PawelRz89

Result after two weeks - redness

Hi All, 

I had a hair transplant over two weeks ago, in total 2112 grafts. Can you take a look and tell what are you thinking about it? There are still some scabs and redness...

EC7EAE4C-575B-4B03-ADC4-FF0444813FDC.jpeg

F6D848D1-7C16-42FA-970C-87C33B06355B.jpeg

4 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Hi.

Looks totally normal, redness could last a month or two maybe less maybe more. Good luck & happy growing!

Thanks, any tips how to reduce or cover this redness? 

25 minutes ago, PawelRz89 said:

Thanks, any tips how to reduce or cover this redness? 

Not really, since you are really early in the healing process. I just wore a baseball hat when I could to cover it, you can use pure aloe Vera gel on your donor area if it bothers you but for the transplanted area I don’t think you can do much really than to let it heal naturally, you don’t want to damage the grafts this early in the process.

Also, definitely ask your doctor/clinic, they should have informed you for post-op care.

Looks perfectly good and on track from what I can see. As other have said....just what happens when your skin is healing and you have light skin. I would not put anything on it like concealer or something that could prevent proper healing. I did have a big formal event about a month after surgery and did try to bled it with concealer for a few hours that evening. But looks right and don't mess with it. 

Looks on track.  Redness stays for some time.  

Not a lot you can do really other than wait it out. The redness should reduce day by day. If you're able to, just throw a hat on for the next week or so. The immediate weeks post op are always difficult but hopefully it'll be worth it.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

21 hours ago, Baldrick101 said:

Pics a little blurry but it looks fine. Not much you can do about the redness IMO. Where did you have it done?

Hi, it has been done in Poland-dr Saifi (good one;)). Here is a photo from tday, not that bad about redness.

568A15AE-5095-4A51-B2C6-B850F4166AF1.jpeg

2 hours ago, PawelRz89 said:

Hi, it has been done in Poland-dr Saifi (good one;)). Here is a photo from tday, not that bad about redness.

568A15AE-5095-4A51-B2C6-B850F4166AF1.jpeg

Cool, I've seen a few good ones from that doctor. Good luck! 

It still looks slightly red, but to me it looks a lot better than your pic from a week or so ago, and I don't think many people are going to notice it. 

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Don't worry about the redness, it's already looking OK. Just stay out of the sun and it will be gone before you know it.

The redness can persist up to 6 months. It’s getting better though. You’re over the worst, now the fun begins 😉

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

Do you guys think I can enjoy the nice weather and taking some sun for the redness area or rather I should wear some hat/cap to protect it? Please advise! Thanks!

39 minutes ago, PawelRz89 said:

Do you guys think I can enjoy the nice weather and taking some sun for the redness area or rather I should wear some hat/cap to protect it? Please advise! Thanks!

Easy. Cap for sure. Sun burns are your skin cells committing suicide. You don't want anything crazy going on near your follicles, and nothing that will cause scalp irritation.

If you can't wear a cap, use sun screen applied every 2 hours. SPF 50+.

Thanks! Its over a 3 months after a HT so I was thinking that not that much can happen. 

On 5/18/2019 at 3:13 PM, PawelRz89 said:

Thanks! Its over a 3 months after a HT so I was thinking that not that much can happen. 

please share pics...

Normal given your skin color.  Not sure but it seems you still have some crusts?  scrub! You need to get them out of there. Now patience. (Had you tanned this would have been less of an issue.  But don't tan now as you can freckle permanently).