did this have to happen to either of them as far as hair loss?  They have the means obviously or is it not advisable as a royal person of status not to alter their looks?  

Is it possible?  

The tabloids would absolutely crucify him if he got a transplant or any other procedure. I expect he will end up buzzing it like his brother, which is fine.

• Like 1

In his favor, he still has quite a lot of hair in his frontal area, unlike William who lost all of his hair at a young age. If Harry holds on to his hair in the front until the age of 40, that's better than the situation some young men face (think of William who lost most of his hair before the age of 30).

The media would probably have a field day if they ever found out that either one of them had altered their appearance in any way. It would be easier for Harry to get away with having a HT without anyone noticing, simply because he still has a lot of hair in the frontal area, which would work in his favor of covering up any significant changes to his appearance (think of a slick bald NW6 who all of a sudden becomes a NW 2.5 with a thinning crown). 

In the end, they are both nice looking men. A handsome face is a handsome face with or without hair. Sure, most men look better with hair, but they are both fortunate to have positive facial characteristics. 

Edited by delancey

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Looks like Eddie Van Halen is losing his hair too...

HwRFPo.jpg

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

He should get on fin.

Thats a trash website btw.  So many pop ups and BS I couldn't get through the article. 

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

10 hours ago, Shampoo said:

Looks like Eddie Van Halen is losing his hair too...

HwRFPo.jpg

There is no true safety.  That is depressing.

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

The baldness gene truly runs in the royal family. His donor also is not the best with some signs of retrograde alopecia.

Being under the limelight must be very hard but as said here, he will probably end up shaving down as his brother did.  In the UK it seems still very unforgiving towards people losing their hair, be it celebs or royalty, and it is zoomed in and mentioned where possible. We would not dare to that with other issues that affect appearance. 

I also agree, as is, he will be very bald, very soon.  Seemingly a nice guy and I hope he copes with it.

@Spanker, yes this is a tabloid paper, so it focusses on the sensational as such but we have far worse also.

'

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

12 hours ago, Spanker said:

There is no true safety.  That is depressing.

Looks like David Lee Roth has gone bald too. Even had a hair transplant. 

C0FC434C-8B76-46CE-A432-15FCDED4DF46.jpeg

44ECE352-45FB-45AE-849B-28160982578A.jpeg

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

29 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

You would think that Diamond Dave would have gotten SMP or FUE grafts into that scar to camouflage it before publicly showing off the shaved head, which he doesn’t look half bad with.

10 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

He grew his hair out some.  He has been balding for 20 years though.  

View Spanker's Website

He tatooed his body but couldn't get the smp to fill in the linear scar?  Maybe he doesn't care who see's him but to me this scar is too noticeable. 

If he's not self conscious about this then kudos to him but If it was me, I would have to get it fixed with smp and fue or both combined .  I agree his head is shaped alright to pull off this look. 

56 minutes ago, Qneedhair said:

He tatooed his body but couldn't get the smp to fill in the linear scar?  Maybe he doesn't care who see's him but to me this scar is too noticeable. 

If he's not self conscious about this then kudos to him but If it was me, I would have to get it fixed with smp and fue or both combined .  I agree his head is shaped alright to pull off this look. 

Exactly. 

He has tattoos all over but didn’t do the scar, okay, whatever makes him happy I guess.

It's not a good scar by any stretch, no pun intended. He probably had a hair transplant in the 90's. Back then 1,000 grafts was considered a mega-session.

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

Eddie should find a different doctor than DLR used. 

Good grief that scar looks hideous!

Saw DLR on Joe Rogan podcast, I have to say his hair looks pretty good now. You couldn't see the scar either. I suspect he got another procedure and the scar revised.

On 3/2/2019 at 1:16 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Saw DLR on Joe Rogan podcast, I have to say his hair looks pretty good now. You couldn't see the scar either. I suspect he got another procedure and the scar revised.

Looked better because it’s cropped short rather than long and sparse and all over the place, also, not coloring it like he was 40 years old, looked good white too....in my opinion.

He may have gotten old physically but his mindset is still youthful.

