Will a tight military haircut show scaring from doner areas?

Even if you get a trichophytic closure you will not be able to hide an FUT scar without some SMP and possible FUE repair afterward. And depending on how many FUE grafts you pull, it can also be visible. However, you can get FUE, go back after its healed, and cover up with SMP. That can make it nearly invisible. It all depends on how much harvesting you'll need. Keep in mind that SMP is NOT permanent either. You'll need to touch it up every few years or until something better comes along.

• Moderators

It's generally more likely that you can get a shorter cut with FUE, so I would go that route if that's the hairstyle you are hoping for after having a hair transplant. However it's not guaranteed that you will be able to get a short cut without scars showing even with FUE. Nobody can tell you the answer because it's different for everyone based on genetics, size of punch used, angle of punch used (due to angle of your hair), skin color, etc. You will not know for sure until after the procedure has fully healed, so if you are not OK with the possibility of having to keep your hair at some length to hide the scars then do not have a hair transplant.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.