Toppik after a transplant

It should, depending on how much native hair you have.  This is a fiber that adheres to the hair and it makes it thicker looking.  It also takes away the contrast between the hair and the scalp, depending on your hair color.  Much tougher to conceal on a blond person.  I would wait a week post op to start using, but ask the doctor, he can guide you.   Now, that's where the hair is located.  If you are considering hairline work and get to experience some redness down the forehead you can use some mascara.  There are some make-up artists at the mall.  They use the stuff day-in day-out and can also help you.

• Like 1

If you're keeping the native hair in the recipient area and you have a decent amount of it for the fibers to stick to, I think you should be good, but just how red/pink your scalp is after the procedure will also play a factor. My scalp has always been sensitive, so mine was more pink than I would've liked for longer than I would've liked - but by week 3 it was pretty solid. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

As others have said, if you've got a reasonable amount of native hair then the hair fibres will do a good job of hiding the redness. I had to attend a big social event a week after a no-shave transplant years ago and did just this. No one was any the wiser.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.