Yeah, I am sure DLR did everything he could...and probably back in the 90's when FUE wasn't common.  One of those lessons in why FUT is a bad idea mostly...at least IMHO.  To me it is kind of safe for guys who probably will never be bald enough where shaving their head makes sense. But then again, why not just go FUE in that case.  And the flip side, on NW 6 cases where you need every graft.. Quite honestly, if you are that bad off even a good HT result at 38, you might find at 55 it's just a mess like poor DLR and just realize it's time to buzz it off. Then from behind you are two small circles away from the back of your head looking like a happy face.  DLR is only human and probably looked at those pics and realized it needed work and SMP and maybe some fue to fix it. I hope he did. But he will never be able to have a really short buzz and it be un- noticeable in person. 

Harry, ironic name considering this thread!  yeah, he is well past the point where it looks salvageable.  In my own hair loss...per the text books. You can loose 50% of your density and not really be noticeable. I disagree with that as I sure noticed. But I agree it is pretty accurate when you phrase it like "obviously thinning to anyone who looks at your hair in any close manner" And where Harry is now, maybe he is at 25% where it is more like you don't see a bald guy, like his brother. But he is one big shedding phase away from crossing a line where it just will look stringy and unhealthy. At that point it will be time to clip it.  He of course has the funds to have the best Dr. in the world work on him and probably with his coloring could easily have a no shave FUE. I am sure top surgeons would respect his privacy and do the meticulous work to do a complex FUE like that. He better do it soon if he really want's too...he has that option still.   My guess is he will be like his brother in another 7-8 years. Plus he has a decent face for a buzzed head (sorry, William doesn't). My guess is like 80% of men with thinning hair, he doesn't care enough about it to get a HT.  I know when I was in my late 30's and happily married to a pretty wife, I hated my thinning hair and did the best I could. But didn't think a whole lot about it and probably would have just buzzed it off an never done a HT.  I think your mindset and priorities are just different when you are in that place and if you are confident.  If I was still that 30's guy with the pretty wife...I would never have bothered to learn about FUE. But knowing what I know now, if I had known how inexpensive and simple it was to have done...I would have done it.  But I wasn't obsessing enough about my hair to even go down that road to learn.     My guess is Harry is happy and it's not as big a deal to him.  Plus, maybe he is wise and realizes life is long...and he is going to be a lot of bald. So why risk the scaring and public scorn if he probably would end up buzzing it off.  It is a pretty wise decision in the big picture of life to not do something short sighted that might give satisfaction short term and more suffering long term.    But if I were his friend, I would for sure tell him 3000 FUE grafts done by a world class  doctor is for sure worth looking into. And he probably should go for it all things considered. But plenty or reasons not.    Actually, I would not be shocked if he were on here if it is bothers him.  I am sure 100's of A list male celebrities have found there way onto this forum.  And no doubt a few registered users are names we probably have heard as they learn and ask questions in this anonymous manner. 

It's going to be interesting to see what both Harry and his brother William will look like in their 40s...Norwood class?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Jim Harris, Denver, CO - Dr. Robert True & Dr. Robert Dorin, New York, NY

As much of a believer as I am in hair restoration, there's something really refreshing and inspiring about William and Harry embracing their hair loss. For a lot of guys, hair transplants simply aren't an option, whether this be for financial reasons or because they aren't good candidates. I think it's important to have role models in society who don't see hair loss as something crippling and detrimental, as there are so many men out there with hair loss who feel like outcasts. Hopefully cases like this give them some sort of comfort. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14

2,001 grafts

Ones: 607

Twos: 925

Threes: 413

Fours: 56

1.25 mg Finasteride daily since July 2014

Posted (edited)

I would think 99% of balding men don't get transplants....yes for financial reasons, for fear reasons involving surgery and fear of what others will think and say, and maybe some are not good candidates, some just dont care, but mostly IMO it's because they don't want it bad enough. You gotta really, really want this. I've always said "if hair transplants were free, most guys would still not get one"... It's not fun, it's not cheap, it's a long healing process, requires patience, it's a moving target of progression, and for me it was all about pain level....the pain level of looking in the mirror every morning dealing with balding...it finally reached the point where I was ready....some just accept their fate.....good for them.....some don't. 

Edited by Shampoo