Is a mature transplanted head of hair as strong as if it wasn't transplanted

Hey guys

I had a transplant about a year ago. My transplanted hair has grown well and my hair looks natural. 

I have a bit of an embarrassing problem so I'm just going to state it: I was having sex and the girl I was with pulled my hair quite a lot during it. I should have told her to stop, but I was kind of in the moment. 

My scalp was ever so slightly tender afterwards - nothing too bad. I looked in a mirror, everything seemed fine. No blood, nothing like that. I think if I hadn't had a HT, I wouldn't even question this. But because I have had a HT, I'm worried if it could have been damaged. Or, is it as good as natural hair, that can take a bit of pulling and still be ok?

Thanks

If you had sex the day of the procedure......Houston, we have a problem.  If not, the hair should return.

Many believe the hair in the donor area is the strongest hair there is, (and it's permanent).  That's why that is what is used to do transplant procedures.  There are so many combinations of hair, (thick, medium. thin), and even colors.  Some darker, some lighter.  And where are they located.  Typically the caliber of the hair located in the hairline area is far thinner than the hair right behind the front.  So, to answer your question, it depends.  Where did she pull it from?

The next time you are with the girl, pull out her hair...see if she likes it.  Bet she will stop doing it again.

4 hours ago, LaserCap said:

If you had sex the day of the procedure......Houston, we have a problem.  If not, the hair should return.

Many believe the hair in the donor area is the strongest hair there is, (and it's permanent).  That's why that is what is used to do transplant procedures.  There are so many combinations of hair, (thick, medium. thin), and even colors.  Some darker, some lighter.  And where are they located.  Typically the caliber of the hair located in the hairline area is far thinner than the hair right behind the front.  So, to answer your question, it depends.  Where did she pull it from?

The next time you are with the girl, pull out her hair...see if she likes it.  Bet she will stop doing it again.

"The next time you are with the girl, pull out her hair...see if she likes it."

Chances are she probably will.

• Haha 3

A year after the procedure, I don't think there's any amount of hair pulling that could be done during sex to permanently compromise your hair transplant... So I say knock yourself out if that's what you/she are into. Lol. 😏

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56